Our 3.19 Expansion Timeline

After playing every league since launch on PlayStation until my hiatus, (Synthesis till Ritual - and now) I returned to PoE this league.

It feels like there are maybe 100 active players left in league on console. The attrition rate is remarkable for all the wrong reasons. People who played all day every day for months previous leagues were done by the second week.

I don't have all the answers, but the problem is glaring. This league mechanic felt lazy at best. No balance changes? We usually get pages worth...where have those resources been reassigned? The endgame changes every league until PoE2 don't matter if 98% of players are delivered content which doesn't keep them around until then.
nice
i want to subscribe
"
VonDeepah wrote:
After playing every league since launch on PlayStation until my hiatus, (Synthesis till Ritual - and now) I returned to PoE this league.

It feels like there are maybe 100 active players left in league on console. The attrition rate is remarkable for all the wrong reasons. People who played all day every day for months previous leagues were done by the second week.

I don't have all the answers, but the problem is glaring. This league mechanic felt lazy at best. No balance changes? We usually get pages worth...where have those resources been reassigned? The endgame changes every league until PoE2 don't matter if 98% of players are delivered content which doesn't keep them around until then.

Balance changes was not what had people not stick around, people don't stick around after a few weeks anyway. And with such a lazy league, no wonder why it happened again..

Straight to standard for me, like I would waste time on this league.

Luckily, I am an actual standard player as well, you know, like all RPGs where you actually accumulate things.

So the "no balance" changes was in fact a GOOD thing. For once whatever the heck we did in 3.17 could be FOR ONCE used for longer than 3 measly months.

And please don't call it balance changes, GGG doesn't do balance changes. They do nerfs and meta shifts. That is hardly the same. Then have the audacity to call it a "balance" while they make 90 available builds useless and stick to 15 useful meta builds and next league rotate. In true, GGG fashion...

I sure do hope those resources were pointed into something good, like PoE2. Its about time. And frankly can't care about leagues, all their last leagues have been crap.

For them to state "this one is bigger than Sentinel" really says little.

Only change I liked was the new Atlas revamp again with the new Boss picks etc.

Honestly don't care if they do minimum amount every time around to PoE1... Its time we got PoE2. In case they forgot, their estimate was soon after Q1 of 2021.. Someone needs to tell them its been 1.5 years above their estimated time. How about they focus there and bring us PoE2 already. They want people to stick around? Changing metas is not enough to have people forced into playing different builds. They create a stagnant boring repetitive experience were everyone is playing the same thing and being burned out in a few weeks.

They want people to stick around, they should stop throwing salt in their wounds every league for all their effort to create unique and fun functional working builds every league just so they can see them get nerfed into useless-ness. Especially bad for standard players. (yeah, they exist, and they are very active... so pissing them off every league is not the best idea just for all the "IMA CHASE MY LADDAH BROOOOO" players out there).

Give people interesting things to do. The content for the most part is interesting, but the way you do it is important.... The BUILDS! PoE2 will really save this for a while, adding double the ascendancies into the game. People will stick around for that alone for a while to see what is what. And its a new fresh game.

Meta-rotating around is just for the kids.

Also, its about time they brought back some useful drops instead of this disastrous mess they have currently created, adding encounters like archnem which is totally unfun and the worst idea they had and adds to a completely random unbalanced experience with bursts of uber-enemies, they also dwindled drops. Chaos feel scattered, and I've seen 1 exalt drop all league. Slow clap GGG, slow clap.

They want to make such a random end game experience where you send everything to oblivion and suddenly you get an arch that one shots you? Then get rid of xp loss. Grinding levels to get one shot for random reasons on good builds is braindead and adds little fun to the game. Or, you reaaaaally still want that xp loss? Decrease the random bs arch has done.

Man, like anybody told them there was an issue with their rare enemies.

If it aint broke GGG, don't FIX IT!
What are we even playing at this point? Do we know? Do they know?

Ok, arch simplified some naming's and made the game more modernized, but do it right, and aligned with the og idea of the game. Wth is this now? Pointless.

Our biggest boss encounter is GGG, they are there to nerf everything we come up with and create CHEAP ways to kill us off. That is what it has come to. They can't properly kill our characters off so they just make them useless and/or add random encounters that are stronger than Sirus (literally, I can face tank Sirus but hey, this random rare in the map apparently is so uber that even Sirus is its B....)

Whatever, then people wonder why everyone shuts out and goes into hiatus.

For the most part I am enjoying 3.18. And that because no balance changes. For once I spent a league coming up with a personal creative build that I enjoy that can do end game content, and I finally had the chance to play it for a league instead of just waste my time to come up with it and then new league new balance no time to enjoy it back to the drawing board.

Yeah, we have work too people, can't be sitting on PoE all day long.

So for the most part, still enjoying 3.18 for this reason alone. Drops and reward for playing 3.18 is little, but at least I play the content I want with the build I want. And having a life and a job, I don't get burned out like all the meta-plebs that whine for 2 weeks then disappear.

Feels like GGG is constantly changing the game to please these few, maybe that is their goal, get a boost of players and cash start of each league and then care little about what happens next. In the meantime, all their catering to this group is actually pushing away many players that actually are the type to get creative, figure things out, theory craft and then implement, and play the game like an RPG with continuation, not a race every 3 months to measure sizes, and would for the most part stick around more if it wasn't for so many obnoxious pointless changes from time to time.

They get some things right, ofc, that is why we are still here. But hey, they are from where they should be.

But ultimately, if they don't touch ANYTHING on PoE for half a year, I really don't care. Leave it as it is. Rotate 2 older leagues for 3.19 and 3.20 (preferably scourge which was an awesome league but again in GGG fashion all that is good we don't add to core game, cause of reasons and "too fun", their second annoyance, people having fun with the game and buffing content) and put ALL their resources into PoE2.

No balances, no new skills, no new nothing. Repeat 2 older leagues for the rest of the hear and come 2023 launch PoE2 already. Its abouuuut tiiiiime!
Please give us a pet as challenge reward!
Can't wait!
Pog summer and boats for the league sounds good ;)
The boat is obviously linked to Fairgraves
can't wait
I hope we can vote on the league name:
My 2 cents: "Boaty McBoatface" league
pog

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info