[3.18] Wallach's Siege Ballista Hierophant (Enjoy Consistent Character Balance)

Any idea where did Wallach go? Will be there any updates?
After accidentally deleting my mirror-tier amu, I lost interest in the league. As of the new league, I don't care that much about losing the sentinel boots. Yes, it doubles the damage, yes, it helps become ailment immune, but we played without them, and it was still fine.

But now GGG deletes the 3c quiver, and that's a huge hit not just for the end game, but for the character progression. I don't play more than one build per league, and with siege ballista I enjoyed that slow but steady progression from 5 to 500 mill DPS (250 before Sentinel) over the course of the league. Without the quiver the build will be just meh tier.
"
Nabsta2201 wrote:
Any idea where did Wallach go? Will be there any updates?

He had some health issues that kept him from playing this league. He had said that he hopes to get back into the game in the next one. He said this 3 months ago so hopefully he is doing well and comes back.
"
Zuuule wrote:
He had some health issues that kept him from playing this league. He had said that he hopes to get back into the game in the next one. He said this 3 months ago so hopefully he is doing well and comes back.

Yeah I hope for that too.

However, all these changes related to unique items like Hyrri's Demise and Wildwrap seems like a devastating blow to this build. Can't really tell if there's a possibility to have same power like it was before 3.18.
I checked my POBs, if you replace Hyrri's Demise with a perfect all T1 rare quiver, you still lose about 30-40% damage and need to invest extra skill point into Point Blank on the tree. RIP
Where can i see the changes to hyrrie's demise and wildwrap? I searched the patch notes including spoiler'ed folded parts for these items and got no hits
"
warlow_Aus wrote:
Where can i see the changes to hyrrie's demise and wildwrap? I searched the patch notes including spoiler'ed folded parts for these items and got no hits

search for word "fated"
"

Fated Uniques
Problem: When Prophecy was removed from the game in 3.17, some fated unique items were discontinued or merged with their normal version, and the remainder were moved to occasionally drop from map bosses. However, this drop method was always intended to be a temporary measure.

Solution: The original plan was to develop a new method of making fated unique items to properly replace Prophecy. However, with a second round of fated uniques merged with their base versions by the changes listed above, it became clear that there were not enough remaining fated unique items to support such a system. We are instead just disabling fated unique items from dropping.

Fated Uniques can no longer be acquired. The special modifiers on some Fated Uniques have been moved to the base version of that Unique. More information can be found in the Rebalance of Unique Items section.

Aren't we still holding out to see how the removal of the fated uniques affects the base versions?

Which mods are we hoping survived on the base item if that's indeed the case?

This is the first league i intended to play this build
1% increased Damage per 15 Dexterity
Adds 1 to 2 Cold Damage to Attacks per 10 Dexterity

These two?
"
warlow_Aus wrote:
"

Fated Uniques
Problem: When Prophecy was removed from the game in 3.17, some fated unique items were discontinued or merged with their normal version, and the remainder were moved to occasionally drop from map bosses. However, this drop method was always intended to be a temporary measure.

Solution: The original plan was to develop a new method of making fated unique items to properly replace Prophecy. However, with a second round of fated uniques merged with their base versions by the changes listed above, it became clear that there were not enough remaining fated unique items to support such a system. We are instead just disabling fated unique items from dropping.

Fated Uniques can no longer be acquired. The special modifiers on some Fated Uniques have been moved to the base version of that Unique. More information can be found in the Rebalance of Unique Items section.

Aren't we still holding out to see how the removal of the fated uniques affects the base versions?

Which mods are we hoping survived on the base item if that's indeed the case?

This is the first league i intended to play this build

The special modifiers on SOME Fated Uniques have been moved to the base version of that Unique.

The operative word being "some". The notes state Briskwrap had some of its mods updated but there were no details in the notes on Hyrri's Bite which makes me think it has not changed.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info