[3.25] Ice Dancing Queen - Icestorm/Cyclone/CI - Viable For Everything

"
Sumpfgn0m wrote:
I also really enjoy this build. Had tried it several leagues back with the Scion and had a blast. This time also with Scion first, but switched to Trickster after I reached Maps with the Scion and like you all, can really feel the difference in survivability.

Breezing through T16 red maps with two voidstones and feel mostly invincible.

BUT... the first reality check came with the conquerors. Al-Hezmin was of course a joke, due to CI, but Baran really kicked my butt. His blast always oneshots me, the mana-sucking tiles don't help either of course :)

I was wondering, how did you guys manage this fight?

I have somewhat decent gear, can't afford much more at the moment, need to earn/find me some further Divines now. Prices in Standard are simply nuts.

Am I still to low-level for Baran? Energy shield with 6.6K too low?

And @Kelvynn... thank you for this awesome guide :)

EDIT: PoB https://pastebin.com/TDpnfcp2

This build in credibly sturdy in maps because of the evasion chance and high leech.

Until you have 8-10k ES, you might not be able to facetank conquerors, especially their high-damage attacks. You'll need to dodge them. However, goign with the self-cast staff and staying at a distance between applications of Vortex can help, as you might have more time to get away from Baran slams or Veritania tornadoes.
"
King_Haart wrote:
Drox is just irritating to me as he seems to go through long phases of taking nearly no damage - took me over 10 minutes to kill him one time.

Drox drops banners that give him immunity to damage. Blast the banners when they spawn and Drox falls over like a limp noodle.
Just wanted to say thanks to everyone in this thread. I had never beaten a Uber boss before in 700 hours of playtime and it always seemed so out of reach. I've just finished the challenge to kill 4 Ubers! Defeated Shaper, Searing Exarch, Cortex and Eater of Worlds. I'm super excited!

Now on to beat Sirus and Maven. This is going to be painful but so satisfying! And when I beat Uber Uber Elder... then I'll know I've beaten PoE!
"
King_Haart wrote:
Whilst it's pretty top-tier, Trickster gets a lot of extra defense from Evasion and simply not taking hits in the first place, and every 6 points of evasion on Body armor is ALSO 1 ES, so it's really double value to get an EV/ES chest. In theory a top-tier full EV chest (3.5K+ EV) is more viable than a full ES on for this build I reckon, as while you might lose out on ~1K ES you'd more than make up for that in evasion chance.

my current chest is low/mid at best and far from top tier but like i said, it's a start ;)
poe is going down fast. Diablo 4 and Baldur's Gate 3 have no performance issues. play them instead
"
spaceace7373 wrote:
"
King_Haart wrote:
Whilst it's pretty top-tier, Trickster gets a lot of extra defense from Evasion and simply not taking hits in the first place, and every 6 points of evasion on Body armor is ALSO 1 ES, so it's really double value to get an EV/ES chest. In theory a top-tier full EV chest (3.5K+ EV) is more viable than a full ES on for this build I reckon, as while you might lose out on ~1K ES you'd more than make up for that in evasion chance.

my current chest is low/mid at best and far from top tier but like i said, it's a start ;)

That's definitely a top-tier chest. Switching to a comparable Sadist Garb would add some defenses, but all in all, you've got a very good armor on your hands. you get -1300 EV but + 100 ES from the base. With all of the nice affixes you have on there, unless you're min-maxing, you're in business. It's probably worth a couple dozen divines. If you don't have a crapload of currency, you probably have a bunch of much cheaper upgrades before this one.
Yep, it's definitely top-tier, just worth a bit more to a full-ES build than an EV/ES like ours. But agreed it will cost a lot to replace with something of equal or higher quality, I just didn't know what the economy in Standard was like - I had assumed it was better than League since there's more stuff there.
I just picked both of these up - thoughts on which is better to run with?

My thinking is that the 10%/10% is better for general purpose, but keep the other one around for no leech and ele reflect maps?
"
King_Haart wrote:

My thinking is that the 10%/10% is better for general purpose, but keep the other one around for no leech and ele reflect maps?

I'd definitely go with the first one. It gives you tankiness and phys mitigation. I ran one like it for the longest time before switching to Mana as ES/Cold damage with Hatred. It really helped. I'd just reroll reflect and no leech maps, it's less trouble than switching the jewel anyway.

EDIT : BTW, did you buy them? If so, how much was the 10/10? Just curious, I have one for sell right now, though I'm in Kalandra.
Last edited by WinterHiko on Oct 7, 2022, 3:15:00 PM
"
WinterHiko wrote:
"
King_Haart wrote:

I'd definitely go with the first one. It gives you tankiness and phys mitigation. I ran one like it for the longest time before switching to Mana as ES/Cold damage with Hatred. It really helped. I'd just reroll reflect and no leech maps, it's less trouble than switching the jewel anyway.

EDIT : BTW, did you buy them? If so, how much was the 10/10? Just curious, I have one for sell right now, though I'm in Kalandra.

I got very lucky with the 10/10, I think the seller must have been quitting league as it was under 1 div. There's a 10/9 on trade now for 2 div though so it's not worth that much.

Based on what you said, I might re-list the other as I could probably get closer to 10 div for it. I have another reflect jewel I can keep around instead that doesn't have ES on hit.

Should I just exalt slam hoping for +ev & + es ?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info