3.23 EXPLOSIVE ARROW BALLISTA ELEMENTALIST - League-Start to End-Game. Easy mode.

"
5ecured wrote:
is this guide still ok to follow? or is it outdated and only the title is updated to 3.23?

Still ok (endgame), but you may want to follow palsteron's guide for levelling.
Switch to this version later.
EAb crafts info : https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-post/25179328
"
Vasuhn wrote:
So i hope this time the answer isnt anywhere near my question and im to blind to see it ;)

Does the % chance to deal 50 more area damage work for us? in POB it doesnt change the DPS/Ignite DPS...

I don't think PoB has had any inconsistencies for several years now. In this case, area damage doesn't help with ignite DPS so it is useless for the build. As long as you have your PoB configuration set properly, it's a pretty safe bet to just assume that it is correct.
Can you apply the eater and eldritch influence to the blizzard crown helm, or does that override the cold damage implicit?
"

3) damage penetrates enemy resistance + % damage taken by totems ( both on one charm )

Please tell me how to type this in the search? I can’t find it again
"
LadyLoriana wrote:
Can you apply the eater and eldritch influence to the blizzard crown helm, or does that override the cold damage implicit?

It would override it, don't do that !
EAb crafts info : https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-post/25179328
"
ffk31337 wrote:
"

3) damage penetrates enemy resistance + % damage taken by totems ( both on one charm )

Please tell me how to type this in the search? I can’t find it again

Don't bother searching for this charm as it is only half useful. Penetration does nothing for ignite DPS and is pointless for this build. In fact, I looked at the other charms this person was using and their second charm is also only half useful because area damage also does nothing for ignite DPS. Here's a list of charm mods I would look for:

- Inc mana reservation of skills
- Culling strike (Both should work)
- Chance to summon two totems
- Exposure applies extra -% resistance
- Damage taken from nearest totem
- Cover rare/unique in ash on hit
- Banner skills no reservation
- Totems taunt enemies for 2 sec after summon

This is by no means a complete list of all useful charm mods, but do provide some things that are already used or apply specifically to totem builds. For example, if you're already using 3 50% auras and get more inc mana reservation it could allow you to fit in a banner skill or something like precision or vitality. There's also charm mods which add all ele res, spell suppress, etc. if you are low on anything specifically.

Cover rare/unique in ash would let you get a different ring. Cheap unique rings that add more ignite DPS could be something like Pyre or The Taming. If you have flexibility on your gems and resistances, you could think about something like Anathema and using 3 curses. Or you could just use a second ring similar to the one in PoB with flat cold/light, accuracy, life, chaos res, and ele damage with attack skills.

Edit: Sorry, went a little off-topic here, but there's not a specific way to search the trade site for these mods other than just knowing the exact text of the mod. For example, "Totems taunt enemies around them for # second when summoned" is unique to Ursine Charm but it's just listed as another explicit mod on the trade site. You can set Item Category to 'Any Charm' and search for any charm mod that's not unique to charms. If you're not sure of the exact mod text, you can find it in PoB or the PoE wiki on charms (link in post below).
Last edited by Dromlin on Dec 22, 2023, 12:56:23 PM
https://www.poewiki.net/wiki/Charm

Also, the unique jewel "that which was taken" could be interesting (culling strike + 6-7% exposure for 5-6 divines).
"
ligong2 wrote:
https://www.poewiki.net/wiki/Charm

Also, the unique jewel "that which was taken" could be interesting (culling strike + 6-7% exposure for 5-6 divines).

It is!

Some very good picks:

While there are at least five nearby Allies, you and nearby Allies have Onslaught
-> Permanent Onslaught

(11–20)% chance to Cover Rare or Unique Enemies in Ash for 10 Seconds on Hit
-> Makes Polaric Devastation obsolete. Can switch to a another ring, big dps boost.

Totems Taunt Enemies around them for 2 seconds when Summoned
Can't be understated how much this boost survivability.

Getting 2-3 of these on one is still very cheap.
Does the charm "Gain attack speed for 20 seconds when you kill a rare or unique enemy" work, if it was my totem that did the killing?
"
LadyLoriana wrote:
Does the charm "Gain attack speed for 20 seconds when you kill a rare or unique enemy" work, if it was my totem that did the killing?

If your ignite kills the rare or unique it should work. Anything that says when "You" hit or crit won't work because it's the totem doing the hit or crit. If the totem kills something with the EA hit (very low chance) then it wouldn't proc that charm. Damage over time works differently and I believe PoE doesn't process a totem triggering a DoT so it registers it as having been applied by "You".

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info