[3.25] Ice Dancing Queen - Icestorm/Cyclone/CI - Viable For Everything

"
aclav wrote:
65 divs... OMFG, how do you people get so much currency ?

Ive been playing for quite a few years, other builds, the scion and finally the trickster and I dont't think I ever had more than 25 divs across all my chars...

I understand I must run red/multimod maps to have a chance to drop a div, but with my current gear it's a no-go... so, how do I make this darned game drop some divs ?

You don't make the game drop some divs, you just play some strategies that you like so you can sell things.
Even with low invest strategies you can print divs, especially this league.
"
aclav wrote:
65 divs... OMFG, how do you people get so much currency ?

Ive been playing for quite a few years, other builds, the scion and finally the trickster and I dont't think I ever had more than 25 divs across all my chars...

I understand I must run red/multimod maps to have a chance to drop a div, but with my current gear it's a no-go... so, how do I make this darned game drop some divs ?

I started this league with the RF build from Pohx and my starting Atlas was made for map drops, Betrayal for the crafts (really important to get those) and Expedition for currency and Rog crafts. The RF char can do Catarina without problems, even with garbage gear. I got two veiled orbs early in the league and with 2-3 divines from selling stuff and Kingsmarch i was off to the races. Made my Trickster and used him to farm more currency.

My second Atlas tree was specced into strongboxes, which allowed me to make most of my currency. My third Atlas is just Shrines and Beyond for gold farming. All Atlas trees have the Searing Exarch altars. Big drop for me came from strongboxes, two Unrequited Love div cards which i sold for 90 divs at the time. Poured 50 divs or a bit more into an Occultist build which i really like and enjoy playing. Used that build to farm even more currency.

Just pick a good league start character that can do T16 maps and whatever content you want to do with garbage gear. Good money makers on league start are Blight, Expedition and Harvest. Oils are always needed, Expedition gives you raw currency and good items to sell from Rog and you can either sell the Harvest juice or use it to craft your own gear.
I'd also recommend the strategy, I still farm Catarina even now, except a lot more passively with the 10 intel node at the top of the tree as my only node.
Just whenever I have three leaders in jail, I do a map with Jun to cash in that intel. Usually have to do one or two more maps, then I can Jun again to have a Catarina available.

EDIT: Also, farming and selling Essences early on can lead to a lot of profit.
Last edited by Jamesborg99 on Sep 23, 2024, 1:09:31 PM
Ah, I think I understand better... I was farming the wrong stuff with the wrong atlas tree...

Thank you all for your explanations
"
Colanth wrote:

I didn't hit mine until the 11th mist, I feel the pain. :P Don't forget you can sell 5 different mirrored ones for 1 fresh unsplit one as well.

Here goes presumly my last try, is max life hurting?
"
milkytwix wrote:
"
Colanth wrote:

I didn't hit mine until the 11th mist, I feel the pain. :P Don't forget you can sell 5 different mirrored ones for 1 fresh unsplit one as well.

Here goes presumly my last try, is max life hurting?

don't forget 20 quality.
and no it doesn.t
Aaaaaand I am out of money:

Look at those values, that would have been soooo good.

But at least my fourth try gave me this:

It's the little things...

Vaal Clarity moves "no regen" and "cannot be leeched from" from "doable, but sometimes cumersone" to "ignore me" - leaves only reflect, will maybe switch permanently to a Watcher's Eye with no reflect instead of mana recoup now...
Last edited by milkytwix on Sep 25, 2024, 3:11:05 AM
"
milkytwix wrote:
Aaaaaand I am out of money:

Look at those values, that would have been soooo good.

But at least my fourth try gave me this:

It's the little things...

Vaal Clarity moves "no regen" and "cannot be leeched from" from "doable, but sometimes cumersone" to "ignore me" - leaves only reflect, will maybe switch permanently to a Watcher's Eye with no reflect instead of mana recoup now...

I set up a live search on the trade site and Nabbed an Ele reflect with Purity/Mana recoup Clarity/and ele pen Zealotry. That + Vaal Clarity makes all map mods cake.
My build:
https://pobb.in/3J-LMOy5gkJ0

1. At a current level, 97 (I'll be 98 today), I already have all the points needed for the passive tree as I've seen here.
On the other hand I saw characters for this build leveled to 100 so where those three points went?

2. Obviously my build is WiP:
- one more level for Awakened Cold Penetration
- maybe Awakened Unbound Ailments Support?

3. Helical Rings are expensive (50 divs) even if they don't have the proper stats for this build (so more divs after buying it to craft it as I want (with luck obviously).
Therefore I must have some elemental resistances on gear for now.

4. One issue I saw it here but it doesn't exist for me is the available mana because I always preferred to pay some extra to have a piece of gear with additional QoL stats or at least without bad or not useful stats.
So, increased mana regeneration or increased maximum mana would help (a little).

5. Gear:
a) flasks (I'm keeping mana flask for now to be able to finish maps with not-so-good stats (you cannot leech or you can regenerate...)
b) helmet: I know, Lich's Circlet, tried to craft it myself, spent hundreds of spite essences, I sold two "results" with dozens of chaos because they have T1 maximum life. It is expensive to buy a good Lich's Circlet that has good stats (extra included) and with an empty suffix.
c) necrotic armor is fine - I've seen somehow better (evasion around 3400) but too expensive for the possible gains, right?
d) I can't find a good mirrored ring (not helical).
e) I need a better amulet with %increased intelligence and increased dmg/int
f) the belt is fine for now
g) the gloves are not bad, I bought one with an empty suffix just in case I need to switch resistances via harvest. Later I'll craft Aspect of the Spider, this is the only slot where I could craft it
h) the boots are ok, maybe I'll divine it for higher increased cooldown recovery
j) I don't understand why an extra passive skill on large cluster jewels aren't recommended (e.g. Disorienting Display gives extra damage in addition to blind enemies)
- brute force solution and fertile mind are properly placed on tree (I saw here that it wasn't the case for some players)
- same for split personality (they are optimally placed)
- my watcher's eye is good
- with extra increased mana reservation from the jewel I was able to cram on my gloves Discipline for some extra energy shield (I've died in Delve with 15k ES...)
- according to this guide I should replace both my rare jewels with Rational Doctrine and Natural Affinity. 25% chance to add 10% more damage via Profane Ground vs e.g. 14% increased cold damage from the respective rare jewel. Natural Affinity means that I don't have to move for at least one second and I'm always moving/frostblinking, especially when bossing

6. Critical Strike Chance
- how can I achieve 100%?

7. What should do next?
I'll be 98 soon so I'll go back to bossing (I have only two voidstones for now)
"
AssassinCG wrote:
Spoiler
My build:
https://pobb.in/3J-LMOy5gkJ0

1. At a current level, 97 (I'll be 98 today), I already have all the points needed for the passive tree as I've seen here.
On the other hand I saw characters for this build leveled to 100 so where those three points went?

2. Obviously my build is WiP:
- one more level for Awakened Cold Penetration
- maybe Awakened Unbound Ailments Support?

3. Helical Rings are expensive (50 divs) even if they don't have the proper stats for this build (so more divs after buying it to craft it as I want (with luck obviously).
Therefore I must have some elemental resistances on gear for now.

4. One issue I saw it here but it doesn't exist for me is the available mana because I always preferred to pay some extra to have a piece of gear with additional QoL stats or at least without bad or not useful stats.
So, increased mana regeneration or increased maximum mana would help (a little).

5. Gear:
a) flasks (I'm keeping mana flask for now to be able to finish maps with not-so-good stats (you cannot leech or you can regenerate...)
b) helmet: I know, Lich's Circlet, tried to craft it myself, spent hundreds of spite essences, I sold two "results" with dozens of chaos because they have T1 maximum life. It is expensive to buy a good Lich's Circlet that has good stats (extra included) and with an empty suffix.
c) necrotic armor is fine - I've seen somehow better (evasion around 3400) but too expensive for the possible gains, right?
d) I can't find a good mirrored ring (not helical).
e) I need a better amulet with %increased intelligence and increased dmg/int
f) the belt is fine for now
g) the gloves are not bad, I bought one with an empty suffix just in case I need to switch resistances via harvest. Later I'll craft Aspect of the Spider, this is the only slot where I could craft it
h) the boots are ok, maybe I'll divine it for higher increased cooldown recovery
j) I don't understand why an extra passive skill on large cluster jewels aren't recommended (e.g. Disorienting Display gives extra damage in addition to blind enemies)
- brute force solution and fertile mind are properly placed on tree (I saw here that it wasn't the case for some players)
- same for split personality (they are optimally placed)
- my watcher's eye is good
- with extra increased mana reservation from the jewel I was able to cram on my gloves Discipline for some extra energy shield (I've died in Delve with 15k ES...)
- according to this guide I should replace both my rare jewels with Rational Doctrine and Natural Affinity. 25% chance to add 10% more damage via Profane Ground vs e.g. 14% increased cold damage from the respective rare jewel. Natural Affinity means that I don't have to move for at least one second and I'm always moving/frostblinking, especially when bossing

6. Critical Strike Chance
- how can I achieve 100%?

7. What should do next?
I'll be 98 soon so I'll go back to bossing (I have only two voidstones for now)

1. Disciple of the Forbidden. Power Charge wheel in top middle of the passive tree

4. I think biggest problem is the 0.61% of physical attack damage leeched by enemy as mana mod on left side ring. I recommend getting damage taken recouped as mana while affected by Clarity mod on watcher's eye. You can also craft 6% as prefix mod on rings.

c) Previous leagues chest armour with 2500-2600 evasion was as much as you could get with best rolls. 15k-16k ES with Discipline. More is helpful as it lets you drop Discipline for Aspect.

e) Crafting %int dmg/15int amulet is very easy. Hard part is finding a way to get all the str and dex you need.

j) On left Cluster taking the extra passive skill shortens the path to second Split Personality. You don't loose that much damage and we are short of passive points anyway. Also I am pretty sure CwC-Icestorm does not proc the blind effect as you are not casting Icestorm yourself.

Natural Affinity is much about getting comfortable with how much you can facetank.

6. Ambush & Assassinate gives you tons of crit while enemy is low life. Aim having 100% when they are low life.

7: I recommend upgrading amulet. It is largest single upgrade, just getting str/dex back is pain. Also Eldritch mods on chest armour could be much better. 1% reduced damage taken per X int from blue and Critical strike multiplier for spells or Increased effect of Auras from red.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info