3.23 EXPLOSIVE ARROW BALLISTA ELEMENTALIST - League-Start to End-Game. Easy mode.

"
Vacoh wrote:
Yes that one, which stat would that be in POB?
So far I just assumed it to be 0... or rather 1 so I calculated my fuses with the product of Attackrate, Totemnumber and Hitchance. But I want to calculate it correctly now.
How to lower that anyways?

In game, it's called "increased Skill Effect Duration" and it comes from Malevolence and the Damage Over Time Mastery node you have. In PoB it's in Calcs, with Explosive Arrow selected it's in the "Skill type-specific Stats:" window called "Duration Mod:" and it should be around 1.22 to 1.5 depending on your gear.
Thanks you two. Apparently I can sustain 5 more fuses than I thought. Nice!
OT question about the league mechanic.

The sacred wisp mechanic, i.e. your torch battery in the wisp wood: Is it capped?

What I'm really asking whether is whether its best to leave collecting white recharge wisps as late as possible, and space them out, or if its OK, say, to collect a cluster of three white wisps right at the beginning.

L99 and still don't understand the mechanic...
Current Build: Level 100 Elementalist EA Totem
https://pobb.in/MKAloyhqUAOA
- Bossing
- Mapping
"
Wilson_Chan wrote:
OT question about the league mechanic.

The sacred wisp mechanic, i.e. your torch battery in the wisp wood: Is it capped?

What I'm really asking whether is whether its best to leave collecting white recharge wisps as late as possible, and space them out, or if its OK, say, to collect a cluster of three white wisps right at the beginning.

L99 and still don't understand the mechanic...

Think of the wisps as a bunch of tiny torches that you're constantly leaving behind to reveal the darkened areas. Running out of the wisps is what makes the exit portal appear. You could afk at the start and never get the exit portal. You could double back on a path you've already revealed and not trigger the exit portal. Just collect the recharge wisps whenever you see them so you don't have to waste time backtracking.
Hello, guys!

This is pretty much my first real season and I think I've been doing ok 'till now but I feel like I started dying a little to much, I am currently doing T15/T16 maps to complete all of them and also the quets (maven, eater of worlds and searing exarch) and I am not having any trouble with damage, but my survivability feels like shit and I am not sure how I can improve it...

I know this build is not supose to be tanky and it can pretty much be a skills issue due to me being kinda new, but still it would be great if someone could look at it and point if I am doing any major mistake.

https://pobb.in/rJRR6CeRL9qS

heres my pobb.

Thanks in advance for ur help :D
"
guilz1 wrote:
Hello, guys!

This is pretty much my first real season and I think I've been doing ok 'till now but I feel like I started dying a little to much, I am currently doing T15/T16 maps to complete all of them and also the quets (maven, eater of worlds and searing exarch) and I am not having any trouble with damage, but my survivability feels like shit and I am not sure how I can improve it...

I know this build is not supose to be tanky and it can pretty much be a skills issue due to me being kinda new, but still it would be great if someone could look at it and point if I am doing any major mistake.

heres my pobb.

Just a quick update, I changed the 40% damage potion to a 1500 armour potion and it already felt a little more confortable to play..
"
guilz1 wrote:
"
guilz1 wrote:
Hello, guys!

heres my pobb.

Just a quick update, I changed the 40% damage potion to a 1500 armour potion and it already felt a little more confortable to play..

Hey. Indeed there's nothing to worry about damage wise against regular content.

So from a survivability point of view, right now your physical max hit is very low, and so is your chaos max hit.

I notice you're using purity of elements, you may want to swap that out in favor of determination, especially considering -from what i hear a lot- there's lots of physical and crits in the league.
You'd lose the ailment immunity, so you'd probably want to get a freeze removal/immunity on a pot (so you don't die from opening a chest or something).

On top of that, and regarding items, lots of people mention the defiance of destiny amulet (anointed with watchtowers of course).
With max value on the special explicit (life gain on hit) and catalysts (life) on it, you can get 42% of missing unreserved life before being hit.
You'd lose dps, but it shouldnt be annoying for mapping, and it should increase your survivability by a lot as long as you don't get oneshot (now don't be scared to see your hp go up and down)
We can start compensating for the dps loss by unallocating something (like utmost swiftness which you don't need atm*, for dirty techniques that you are currently going for.
Also, since you're on 4 evasion items : unallocate magebane and allocate evasion masteryt for +15 suppr, it will grant more suppression and a bit more evade

With these changes, your dps against regular content (up to pinnacle bosses) will be almost the same, you'll tank more physical and should die a lot less more thanks to the amulet (the amulet will also fix your res loss from removing PoE aura). Downside : you won't have ailment immunity anymore

Now there's the chaos resistance which is at -22 (you'd want at least 0+ there), i suppose you could upgrade your ring, even both rings if you get covered in ash on a charm.
You're looking for chaos res, accuracy, life...
Polaric could be replaced with taming also so you can upgrade some other items without worrying about lightning resistance.

Edit : some people have recently mentioned the death rush ring which is basically chaos res implicit, a better hired killer (up to 5% life recovery on kill) and adrenaline. You could also try to swap out your second ring for that one for mapping. That ring + defiance of destiny sounds like you'll never die again from stupid monsters.

etc etc

Edit2 : also get the ignite prolif implicit on gloves, it's kinda mandatory for mapping.

EAb crafts info : https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-post/25179328
Last edited by Headtourist on Feb 3, 2024, 7:07:23 AM
"
Headtourist wrote:
"
guilz1 wrote:
"
guilz1 wrote:
Hello, guys!

heres my pobb.

Hey. Indeed there's nothing to worry about damage wise against regular content.

So from a survivability point of view, right now your physical max hit is very low, and so is your chaos max hit.

I notice you're using purity of elements, you may want to swap that out in favor of determination, especially considering -from what i hear a lot- there's lots of physical and crits in the league.
You'd lose the ailment immunity, so you'd probably want to get a freeze removal/immunity on a pot (so you don't die from opening a chest or something).

On top of that, and regarding items, lots of people mention the defiance of destiny amulet (anointed with watchtowers of course).
With max value on the special explicit (life gain on hit) and catalysts (life) on it, you can get 42% of missing unreserved life before being hit.
You'd lose dps, but it shouldnt be annoying for mapping, and it should increase your survivability by a lot as long as you don't get oneshot (now don't be scared to see your hp go up and down)
We can start compensating for the dps loss by unallocating something (like utmost swiftness which you don't need atm*, for dirty techniques that you are currently going for.
Also, since you're on 4 evasion items : unallocate magebane and allocate evasion masteryt for +15 suppr, it will grant more suppression and a bit more evade

With these changes, your dps against regular content (up to pinnacle bosses) will be almost the same, you'll tank more physical and should die a lot less more thanks to the amulet (the amulet will also fix your res loss from removing PoE aura). Downside : you won't have ailment immunity anymore

Now there's the chaos resistance which is at -22 (you'd want at least 0+ there), i suppose you could upgrade your ring, even both rings if you get covered in ash on a charm.
You're looking for chaos res, accuracy, life...
Polaric could be replaced with taming also so you can upgrade some other items without worrying about lightning resistance.

Edit : some people have recently mentioned the death rush ring which is basically chaos res implicit, a better hired killer (up to 5% life recovery on kill) and adrenaline. You could also try to swap out your second ring for that one for mapping. That ring + defiance of destiny sounds like you'll never die again from stupid monsters.

etc etc

Edit2 : also get the ignite prolif implicit on gloves, it's kinda mandatory for mapping.

Thank you for taking time to help, Headtourist. :D

Unfortunately I am kinda out of budget atm (I am not good at making money yet tbh xD ) so I cannot affort the defiance of destiny with 42%, is it still woryh getting one with 30ish %?

Also probably I wont be able to buy both the amulet and gloves with ignite prolif implict rn, so I think I should go for the amulet first?

I probably shoulnd go for death rush because I'd lose a lot of accuracy, my ring rn has a lot of it and still I am not at 100%, so probably I should try to get the charm and improve my left side ring first.
"
guilz1 wrote:
Thank you for taking time to help, Headtourist. :D

Unfortunately I am kinda out of budget atm (I am not good at making money yet tbh xD ) so I cannot affort the defiance of destiny with 42%, is it still woryh getting one with 30ish %?

Also probably I wont be able to buy both the amulet and gloves with ignite prolif implict rn, so I think I should go for the amulet first?

I probably shoulnd go for death rush because I'd lose a lot of accuracy, my ring rn has a lot of it and still I am not at 100%, so probably I should try to get the charm and improve my left side ring first.

The glove implicit doesnt "come with the gloves", you basically slam eldritch currency until you get it. It's an exarch implicit, even low tier/cheap exarch currency will work (only the radius changes). So it shouldn't be expensive.

The defiance of destiny rolls from 25% to 35%, so a 30ish roll is quite alright. I only mentioned that it could get up to 42% (max roll + 20% life qual)

DW about death rush, i was only giving survivability tips. Determination and defiance of destiny will already help A LOT.
EAb crafts info : https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-post/25179328
@guilz1 You might also use the "Wellspring of Creation" atlas node to trade a little speed for survivability. At a high DPS you don't really notice the difference apart from a few more seconds for tough rares to go down.
Current Build: Level 100 Elementalist EA Totem
https://pobb.in/MKAloyhqUAOA
- Bossing
- Mapping

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info