[3.25] Ice Dancing Queen - Icestorm/Cyclone/CI - Viable For Everything

I still get a lot of the scarabs from the disabled leagues still nice guide ;)
Is it better to use Ambush Scarab twice?

1 One Ambush + One Hidden Compartments + Ambush Map Craft
Count = (1 + 5 + 5) / (1 - 0.31) = 16.0
(0.31 is the chance to reopen)

2 Two Ambush + Ambush Map Craft
Count = (1 + 5 + 5 + 5) / (1 - 0.16) = 19.0

The difference is more if don't use Map Craft (8.7 vs. 13.1)

BTW, the disable node doesn't seem to apply to special drops (like the scarab drop from the boss)
I bought a cluster jewel recently that has blanketed snow + cold to the core but also widespread destruction. is there any reason that this would hurt the build?
"
Heesher wrote:
I bought a cluster jewel recently that has blanketed snow + cold to the core but also widespread destruction. is there any reason that this would hurt the build?

It works.

With the cluster jewel what matters is, where CttC and Blanketed Snow nodes are. And I think they are always on right side and opposite side of the "entrance" no matter what 3rd node is (if there is 3rd node at all).

If you have multiple jewels with same nodes, the nodes are always arranged the same way. If you are uncertain where the nodes are, you can always copy the jewel to PoB and it arranges those nodes correctly when you equip it there.

"
vbvan wrote:

BTW, the disable node doesn't seem to apply to special drops (like the scarab drop from the boss)

Good question. With extra maps you get the T17 map more often. With double Ambush you get more boxes. I don't know what's better in the long run. I use the Cartography one because it guarantees map sustain, plus I farm T17/ubers. But it's entirely possible that the other way could be more profitable. I think both ways are good.
"
Majin111 wrote:
I still get a lot of the scarabs from the disabled leagues still nice guide ;)

I see them as well, but very rarely. As mentioned above, the boss ignores the rules and can drop any scarabs. Plus you might get 'lucky' and get an altar choice for the minions to drop specific scarabs that you've disabled. It's all good though - just vendor them 3:1.
"
Heesher wrote:

Should be Ok. Widespread Destruction gives you a little bit of extra damage at a cost of a suffix. You won't have 2 attr/resist suffixes on that cluster. But that's a high level min-maxing issue.

If you have that cluster - use it in the top-right spot. The top-left one needs to have the long path to the Split Personality to get the most Int out of it.
Last edited by Kelvynn on Apr 15, 2024, 4:08:18 PM
"
Kelvynn wrote:
"
vbvan wrote:

Good question. With extra maps you get the T17 map more often. With double Ambush you get more boxes. I don't know what's better in the long run. I use the Cartography one because it guarantees map sustain, plus I farm T17/ubers. But it's entirely possible that the other way could be more profitable. I think both ways are good.

My suggestion is to replace 'Ambush Scarab of Hidden Compartments' with 'Ambush Scarab' :-).

So 'Ambush Scarab' + 'Ambush Scarab' + 'Ambush Scarab of Discernment' + 'Div / Cart Scarab' seems to give more strong box opens.
"
vbvan wrote:
"
Kelvynn wrote:
"
vbvan wrote:

My suggestion is to replace 'Ambush Scarab of Hidden Compartments' with 'Ambush Scarab' :-).

So 'Ambush Scarab' + 'Ambush Scarab' + 'Ambush Scarab of Discernment' + 'Div / Cart Scarab' seems to give more strong box opens.

No way. That scarab makes a real difference. With just the tree nodes, you sometimes get to re-open some boxes. With the tree nodes + the scarab, that happens a LOT. My record is opening the same box 6 times!!
Here is my math to compute the average opens per strong box (x is the possibility to reopen):

1 * (1 - x) + 2 * x * (1 - x) + 3 * x^2 * (1 - x) + ... = 1 / (1 - x) = 1.45

With both the tree node and the scarab, the possibility to open 6 times is about 0.31^5 * 0.69 = 0.20% and only contributes 0.012 to 1.45.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info