widescreen resolution removed from the game.

"
Immoteph wrote:
FYI, seeing more on your screen is obviously an advantage

The point throughout this thread is that it's an irrelevant advantage. Firstly, because it's only one kind of hardware advantage. The relative advantage of a player with an RTX 4090 / 13900K / 240 Hz display compared to someone on a Steam Deck is vastly greater than the advantage provided by maintaining their historical ultrawide support. And second, this is not a competitive game. Not many people have an RTX 4090/13900K/240 Hz PC either, but you don't see GGG hard-capping performance to limit that advantage. It's irrational to limit some kinds of hardware advantage in a non-competitive game, but not others.

And black bars are the least competent possible "solution". They are simply unacceptable. If GGG wants to selectively remove/limit this advantage, there are several alternative solutions that would make sense e.g. fog of war / increased mob aggro / black bars only in the competitive modes like racing/PVP, etc. Rendering the whole screen but slapping black bars on the edges to block what is rendered in normal PVE gameplay is really, really dumb and not defensible.

Fix it.
The 352nd character to hit Level 100 in Standard
The 82nd character to hit Delve 1000 in Standard
Last edited by tackle70 on Apr 26, 2023, 8:17:39 AM
Funniest part is that even with widescreen you will get oneshot by offscreen mobs. Especially if they are above/below you.
Day 250.

Fix it.
Day 251.

Fix it.
Day 252.

Fix it.
Day 253.

Fix it.
Day 254.

Fix it.
Day 255. Fix it.
i do miss the zoomout, my overall game performance was surprisingly MUCH better than after they pulled the curtain back.

Like not joking, A HUGE hit to performance for me, I would happily accept monsters being invulnerable after a certain distance or even unloading entirely if i could get my cozy screenspace back.

Can live without it but that much performance loss for no other improvements was rather harmful to my experience specifically.. Idling in my hideout is more intensive than it has ever been as a result.
Innocence forgives you
Last edited by SilentSymphony on May 2, 2023, 8:40:14 AM
Day 256.

Black bars are not acceptable.

Fix it.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info