[3.18] [OUTDATED] Anbokr's MAROIDER STR stack Infernal Blow Zerker | 30mil+ DPS | Speedy Screen Pop

This looks interesting.

I have about 9-10 ex to invest in this. Does this seem like a build that can do all content in the game? I have had some pretty squishy chars all season (other than my current skele mages). Is this build pretty tanky after you get some good gear? I know berserker isn't the tankiest, but I'm hoping it's good enough!

Edit: I see most of the items in the "notes" section of POB are pretty high. I know this is min-maxed. Let's say I can't get a redblade banner with a determination corrupt. Should I replace a gem with determination? Like Defiance banner or something?
Last edited by CircAGG on Jun 11, 2022, 3:54:55 PM
Do you think this could be done as a Chieftain for a more tanky/budget take at this build?
This is an awesome build. I've been trying to find a cool way to make IB work well and it seems with the intro to the new boot mod and recombo's, it looks like its not only possible, but also really competitive. Great work!
---
https://twitch.tv/drunkndrivr
Hi i've been testing the build this week and it's pretty awesome, i really didn't belived infernal blow could be usefull in the current state of PoE and it's my first time ever using the zerker, im glad i was wrong, im actually level 91 and only i need the jewel slots outside the lethal pride one to finish the passive tree, same case is my first time doing a stacker build and i have some questions for the details of the build:

-what is the optimal str quantity on the build? i have 1575 str at the moment and im looking to upgrade my lethal pride to go up to 1600's

-how the berserk skill sustains on boss fights? i have some problems managing the rage meter because my warcrys consume 10 rage each time i refresh/exert the skill skill for more attacks but if i stop refrshing the buff it leaves me open to recive some serious damage.

-you say even ice crash can work in this build, what i can swap for the most damage with it? i got a superior IC 21/20 froma sentinel and i am curious about it

-and lastly i have some doubts on some pieces of my gear, this is good? or i need to upgrade something?

Last edited by Orion5452 on Jun 12, 2022, 2:57:38 AM
"
Juxx2013 wrote:
About the gems in the shield,... shouldn't "Urgent Orders" be linked to "Battlemage's Cry"?

Nevermind, you already wrote the answer above.
- It should not. Only the +10% buff effect is used for determination and precision.

You are correct, at some point before I quit the league I was playing around with some alternative gem setups and recolored my shield. Looks like I forgot to recolor it back properly.

But yes, urgent orders should be linked to battlemage's cry for the buff effect. Thanks for pointing this out, it looks like I forgot to mention it in the gems section as well, completely.

"
MasterWilhelm wrote:
Why Way of the Warrior and not Dismembering or Heart/Throatseeker? It's only 2% health and 6% dps vs 10% (plus chance to maim) for dismembering or 8% for either seeker.

edit: i guess the health and little armor offsets the tiny bit of extra damage from the seekers--especially in a build that hits this hard--but still curious about dismembering.

All three are solid nodes, as you said, I just wanted the added utility of Way of the Warrior. +30 strength is a nice portion of life and damage, and flat life + armour is great too.

"
Orion5452 wrote:
Hi i've been testing the build this week and it's pretty awesome, i really didn't belived infernal blow could be usefull in the current state of PoE and it's my first time ever using the zerker, im glad i was wrong, im actually level 91 and only i need the jewel slots outside the lethal pride one to finish the passive tree, same case is my first time doing a stacker build and i have some questions for the details of the build:

-what is the optimal str quantity on the build? i have 1575 str at the moment and im looking to upgrade my lethal pride to go up to 1600's

-how the berserk skill sustains on boss fights? i have some problems managing the rage meter because my warcrys consume 10 rage each time i refresh/exert the skill skill for more attacks but if i stop refrshing the buff it leaves me open to recive some serious damage.

-you say even ice crash can work in this build, what i can swap for the most damage with it? i got a superior IC 21/20 froma sentinel and i am curious about it

-and lastly i have some doubts on some pieces of my gear, this is good? or i need to upgrade something?

-There's really no "optimal level", pretty much as high as you can get it within the scope of your gear. I'd say you want at least 1500, which you surpass.

-You can't truly sustain Berserk on boss fights you just have to manage it carefully. You can simply sit on near max rage and save berserk for dicey moments or big dps windows, or you can pop Berserk when available and time your DPS windows around it (i.e. kite and dodge when outside of Berserk).

-I haven't tested anything other than IB, but theoretically it should work fine. You'll just want to swap out melee splash for something like Pulverize or Awakened Increased Area of Effect + Conc effect (on bosses). As I said, I prefer IB though.

-Your gear looks solid, two big upgrades would be a synthesized strength ring if you can make resists work, and a maven-elevated helm.

"
Do you think this could be done as a Chieftain for a more tanky/budget take at this build?

I'm always a bit hesitant to answer these types of questions, because I don't like to give answers with respect to things I haven't tested. Gotta feel things out in PoE. Could it work as a chieftain? Theoretically yes probably, but I think you just lose a ton of damage for not much survivability gain.

Berserker survivability is quite good with Berserk popped, and you're losing a metric ton of DPS, and the added utility that War Bringer and QoL element of having a ton of attack speed as a Zerker.

If you go Chieftain, you will need Undeniable or Blitz forbidden flesh/flame jewels imo which defeats the purpose of going Chieftain for budget. But I don't think the build would feel good to play without the attack speed from Zerker or making up that attack speed loss with forbidden flesh/flame.

"
ekko_eS wrote:
Any advice on how to craft the helmet nodes? 5.5ex for the critical chance per strength..

The most straightforward way is buying a warlord helm with the Battlemage's cry effect enchant or a base helm w/ the enchant and slamming it with a warlord exalted orb. Harvest roll the helm with reforge attacks until you have the accuracy mod + 1 other influence mod. Orb of Dominance it and pray it elevates the accuracy mod.

At this point you'll have a helmet with the elevated accuracy mod. You can utilize Harvest to improve the helm if you use Craft of Exile to double check some of the combos you can do. But you utilize keep suffixes, reforge prefixes to try to roll some good prefixes or you can just craft life and potentially aug crit with an open suffix (for crit multi) and call it a day. Or clean prefixes and multimod if you have an open suffix.
Last edited by Anbokr on Jun 13, 2022, 12:42:45 PM
im also building a infernal blow character right now. How do you maintain your single target dps? mine lacks a lot. also, isn't it better to use awaken ancestral call instead of melee splash due to how infernal blow works?
"
jacobwzhrere wrote:
im also building a infernal blow character right now. How do you maintain your single target dps? mine lacks a lot. also, isn't it better to use awaken ancestral call instead of melee splash due to how infernal blow works?

Na, I've tested both. Ancestral Call isn't worth the slot because you can get it from a variety of sources -- notably gloves and tree. Melee splash you can't. Melee splash explosions shotgun, melee splash improves clear on top of the IB explosion, and melee splash can apply the infernal blow debuff to enemies, leading to more chaining with anomalous infernal blow. It has great synergy with the skill and notably improves the clear. You can swap it out for Ruthless on pinnacle bosses.

In terms of how to scale single target dps, that's a very broad question. For this build in particular, we do so by strength stacking and the interaction between strength, battlemage's cry, and iron will. This is the most significant contribution to our damage.
Last edited by Anbokr on Jun 15, 2022, 5:19:58 PM
Hi quick question, do you run Inspiration support just for the Anomalous crit buff? Cause with both rings -6 mana cost to spells the cost of Infernal Blow is 0, so im not sure how how I can get Inspiration charges. Thanks!
How do you deal with mana Usage, I'm only lvl 41 atm, just trying to get to maps quick. Not sure of the early game build.
By the way, anyone has a decent maroider kit showcase? I'm using at moment maroider + golden character effect and vanishing dye on helmet, boots and gloves, maybe I will put some wings too

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info