[3.24] fezz's Toxic Rain Champion - Step-by-Step PoE Build Guide for Beginners & Casuals

// Added several build-independent tips which provide useful information for beginners regarding multiple in-game interactions (example)
Last edited by fezz8386 on May 6, 2022, 6:59:23 PM
// The campaign (Act 1- 10) has been reviewed and replayed in order to make the tasks, skill tree and item acquisition even more comprehensible for beginners and casuals.
Last edited by fezz8386 on May 7, 2022, 4:06:45 AM
// The Path of Building Pastebin for this build has been updated and optimized.
Last edited by fezz8386 on May 7, 2022, 8:14:15 AM
// The skill tree path was updated according to the feedback I’ve received in 3.17. It now addresses the needs, challenges and problems of beginners even more.

// The endgame item section has been reworked. It now contains recommended bases, minimum recommended modifiers, additional nice-to-have-modifiers, examples in the form of images, information regarding acquisition and crafting as well as links to the PoE Trade website for which different budgets are taken into account.
Last edited by fezz8386 on May 7, 2022, 11:04:34 AM
A very humble advice: I would welcome a guide with the following structure: state0 -- actions0 -- state1 -- actions1 -- state2 -- actions2 -- ...
All actions are doable right then (no conditions), all state are reachable (just with that actions).

"State" includes gear (with gems), passive tree (with jewels), currency and possible other important items (crafting bases, etc.) in the stash. Pictures.

Actions: please be precise: try to define "light clearing (an area)", "medium clearing", "full clearing", "no clearing, just the boss, and loot" etc.. What mobs to kill [and how], what items to pick up [everything which is shown by the filter?], and which pickedup item is for what ([only if the BaseDefencePercentile is >60%?] identify it, read (with Alt) the modifiers, if mathes [dot multipler etc.] then equip, else if "very good modifiers" then check the price and if >=1 chaos then try to sell (drop into a public tab [it requires $]), else sell to Lilly or destroy it).

(How to get rid of thee need of endless reading the mods? The user cannot memorize the whole poedb mod database!...)
(The filterblade filter highlights "Jeweller recipe 6 sockets". Sell I always this for 6 Jeweller's Orbs? Or, are these excellent crafting bases also?)
"
Jhssutrx wrote:
A very humble advice: I would welcome a guide with the following structure: state0 -- actions0 -- state1 -- actions1 -- state2 -- actions2 -- ...
All actions are doable right then (no conditions), all state are reachable (just with that actions).

"State" includes gear (with gems), passive tree (with jewels), currency and possible other important items (crafting bases, etc.) in the stash. Pictures.

Actions: please be precise: try to define "light clearing (an area)", "medium clearing", "full clearing", "no clearing, just the boss, and loot" etc.. What mobs to kill [and how], what items to pick up [everything which is shown by the filter?], and which pickedup item is for what ([only if the BaseDefencePercentile is >60%?] identify it, read (with Alt) the modifiers, if mathes [dot multipler etc.] then equip, else if "very good modifiers" then check the price and if >=1 chaos then try to sell (drop into a public tab [it requires $]), else sell to Lilly or destroy it).

Okay ... In my opinion this type of content wouldn't be good guide content. But I would love to see how this would look like. So maybe you can create a content like this? You have my mental support - in spirit ;)

"
Jhssutrx wrote:

(How to get rid of thee need of endless reading the mods? The user cannot memorize the whole poedb mod database!...)

What do you mean? Are you talking about the mods that are helpful for this build? They are A FRICTION of all mods available. And getting to know them is part of the game ... by using them, studying them, experimenting with them - as it applies to all content.

"
Jhssutrx wrote:

(The filterblade filter highlights "Jeweller recipe 6 sockets". Sell I always this for 6 Jeweller's Orbs? Or, are these excellent crafting bases also?)

The most important question: Do you need Jeweller Orb's? If you do, you sell them. If you don't, there might be a time to even hide 6 socket items. But this decision depends on so many things that each individual case may be different. This is where 'experience' comes into play and where a guide can't help you. At some point, you'll have to make decisions on your own. And hopefully this guide has helped you make those decisions.
Nice guide.

I'd add different tree options. For instance with my devouring diadem version there's little to no reason to go up past ghost dance for the 2nd aura cluster.

I find your content reviews a little off.

Legion is the only content this build struggles to do well. It's probably the best heisting build I've ever played. It eats anything trapped in a circle like breaches and rituals. It can do all bosses, all invitations, any map mod (weak auras and - max resists should probably be rerolled). Harvest can be rippy but if you've done your fair share of harvests you'll be aware of the dangers.

Gem pressure is light, so a bit on optional gems like blood rage or enduring cry or even precision aura.

Optional unfocused ballistas. Why you might not want focused ballistas. Possible gem swap in ballista between mapping and bosses.

Discuss linking vitality to arrogance. You don't miss the 400 hp.

Craft options. I prefer chaos damage over time to attack speed as a modifier but take the attack speed harvest enchant. Also forcing a +2 chaos ammy. It can be done but there's no details.

You could also prepare a build using ashes of the stars. Explain why this is possibly a bad idea. IMHO this is one build I wouldn't take that amulet on.

Maybe a raider option.

Thread of hope tree options.

But a great starting point.

This league I finished my atlas, did all invites, farmed a lot of 4 sextant, 4 scarab maps often with beyond on them. ( be careful of Bameth and his huge corpse explosion). Managed 38/40 challenges (my best ever by a long way). Farmed all 12 fave slots. Although i play trade league softcore I don't much like trading so play an almost SSF-like game. This build suited that style of gameplay. The only thing I asked for help with was the feared and only because i had never run the feared before.

As I said before I had a real blast playing and tinkering with this build. I'd league start it again in 3.18 but im moving house and likely to miss the first month or so of 3.18.
Wow this guide is insanely detailed, it's the perfect guide for my friend that just started playing and I'm gonna play the campaign with him but I thought it might be hard to explain everything and guess what.. I open the forum and I see this - holy cow this is 100x times better than the PoE tutorial itself. Thanks a lot for this guide my man. Cheers.
Any gameplay videos?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info