[3.25] Ice Dancing Queen - Icestorm/Cyclone/CI - Viable For Everything

yea, i had a bad time doing it, i tryed usin just lesser method, but the luck was not on my favor. Every time the Eater implicit became t3, it keep backing and foward with the exarch implicit on 50/50.
And every time i had to buy 2-3 conflict as 50c each and fail i felt like a waste of currency once the exarch was not the right mod one.
Then i gone for grand orb method. Thats grant 100% chance to upgrade one of the desired implicits.
It should cost me around 5 div all the process, but i made a mistake. Was not paying attention,exarch was straight from grand to perfect on conflicts, and the eater vanish, then instead of use an eldrith inchor to re-apply the eater, i used an ember an just lost the perfect. So I had to start over again. It was sad. Once you hit 2 grand is just metter of time to have right inplicits! Just coin flip few times
Last edited by whiterockxx on Jan 10, 2023, 5:07:16 AM
Last update I think, not really willing to spend that much more:
https://pobb.in/oZ_ZSWmw6BgM

Around 1,2M Avg Hit flasked if I have configured everything correctly with ~100-110k EHP (and 8.3k ES), seems good. Will probably craft some better prefixes on my amu (costs a bit of divines though). Crafted most stuff myself, just bought some bases. Getting the forbidden jewels is still a toss up, will cost me a defensive watcher's eye. Every upgrade other than that will probably be a div+ for minor gains.

Most annoying things: missing quite a bit of lightning res unbuffed (and a bit of fire res) and I have a lack of like 15dex for which I need another +30 node.

I just noticed there's a lot of lack of suffixes in this build :D

Thanks for the build, will try to clear some uber bosses soon.
Hi all, just seen Kobe's video about heatshiver and TS. In theory it should work with our build too? By checking frozen and 30 stacks of chill in pob i got +200k dps on hit on my standard char. Downside is obviously decreasing our defences. Im writing this as a curiosity.
Last edited by Koscigrob on Jan 13, 2023, 7:07:51 AM
"
Koscigrob wrote:
Hi all, just seen Kobe's video about heatshiver and TS. In theory it should work with our build too? By checking frozen and 30 stacks of chill in pob i got +200k dps on hit on my standard char. Downside is obviously decreasing our defences. Im writing this as a curiosity.

That's weird, on my Kalandra Character, I get -9% DPS. Losing 10% int and 55 flat int on helmet seems a pretty steep loss.

My additionnal concern is that you checked against frozen enemies. It's not reliable DPS, as enemies do not stay frozen for long, and it doesn't apply against bosses. As the mapping staff does not require more dps (it's already good enough at the mid-high end as it is), I'm not sure it's worth it. Against bosses, 30% cold as extra fire is surely less damage than the additionnal intelligence we lose, especially since we have to let go of 1500-2500 ES.

EDIT : I get -9% When I check the "are you frozen box" and I now feel a bit dumb. With the *enemy* frozen, it's +17%.

Still, my comments still apply. The bosses, where we need the extra DPS, are not going to be frozen and we get a DPS loss against them (-9% on 30% chill).
Last edited by WinterHiko on Jan 13, 2023, 8:03:44 AM
More stupid questions, this time about the rings. As they are one of our main Res source I struggle how to craft them. Base is 10 div currently, and I am almost at 20 - will not start before I can have both, to align them ofc. Just fossil craft with attributes and resistances?
"
milkytwix wrote:
More stupid questions, this time about the rings. As they are one of our main Res source I struggle how to craft them. Base is 10 div currently, and I am almost at 20 - will not start before I can have both, to align them ofc. Just fossil craft with attributes and resistances?

i just bought a ton of deafening of spite and kept spamming my belt and rings until i got what i needed for str/dex and resistances. make sure your gloves have good suffixes on them and it should help. i ended up getting a synth amulet too so I spammed that as well (as opposed to %damage per int mod). i switched over to the crit version which has a bit more dps but its mostly the same gear
"
WinterHiko wrote:
"
Koscigrob wrote:

That's weird, on my Kalandra Character, I get -9% DPS. Losing 10% int and 55 flat int on helmet seems a pretty steep loss.

My additionnal concern is that you checked against frozen enemies. It's not reliable DPS, as enemies do not stay frozen for long, and it doesn't apply against bosses. As the mapping staff does not require more dps (it's already good enough at the mid-high end as it is), I'm not sure it's worth it. Against bosses, 30% cold as extra fire is surely less damage than the additionnal intelligence we lose, especially since we have to let go of 1500-2500 ES.

EDIT : I get -9% When I check the "are you frozen box" and I now feel a bit dumb. With the *enemy* frozen, it's +17%.

Still, my comments still apply. The bosses, where we need the extra DPS, are not going to be frozen and we get a DPS loss against them (-9% on 30% chill).

Thank you for your answer. I totally agree with your conclusion.
"
jjmccaw wrote:
"
milkytwix wrote:

i just bought a ton of deafening of spite and kept spamming my belt and rings until i got what i needed for str/dex and resistances. make sure your gloves have good suffixes on them and it should help. i ended up getting a synth amulet too so I spammed that as well (as opposed to %damage per int mod). i switched over to the crit version which has a bit more dps but its mostly the same gear

+1 on the Deafening Essence of Spite. You get the most important stat guaranteed (flat +int) and you spam until you get interesting other mods. For example, you'd need approximately 19 tries to get a specific T3+ resistance. You can then craft another resistance or an attribute you need and your suffixes are completed. If you want a T3 res + T2 ES, for example, you'd need 111 tries.

A good way of crafting would be :

- Buy the synthezised base.
- Scour.
- Quality *while white* with 4 intrinsic catalysts (8C).
- Spam Deafening Spite until you get a T3+ resistance mod, a +40ES mod and a free suffix (111 tries, 2div).
- If the resistance you got is not the one you needed, Harvest craft to convert it to the one you need (I think it's 500 lifeforce? 15C).
- Craft a second resistance, +allres or dex/strength with benchcraft according to your needs (4C per try).
- Exalt slam your last prefix if needed (15C).

The whole operation should cost you 2-3div depending on your luck (excluding the cost of the base) and net you a +40ES, +int, +36res ring with another +28%res or +30 to Dex or Strength.
Full Update for 3.20

Hi guys! I found some time for PoE again and spent it fully updating the guide. The Trickster is so OP that I consider him the main version of the build now, copied over all the other pieces from the Ascendant guide. I expected him to get nerfed this league after the 3.19 rework. But for some reason this class is not even in the top 10 most popular! I guess the streamers are too much into the billion dps glass cannons, and the wonderful new Trickster just flies under the meta radar. This means he's probably not going to get nerfed next league either! xD

In 3.19 it took me exactly 1 month to finish 40 challenges. 3.20 felt less grindy. My play time in December was lower than usual, but I finished everything in 3.5 weeks. This build may not be the best DPS or the best clear speed or the best in any particular single thing. But it's the best overall for doing 40/40 league after league. Change my mind! xD

I updated the PoB with all the new stuff. Read the Notes. Elemental Overload didn't get dropped, it's on the Relic now. I'm fairly sure that Sanctum will get added to the core game immediately, and we can count on saving 3 those skill points.

I also finished my pet project: a full step-by-step gearing guide with a clear path from day 1 to the high end stuff. That's what the 3rd post on this thread was reserved for. Hopefully now we'll see fewer cases of "I've tried this build but I die all the time" or "I have no damage", etc. Just follow the steps and don't neglect the right stats on your gear.

Going to try and catch up on the forum posts too.
Last edited by Kelvynn on Jan 13, 2023, 7:07:02 PM
"
webas wrote:
If someone kills uber eater this league, im interested in video.. im aware of that previous video on league kill but not with this league gear.

Nothing really changed from 3.19, so I didn't feel the need to make a new video for it. It goes the same exact way. You can tank the tentacles if your gear is good, or just Frostblink more often. Hit the Writhing Jar to restart overleech during the ball phase.

Uber Eater can get completely whack if you try him with bad mods. So don't. You can always roll it with some harmless mods that don't give him any extra damage, speed, ES or AoE, or gimp you too much.

The increased quantity is not worth it. It doesn't scale linearly. You don't get a much higher chance of dropping his best items. Just alt/regal 2-3 completely harmess mods for some token iiq and go.
Last edited by Kelvynn on Jan 13, 2023, 6:46:27 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info