3.17.2 Patch Notes Preview

"
Nice, the frag stash change is very useful. Chaos orb on the other hand is ruined.

"
Further improved level generation of Blighted Maps so that they fail to open less often.

Lol. GGG admits defeat.

"
Trial of Ascendancy Portals now detail what kind of Offering they contain when you encounter them in Maps.

Wait, so trials offer other kinds of offerings too ?

Atlas passive tree has an option that trials can contain the advanced versions of offering of the goddess. Don't remember how we got them before? (Hravest?)
Yea that's nice and all, but

"
JoeShmo wrote:
League mechanic once again abandoned after first week.

I'm a veteran player and what makes me come back to the game is new stuff, whacky builds, new skills and new loot. Archnem recipes reward generic loot that i can get through other, less complicated means so there is literally no point for me to run it. The mods are more annoying/rippy than fun/challenging so the way to deal with it is either burst it down or suffer. Invulnerable, convocationalist, regenerating, trickster combo btw, and for what?

Secondly. The nerf to eldritch chaos orbs pisses me off. I have 24 challenges done and i have dropped only 2. I have 5 ex dropped in comparison. So not only are they too rare for the average player to enjoy, you now also nerf them on top.

Thirdly. The endgame is once again harder. After boss buffs, rare hp buffs through mechanics like archnem and what not, you now also add a whole bunch of map mods that are absolutely fucked up to run if you dont push your build or reroll. I have no-life, whale friends who are way better than me now making special boss killer builds cause otherwise they cant. Mobs have half their health as ES? Welcome to invulnerability phase bosses that regen that shield 3 times so now its a 150% hp buff on only 1 out of potentially 8 map mods. Where's my 150% damage buff? Better nerf gems some more eh? Ignite too strong compared to other damage sources? Nerf that some more. No exposure is another of these new mods. First you nerf and nerf exposure, then you just make the map mod. But hey, omniscience exists so it's not an issue right? Right?

Anyway, what i'm saying is: GGG you gate this game more and more for the nolifers and traders all in the name of player retention, while abandoning the rest of your playerbase.

BS. Bad, unfun and generic metamorph 2.0 league mechanic. Endgame rework being annoying (not challenging, just annoying, build disableing) map mods, eldritch mobs (reskinned scourge swarmers basically) and 4 boss fights that are now not optional but mandatory to even progress your atlas. Wonky ''for fun'' builds now officially bad builds. Cant believe we had to wait 2 extra months for this.

Sorry about the rant, but i always liked this game and i wanna keep liking it, but with this direction i cant. Not really.
"
Bows in Standard with one-handed local Added Fire, Cold, Lightning and Chaos Damage weapon prefix modifiers can now have a Divine Orb used on them to obtain the two-handed modifier values introduced in 3.17.0.

thanks for caring
Very cool mirror Service: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3227915
"
DistantBliss wrote:
Yea that's nice and all, but

"
JoeShmo wrote:
League mechanic once again abandoned after first week.

I'm a veteran player and what makes me come back to the game is new stuff, whacky builds, new skills and new loot. Archnem recipes reward generic loot that i can get through other, less complicated means so there is literally no point for me to run it. The mods are more annoying/rippy than fun/challenging so the way to deal with it is either burst it down or suffer. Invulnerable, convocationalist, regenerating, trickster combo btw, and for what?

Secondly. The nerf to eldritch chaos orbs pisses me off. I have 24 challenges done and i have dropped only 2. I have 5 ex dropped in comparison. So not only are they too rare for the average player to enjoy, you now also nerf them on top.

Thirdly. The endgame is once again harder. After boss buffs, rare hp buffs through mechanics like archnem and what not, you now also add a whole bunch of map mods that are absolutely fucked up to run if you dont push your build or reroll. I have no-life, whale friends who are way better than me now making special boss killer builds cause otherwise they cant. Mobs have half their health as ES? Welcome to invulnerability phase bosses that regen that shield 3 times so now its a 150% hp buff on only 1 out of potentially 8 map mods. Where's my 150% damage buff? Better nerf gems some more eh? Ignite too strong compared to other damage sources? Nerf that some more. No exposure is another of these new mods. First you nerf and nerf exposure, then you just make the map mod. But hey, omniscience exists so it's not an issue right? Right?

Anyway, what i'm saying is: GGG you gate this game more and more for the nolifers and traders all in the name of player retention, while abandoning the rest of your playerbase.

BS. Bad, unfun and generic metamorph 2.0 league mechanic. Endgame rework being annoying (not challenging, just annoying, build disableing) map mods, eldritch mobs (reskinned scourge swarmers basically) and 4 boss fights that are now not optional but mandatory to even progress your atlas. Wonky ''for fun'' builds now officially bad builds. Cant believe we had to wait 2 extra months for this.

Sorry about the rant, but i always liked this game and i wanna keep liking it, but with this direction i cant. Not really.

yea... I feel the same.
Any player can design a build that works,
but it takes a casual player to design a build that barely works.
Good job you broke my filters.
"
SneakySanta wrote:
"
AgarthaDSO wrote:
"
So you just forgot about the Archnemesis UI and you say improvements but it is actually just bug fixes or untested mechanics.

Very disappointing that you just don't really care for the current content anymore because in previous leagues like synthesis, harvest, delirium etc. you actually did improvements to the league mechanics.

+1 one of the best comments so far, so sad i cant play the league because it makes me miserable and my frickin' OCD is unsatisfied and angry with me trying my best to manage my archnemesis inventory.

+2. Nothing said about the failed multythreading and the massive stuttering ppl get and cpu lag spikes.

Hey at least we got more MTX-es to buy.

FIX this!

I have to choose between single digits fps in single threading and constant stuttering n multi
Also, patch killed neversink filter
Last edited by snowmittens on Mar 3, 2022, 4:12:45 AM
"
SneakySanta wrote:

+2. Nothing said about the failed multythreading and the massive stuttering ppl get and cpu lag spikes.

Hey at least we got more MTX-es to buy.

Yeah, let's assign the people working MTX to fix multithreading problems.

I wonder how that will go :D
nice but uhh the client will nto update its @ 0.00% 0% speed and does nothing no data received. i tried chck sum and repairing frm the installer and did not help but the steam one works updated right there and i wud like to play on the client so much smooth and less resource required. ty
Last edited by Stympt on Mar 3, 2022, 2:40:11 AM
-
Last edited by 1451815 on Jan 6, 2023, 7:17:26 PM
Not bad was reeeaaaally hoping for a bit more arch inventory space I'm saving for some of the challenge recipes (most of them complete but each one is a multipart) so it's really difficult to even do basic ones on the side. Eg right now I have one of all but two of the 'touched by' recipes a few T2 and 1 or 2 of SOME of the basics. I need sentinel and some of the basic parts to do anything like an efficient combo but my stash us full

Right now I'm just doing random parts I find in maps as I can't justify deleting the parts I know I'm going to need down the line.

It was one of the first things mentioned and while filtering is nice (btw in the filter would be nice to show the result of the end recipe as well as the parts) was the lack of space. If it takes multiple maps to farm specific parts don't make the player not play the mechanic for 1/2 the time.

That was a bit more than was going to write I guess it was winding me up more than I thought sry for the rant. Pls more space like even an extra row preferably 2

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info