3.23 EXPLOSIVE ARROW BALLISTA ELEMENTALIST - League-Start to End-Game. Easy mode.

Doing some totally un-scientific experiments into adding auras.

You can free up enough reserved mana for an extra 25% reservation over the "standard" set using charms, without deviating from the tree. Probably a lot more given some effort.

I've tried Arctic Armour, Aspect of the Spider and Flesh and Stone (Sand Stance) so far.

Of the three Flesh and Stone seems to give the smoothest ride. By no means un-killable, but more tanky.

POB
https://pobb.in/LOBb1trV0RxX
Current Build: Level 100 Elementalist EA Totem
https://pobb.in/MKAloyhqUAOA
- Bossing
- Mapping
you do also have 57 increased reservation of determination on your amulet
"
GrandPapaJohn wrote:
Could I get some help on where to go from here, beyond replacing my amethyst ring, which is pretty mediocre and fixing sockets so I dont have the dead purity of elements in there, im not sure on what steps to take especially to get close to some of the massive numbers others are posting as it feels like most of the things i could do would be fairly marginal

https://pobb.in/RmhO1o4UrU1K

Let's say total dot dps right now is 12M v/ ubers.

Now 21/20 your EA gem setup (5/20 aw gems), replace empower with awakened elem damage and deadly ailments with aw version

You're now at 15.8 M total dot dps.

Looks like a +30% upgrade just with skill gems.

---

Then lethal pride 12824 (yeah i'm annoying with it, but everyone allocates about the same things there so everytime the jewel finder tool from pob will show it to be bis for dps) instead of yours is another million more vs ubers.

---

From there, let's say you win the lottery and get a 2 malevolence mods watcher's eye. Remove the 3 ash, frost and storm nodes, open a jewel slot with these 3 points, and voilà +1M net dot dps.
Ok that one may not be the best value for money.

Still you can do (a bit) better with these 3 points just by reallocating there elsewhere.

Won't do a whole list, but that's just to give you an idea. A million here, a million there, you can still do some things imho :)

Edit : your numbers are already quite massive mate.
EAb crafts info : https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-post/25179328
Last edited by Headtourist on Jan 8, 2024, 5:38:08 PM
"
Headtourist wrote:
"
GrandPapaJohn wrote:
Could I get some help on where to go from here, beyond replacing my amethyst ring, which is pretty mediocre and fixing sockets so I dont have the dead purity of elements in there, im not sure on what steps to take especially to get close to some of the massive numbers others are posting as it feels like most of the things i could do would be fairly marginal

https://pobb.in/RmhO1o4UrU1K

Let's say total dot dps right now is 12M v/ ubers.

Now 21/20 your EA gem setup (5/20 aw gems), replace empower with awakened elem damage and deadly ailments with aw version

You're now at 15.8 M total dot dps.

Looks like a +30% upgrade just with skill gems.

---

Then lethal pride 12824 (yeah i'm annoying with it, but everyone allocates about the same things there so everytime the jewel finder tool from pob will show it to be bis for dps) instead of yours is another million more vs ubers.

---

From there, let's say you win the lottery and get a 2 malevolence mods watcher's eye. Remove the 3 ash, frost and storm nodes, open a jewel slot with these 3 points, and voilà +1M net dot dps.
Ok that one may not be the best value for money.

Still you can do (a bit) better with these 3 points just by reallocating there elsewhere.

Won't do a whole list, but that's just to give you an idea. A million here, a million there, you can still do some things imho :)

Edit : your numbers are already quite massive mate.

Thank you, I was feeling pretty lost this helps a ton
"
SoulmanV2 wrote:
Could i get a review out of this? Honestly it is my first time ever making it this far with a build and with the game in general, always fell when trying to reach the pinnacle bosses and i dunno if i am ready for the uber ones.

https://pobb.in/Afqq_6LdJg5d

I would start with trying uber cortex to see how it feels. Unless he gets nasty modifiers, you should be fine imho.

(before going in against an uber, remove that rain of splinters - and put something that doesnt reduce your output instead, but i guess you're quite aware of that..

Interesting take on the shaper of flames, i didn't know about that :o
Nice build !

EAb crafts info : https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-post/25179328
"
Schejian wrote:
"
BearODactyl88 wrote:
i spent heaps trying to fit malevolence in so medium cluster small with mortifying aspect in etc then i saw the other persons pob doesnt use grace, so i took that out and it seems fine. what a waste of a bunch of currency and headache trying to make mana reservation work lol

You can get a third 50% Aura without any Reservation Cost, for free.

All it takes is 3x spare Sockets:

Get 2x Dark Marionetts (5c) and Link:
Spectre+Guardians Blessing+malevolence

Now you have your Spectres Buffing you with a super powered (+32% increased Effect) Malevolence.

Guardians Blessing downside (Spectre Die after some Time) is negated thru Dark marionetts Auto-revive.

Only Downside: Some times you can get a bit unlucky and both Spectres die at the some time, then you'll have to click the button again. (no mana cost)

But yeah, it's a free 50% Aura. Everyone should be running it :)

I tried this with a haste aura since malevolence I would like to self cast to have 100% uptime. Seems like the dark marionette dies fast due to guardians blessing, and then you have to cast the aura again. Or am I missing something ? I don't usually play minions.
"
Headtourist wrote:
"
SoulmanV2 wrote:
Could i get a review out of this? Honestly it is my first time ever making it this far with a build and with the game in general, always fell when trying to reach the pinnacle bosses and i dunno if i am ready for the uber ones.

https://pobb.in/Afqq_6LdJg5d

I would start with trying uber cortex to see how it feels. Unless he gets nasty modifiers, you should be fine imho.

(before going in against an uber, remove that rain of splinters - and put something that doesnt reduce your output instead, but i guess you're quite aware of that..

Interesting take on the shaper of flames, i didn't know about that :o
Nice build !

Why thank you! Yeah, i tried to get more output for my damage but every other ascendancy passive's jewel was quite expensive.... except shaper of flames, lol. Got them for a div, so that freed up some space for shock.
"
LadyLoriana wrote:
I tried this with a haste aura since malevolence I would like to self cast to have 100% uptime. Seems like the dark marionette dies fast due to guardians blessing, and then you have to cast the aura again. Or am I missing something ? I don't usually play minions.

You need to have a Spectre gem high enough to have 2 spectres and both would be the dark marionette. They take what seems like half a second to a second to revive, so the idea is that you need them to not die at the same time for the aura to stay up. It doesn't work that well in practice due to ground DoTs or any AoEs that will kill them both because they're squishy as a non-minion based build, so you'll probably find yourself recasting the aura frequently.

Edit: I've seen it suggested to run it with a Meat Shield support and the reduced damage and defensive behavior may help keep them from dying together all the time, but now you're up to 4 links to fit into the build. If you do use it, I agree that haste is a better option since it's not going to hurt your damage badly if it drops unexpectedly.
Last edited by Dromlin on Jan 8, 2024, 6:38:44 PM
"
Dromlin wrote:
"
LadyLoriana wrote:

You need to have a Spectre gem high enough to have 2 spectres and both would be the dark marionette. They take what seems like half a second to a second to revive, so the idea is that you need them to not die at the same time for the aura to stay up. It doesn't work that well in practice due to ground DoTs or any AoEs that will kill them both because they're squishy as a non-minion based build, so you'll probably find yourself recasting the aura frequently.

Edit: I've seen it suggested to run it with a Meat Shield support and the reduced damage and defensive behavior may help keep them from dying together all the time, but now you're up to 4 links to fit into the build. If you do use it, I agree that haste is a better option since it's not going to hurt your damage badly if it drops unexpectedly.

Gotcha, I'll try it with a Meat Shield support. Sockets get a bit tight so I had to move frenzy to offhand weapon swap for bosses. I got culling strike on a charm so that saved a few sockets, and said goodbye to lightning golem. Got tired of recasting that anyway.
In practice I also don't think it works that well with devouring diadem since it eats corpses, just gotta hope it doesn't accidentally eat the dark marionette.

I have 50 divs to spend on my build - any suggestions for upgrades?
I think maybe upgrading cluster jewels, and I haven't touched my quiver in a while. Not sure if it'd be worth it to get a bow that has the added fire damage as chaos mod.

https://pobb.in/NDu3JWPiMXIZ
Last edited by LadyLoriana on Jan 8, 2024, 8:50:25 PM
Speaking off, for a version that uses less sockets and more reliable uptime, couldn't you just use a minion that gives the haste aura? For example, perfect hydra grants hatred. Not sure which one grants haste. You'd still have to deal with the problem of it dying and being eaten by devouring diadem though.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info