Trading market

I also have a couple of questions about the trading market on the console version.
1 Are there any plans to improve it?
2. Is it possible to replace it with the same or approximately the same as on the PC.
Just using it is extremely difficult, long and exhausting. Once I read a post that with such a market you slowed down the game a little and do not want to speed it up, but I, like many other players, have a different opinion, this is one of the stones of this game. I'm not saying that the game is bad, I love it, and especially on the xbox, however, the shopping market makes me play on the PC.
3. Cross-platforming xbox and ps is possible or not, since when these platforms merge, the total number of players will increase, as the trade "comes to life"
Last bumped on Jun 27, 2022, 1:25:21 PM
Console Trade is HORRIBLE!

Really enjoying this game, playing with my wife on Xbox. Would love Cross-Progression. So I could work on another toon (PC) in my free time when we are not playing together without having to buy everything twice ( and controller support). My Son Plays on PC, but i just can't get my wife to go back to PC, (she used too play PC for Wow, Diablo/s, POE When it first came out, Now she isn't interested in sitting at a PC anymore)

And the PC version of trade is 10-Gabillion times better Xbox as well as community. It's just Horrible on console, I hope something changes soon, and if not soon, atleast a whole new make over and Cross-Progression/Platform with POE2.

Console needs the PC community to give it life because the formats and layout is in desperate need of love.

If it did Have controller support ( not third party) like they just took the console controller script and made it work ( Like D2R), I would literally go buy some gaming PC's just dedicated to POE and convert her.

I think they will start improving console soon. With the pandemic and the economy slowing people are not going to keep spending $3500+ on a new gaming computer when the Xbox is only $250.

The pendulum has swung too far and gaming things getting too expensive. $1000 just to buy a decent video card.

Couple more years maybe console even be bigger than PC market.
Nope don’t want the PC trade.

Xbox is probably about 1% of the players of PC, which makes manipulating the market so much easier. Console has asked for a few things which would help - buyouts, ability to see players, hide players, etc. those few things would greatly help curtail the abusers. There are literally dozens of threads with ideas and suggestions and I don’t recall ever seeing a resopnse from GGG.

Combing PS and Xbox would help increase our console market - but, please, no PC unless they cleanup that cesspool.
Last edited by JoeUtopia on Mar 15, 2022, 10:13:30 PM
Please improve the trade system.
Searching specific items is next to impossible unless u search trough 500+ pages with all bases. This can take up to 1 hour and sometimes u dont even find what u were looking for.
Some people leave their xbox on 24/7 so u might wait for an offer to be accepted but the other person might be asleep. Just kick people from the game if they are afk for more like 30 minutes.
I could give alot more fedback but i feel like this will get ignored anyways.
If you want to hear more feedback about trade feel free to message me
My Suggestions for improving trade:

* Show names on listings (with guild tag, just like chat)

* Allow blocking of sellers/listers on trade board.

* Show listed age (like PC trade site, e.g. "listed 7 days ago")

* Auto-accept exact-match trades (as an option by seller)

EDIT to add:

* Add a sound (like whisper sound) when you receive a trade offer

* Either add the ability to check on offers from outside hideout/town, or add a notice for the removal of an offer. Burning portals to accept an offer, only to find out it was withdrawn can be really annoying

* Add support for unit pricing on "bulk" items (like Essences, Scarabs, Currency, etc), with the ability to offer to buy less than the whole stack

Also, if the person or people who make decisions about whether/how to change trade on console could please play the game on console for at least a week, and interact with trade significantly during that time, I think you'd see that some changes are necessary.
Last edited by QQPQ on Mar 18, 2022, 8:20:12 PM
Remove offline searched items from showing up in the tradeboard, if the seller hasn't logged into the game after a week or so.
I personally after having played both PC and Console this season. Feel like GGG doesn't even care about the console version. Reading through the forums, and chatting with people in game people having been asking for market changes and heck even mouse and keyboard support for ages.

Someone mentioned cross progression, that will never happen because of the micro-transactions. The only way they'd consider it is if they had some way to "turn off" your stash tabs or cosmetics you have bought on one and not the other. Not only that, because of the extreme over pricing on console for simple stuff people would just hop on pc buy a lot of those items for next to nothing then hop on console sell them for exalts.

Finding some way to merge the markets would be great, but again not sure how thatd work. If pc trading is a cesspool, as one person stated then im not sure what you'd call the console market which is absolute trash in comparison the whole thing needs to be redesigned from the ground up.

There have been some great suggestions, but zero communication from GGG on whether or not they are even considering it. PC is getting controller support. I feel like they are using that to get people who only play PoE on console for the controller to move on over to PC. For the price you pay for a ps5 or xbox series x you could get a pc that could easily run PoE. It doesn't cost $3000 to buy a computer that can handle PoE. It doesn't cost that to run most games in fact. For example, my laptop died right before league start which is the only reason i tried console, but i learned about Nvidia Now and i stream the pc version to a 150 dollar chromebook just fine, with the exception of occasional lag if my network is a bit crowded.

Sorry for the long post. I love this game, probably one of my favorites for sure. I want it to succeed on which ever platform its on, but i just feel like console is struggling and is in desperate need of some attention from the developers.
"
X Cholik X wrote:
I personally after having played both PC and Console this season. Feel like GGG doesn't even care about the console version. Reading through the forums, and chatting with people in game people having been asking for market changes and heck even mouse and keyboard support for ages.

Someone mentioned cross progression, that will never happen because of the micro-transactions. The only way they'd consider it is if they had some way to "turn off" your stash tabs or cosmetics you have bought on one and not the other. Not only that, because of the extreme over pricing on console for simple stuff people would just hop on pc buy a lot of those items for next to nothing then hop on console sell them for exalts.

Finding some way to merge the markets would be great, but again not sure how thatd work. If pc trading is a cesspool, as one person stated then im not sure what you'd call the console market which is absolute trash in comparison the whole thing needs to be redesigned from the ground up.

There have been some great suggestions, but zero communication from GGG on whether or not they are even considering it. PC is getting controller support. I feel like they are using that to get people who only play PoE on console for the controller to move on over to PC. For the price you pay for a ps5 or xbox series x you could get a pc that could easily run PoE. It doesn't cost $3000 to buy a computer that can handle PoE. It doesn't cost that to run most games in fact. For example, my laptop died right before league start which is the only reason i tried console, but i learned about Nvidia Now and i stream the pc version to a 150 dollar chromebook just fine, with the exception of occasional lag if my network is a bit crowded.

Sorry for the long post. I love this game, probably one of my favorites for sure. I want it to succeed on which ever platform its on, but i just feel like console is struggling and is in desperate need of some attention from the developers.

Yes, PC is a cesspool - but not saying console is much better. But I absolutely do not want a trade function that requires me to use a PC - I play on console because I don’t want to use my PC. It isn’t about not having - have a very top end system, but don’t want to sit at my desk to play. I do that all day for work.

The number of suggestions are out there as QQ has relisted several of the top ones. To my knowledge, GGG has never responded with even a “we hear you”.

I also wonder If the push will be for console players to move to PC. It’s ok I guess, I just know I probably won’t go that route. Since there will never be a way to move our accounts and purchases - at least that is what I believe.

Console needs love and care, and we don’t really get either. Have you read the suggestions from PC for game pad improvements? I bet PC will get things we have asked for ………
"
JoeUtopia wrote:
"
X Cholik X wrote:

Yes, PC is a cesspool - but not saying console is much better. But I absolutely do not want a trade function that requires me to use a PC - I play on console because I don’t want to use my PC. It isn’t about not having - have a very top end system, but don’t want to sit at my desk to play. I do that all day for work.

The number of suggestions are out there as QQ has relisted several of the top ones. To my knowledge, GGG has never responded with even a “we hear you”.

I also wonder If the push will be for console players to move to PC. It’s ok I guess, I just know I probably won’t go that route. Since there will never be a way to move our accounts and purchases - at least that is what I believe.

Console needs love and care, and we don’t really get either. Have you read the suggestions from PC for game pad improvements? I bet PC will get things we have asked for ………

Id welcome the use of a trade website over this market honestly. I am not sure about playstation, but the xbox has Edge. Just click the "whisper" button which copies it automatically then switch back to the game and press a designated hot key in the chat box or better yet. Id honestly be happy if they gave us even a fraction of the filter options that pc has.

If they really do want to push for console players to move to pc. They will probably allow a one time transfer, one way. i swear i think they did something similar when it first came to console could be wrong though and im thinking of another game.

i still do believe this is a push to get controller players that only play console to consider a move. It's either that or they are testing the water to make sure controller players and m&k players can properly function together and lead to an eventual cross play option but that'll never happen lol

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info