Game Balance in Siege of the Atlas

"
Peregrine1 wrote:
Seems like good changes, for now.

I'm sad that apart from a minor buff to elemental bow skills, there's not much else of the things I actually wanted..

- 'slam' bow playstyle - an option to go for mega damage/AoE radius/angle instead of attack speed, as shooting more than once a second feels ridiculous
- option to hide flask effects on character, as they are extremely bad and distracting (and literally overwrite your MTX), especially on a pathfinder that has a permanent uptime on most of them
- option to hide Infused Channeling Support's visual effect
- making elemental bow mods exclusive with each other so you don't keep getting multiple elements at once (higher chance to get phys instead)
- making phys modifiers on weapons a bit more common, as it's much harder to get a good phys weapon for hit builds than it is getting a DoT weapon for DoT builds

I really hope the new league comes with a good way to craft high phys weapons, so it's actually possible to league start with something other than a damn caster for a change

i really like the slam bow idea, but the rest will never be a thing for blatantly obvious reasons.
also, there ARE other options than casters, namely elehit, CA, TR, pois conc, expl conc - all the attacks that scale with gem level rather than weapon dmg. also, minions.
"
Psaakyrn wrote:
"
New mastery: "Increases and Reductions to Arrow Speed also apply to Damage with Bows"

Quill rain master race now?

(yes I know less damage isn't completely counterbalanced by increased damage, but still...)

i REALLY hadnt thought of that, nice. i mean even on rare bows, the reforge speed harvest is now much more powerful than ever. "free" up to 46% inc dmg as a suffix. this is huge.
Last edited by Liokar on Jan 25, 2022, 10:07:03 AM
"
hastyel wrote:
"
High-Impact Mine Support: Supported Skills now deal 56% less Damage at gem level 1 (previously 35%), and 50% less at gem level 20 (previously 28%).

For real??? Where's the buff in Ball Lightning to balance this, GGG? >:(

tbh BL was by far the single most powerful lightning spell, be it unleash or mines. nothing came even remotely close. its pretty fair the skill itself is unchanged.
Buff Holy Flame Totem and Shockwave Totem damage too...
No melee hit buffs?

At least once no cyclone nerfs (it's already mediocre if used without triggering spells)

"
Buff Holy Flame Totem and Shockwave Totem damage too...

And create another Forbidden Rite totem league? Maybe the upcoming league mechanic will be something like Blight or Ultimatum where you can stay in one place and defend, so GGG don't want to buff totems that are obviously good at that. For example, in Scourge totems sucked because you needed zoom-zoom clearspeed.
Last edited by alex_disp on Jan 25, 2022, 10:39:26 AM
How about addressing the arbitrary one shots with no indication or telegraphing?
Level 98 Cyclone Shockwave Slayer
"
The Soul Mantle Unique Body Armour no longer has +1 to maximum number of Summoned Totems. Existing items can be updated with a Divine Orb and a momentary lapse in judgement.

I lol'd at this! xD
some good changes
A
I get that you couldnt leave infinite shadeform in, but you do realize those uniques are now back to being literally unplayable

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info