widescreen resolution removed from the game.

"
tackle70 wrote:

Thank you, however, for your help keeping this important problem at the top of the feedback forum.

So important that even GGG didn't bothered to "undo" the made change or have a different stance about it even after 1 year and 301 days.

No surprise cause they have no interest to enable game play advantages to players with a 32:9 monitor for obvious reasons.

In the end it's also not their job to "fix" your unsupported niche workspace hardware.
It's never been the job of any game dev ever lol.
Flames and madness. I'm so glad I didn't miss the fun. hoho
Last edited by Pashid on Jun 14, 2024, 4:10:39 AM
"
Pashid wrote:
"
tackle70 wrote:

Thank you, however, for your help keeping this important problem at the top of the feedback forum.

So important that even GGG didn't bothered to "undo" the made change or have a different stance about it even after 1 year and 301 days.

No surprise cause they have no interest to enable game play advantages to players with a 32:9 monitor for obvious reasons.

In the end it's also not their job to "fix" your unsupported niche workspace hardware.
It's never been the job of any game dev ever lol.

VR support may be called niche, not UW, lol. GGG had already willingly crippled themselves on playerbase amount by pushing overly complicated, obfuscated, clunky, and punishing design in their game.
1 year, 301 days

Fix it
The 352nd character to hit Level 100 in Standard
The 82nd character to hit Delve 1000 in Standard
Spoiler
Sure.

Screen:
Disclaimer: Calculations within 1% margin of error.
A)U.Wide. 1132 x 1.27 = 1437.64 pixels. 13,5% wider for each side. 305 pixels wider than standard.
B)16:9. 1132 pixels wide.

Wide Range Reference:
16:9(Top).
Stacked: U.Wide > 16:9 > 4:3 (Middle).
U.Wide (Bottom).
Strong Box Reference (Middle Left).
All images stacked adequately to assure quality.

Skill in Question:
Tornado Shot
Lightning Strike
Bladestorm

Empirical Tests:
The baseline used was un-juiced T16 with 90%+ quant.

Tree used:

Map Sample used:

Videos:
Tests for U.Wide vs 16:9 agro distance.
U.Wide x 16:9 Top Left against mildly active enemies:https://puu.sh/K8z8S/125159ac5a.mp4.
Enemies do not agro.

Wide x 16.9 Approach against fairly active enemies:https://puu.sh/K8zaw/ea95ea59e7.mp4.
16:9 enemies agro.

Direct horizontal Sight wide:https://puu.sh/K8zc4/b4955c3af5.mp4.
10 seconds to agro.

Direct horizontal Sight 16:9:https://puu.sh/K8zc7/199e978cbc.mp4.
Instant agro.

This proves an advantage exists. But you might as well say that it's impractical to use it on a regular play.

Extra paper 0% exp TS Build:
Build proof:

Essence Monster 1 x 0% exp TS build:
https://puu.sh/K8zj6/c7e5856e6a.mp4.
@24 seconds, meteor does 3/4 of my life. Unsafe at 16:9. Pretty safe at U.Wide.

Essence Monster 2 x 0% exp TS build:
Wide x essence:https://puu.sh/K8zto/4729d40dee.mp4
I can reliably keep track of him. Blood corruption rarely spawns near me. Yes, i smooth brained near the end with 16:9.
16:9 x essence:https://puu.sh/K8zty/920fc8e23c.mp4
I can't keep track of him in the same way. Blood corruption spawns near me constantly. I could attack from offscreen, but that diminishes damage substantially.

The survivability aspect i'm putting in question pertains to the distance one has from the monsters when you are playing an absolute paper build.

The damage aspect i'm putting in questions pertains to the damage output sustainability and increased damage from Far Shot.

But you are probably right, MB is not budget friendly. You know what is? Headhunter. https://poe.ninja/economy/necropolis/unique-accessories?name=Headhunter
Which also makes able to do relatively juiced maps with mirror of delirium. I made a video with the same character but it was too large and i don't have a way to cut it atm.

Oneshot BS build:
Build proof. Forgot about life: 5693 mana:851 ES:0.

Essence Monster 3 x Paper(?) BS build x 4:3:
https://puu.sh/K8zyc/6dcbc00b24.mp4

Then we convert that same BS build to the same stats as the TS build:

Essence Monster 4 x Paper BS Build:
https://puu.sh/K8zFX/2f6a915de8.mp4
Yeah.

So, should you get U.Wide or keep 16:9?
Tornado Shot: U.Wide gives QoL and damage increase for TS and similar builds.
Lightning Strike: similar performance, but has tradeoff as projectiles do less damage.
Bladestorm: literal waste of money.
"
Echothesis wrote:
- Conclusion 6: Fastest way of achieving desirable goal for majority of PoE players has no correlation with access to ways of negating mobs attack capabilities, including one known as "Ultrawide aspect ratio attack range".

Let's see what you concluded and apply it to a few simple questions:
U.Wide doesn't affect tanky builds? You would be correct. Mostly QoL.
U.Wide doesn't affect oneshot builds? You would be correct. Mostly QoL.
U.Wide doesn't affect melee builds? You would be correct. Mostly QoL. LS is not melee. /s.
U.Wide doesn't affect ranged builds? Partially correct. It will increase Tornado Shot and Toxic Rain damage and survivability(builds that need to click on the enemy location precisely), but Kinetic Bolt, Split Arrow and other projectile based builds are unaffected.
U.Wide doesn't affect paper builds? You would be incorrect. U.Wide is large enough so that it can and will affect mapping survivability and visibility.

Which makes me wonder. You yourself said that U.Wide "has no correlation with access to ways of negating mobs attack capabilities", yet i've proved the advantage exists and i've proved that it does affect survivability in projectile paper builds, and let me stress this again, does fuck all for melee, so i'll ask again, why try to force GGG do address something that beyond U.Wide is at best useless, by your own words, and at worst gives an advantage to mostly ranged builds, also being a QoL that GGG doesn't benefit one cent off of?

1)It has a player based economy, making it competitive by default. Most of the best delve players literally keep their accounts hidden as to not disclose information to others.
2)Which is bannable.
3)It is. It's like saying water isn't wet and refusing to elaborate. Your opinion doesn't change a fact.

0 year, 5 days that proof was given that further extending vision is abusable. No "fix" needed.

Ruthless should be [Removed by Support].
"
Echothesis wrote:

VR support may be called niche, not UW, lol. GGG had already willingly crippled themselves on playerbase amount by pushing overly complicated, obfuscated, clunky, and punishing design in their game.

32:9 is pretty niche giving how few games actually support it. Hell even 21:9 is quite niche as you even hit some games without any support for the aspect ratio either lol.
Handy and time saving for programming, 3d modeling and other workspace related stuff. But you should know that if you even ever laid your hands on any of that :)
Flames and madness. I'm so glad I didn't miss the fun. hoho
"
AdRonZh3Ro wrote:

1)It has a player based economy, making it competitive by default.

For two players to engage in any economic activity with each other, both players must mouse over every item in a trade window and each click that they both agree to the trade.

You then claim that this activity - where two players cooperate to do something they both agree is good for each of them - is competitive by definition.

This is quite literally nonsense. Up is down, the earth is flat, water is not wet level nonsense.

If you can't understand the basic difference between cooperative and competitive game mechanics and design, we have nothing further to discuss.

Black bars require this level of logic to defend their inclusion in the game. Thanks for helping me make my case.
Last edited by tackle70 on Jun 14, 2024, 8:06:15 PM
tackle, however did you manage to read what AdRon wrote in such a wrong way? That wasn't what he said at all; you just talked about the action of an individual trade whereas AdRon refered to the economy.

I am genuinely baffled you somehow interpreted it that way.
The opposite of knowledge is not illiteracy, but the illusion of knowledge.
"
ArtCrusade wrote:
tackle, however did you manage to read what AdRon wrote in such a wrong way? That wasn't what he said at all; you just talked about the action of an individual trade whereas AdRon refered to the economy.

What are you on about?

This entire thing is cooperative. Players all play together in the league to collectively cooperate to generate currency and items. The players collectively sort out the relative values of those items and currencies in mutually reinforcing and agreed upon manners to establish the broad contours of what might be called "the economy". Mechanically, it's just the same cooperative endeavor as a trade window but at scale.

Again, you guys appear to fail to grasp the fundamental mechanics at play, and are apparently getting confused because some players voluntarily engage with this game in a competitive mindset.

But nothing in the main game is even remotely close to being competitive PvP. It's noncompetitive PvE at every point, with the exception of races and the PvP mode.

This is an issue of game design, not player behavior. If the entire Counterstrike community got together and agreed "we're not going to shoot at each other ever again", it wouldn't change the fact that Counterstrike is a competitive PvP game. Likewise, the existence of players who play competitively in a noncompetitive PvE game does not change that game into one which is competitive PvP.
Last edited by tackle70 on Jun 14, 2024, 8:23:14 PM
"
ArtCrusade wrote:

Sunk cost fallacy. He's in way too deep to be proven wrong by mere facts.
Ruthless should be [Removed by Support].
"
AdRonZh3Ro wrote:
"
ArtCrusade wrote:

Sunk cost fallacy. He's in way too deep to be proven wrong by mere facts.

Ah yes. Facts like "mutually agreeable actions between players are equivalent to competitive actions between players"

Love it.

Black bars thrive on logic like that.

Fix it, GGG.
Last edited by tackle70 on Jun 14, 2024, 10:57:42 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info