Changes to Rewards in Path of Exile: Scourge

Nice!

I still think there should be a small chance for two positive or two negative outcomes.
I've lost control of the controls...
Jesus take the wheel"
RAizQT during Kammel HC race
The formating was weird in the end. The Idea of not having counteacting mods in scourge items is implemented now or it is something that will be implemented in the future?
Hi Lily 8P
My issue with scourged items is that

1. They often don't drop properly linked at all which makes a majority of them useless
2. They don't have normal corrupted mods making them just an identified random gear with drawbacks.

Last edited by Murmur95 on Oct 28, 2021, 11:07:41 PM
Is this live?

Says todays patch, and there was a small 60mb-120mb patch at about 1:30pm aest

Almost all of this was to do with Scourged maps, which weren't even the biggest point of complaint. And then there's you guys doubling down on the random drops in Scourge, which are still going to be shit because the combination of mods both Scourged and in explicits are still entirely RNG. Those drops are worthless and it'd be better to just disable them entirely.

Literally the only line in this post that dealt with the most common point of complaint was this one -

"
Scourged items will no longer be able to generate downsides that would directly counteract their upside. For example, an item with "Added Physical Damage" will not be able to generate "Deal no Physical Damage" as a downside.

However, this is just a face-saving non-improvement. All it does is get rid of the hilariously meme-tier items that were being constantly posted on Reddit and the forums that made your league look bad. It doesn't fix the core issue, which is that the upsides and downsides are totally out of alignment.

Problem: Scourge upsides are oft laughably weak compared to their downsides, often featuring the same wasted mods that people hate as explicit affixes too.

Problem: Scourge downsides were advertised as being the sorts of things that may mean nothing to the right build, yet many of them are so universal that NO build ever wants to deal with them.

Problem: The entire Scourging system feels like you had two separate teams working on the upsides and downsides, who never coordinated or communicated.

Solution: ?????????????
Most of this is great.

But please also remove the *garbage* upsides from the Scourge mod pool.

Tier 3 Scourge modifiers are meaningless as long as they can roll stuff like "reflect damage to melee attackers".

Unless you're going to make that value 1000+.

EDIT: To clarify a bit, there are already SO MANY scourge mods that you're never going to get a specific one you're looking for. Rolling total garbage that isn't useful to anybody is just getting kicked when you're down.
Last edited by QQPQ on Oct 28, 2021, 11:15:19 PM
wow, i thought scourge was pretty nuts already. almost makes up for removing the adding mods to uniques thing.
Too little too late buddy.

Maybe one day you'll realize people quit due to the game not being worth playing, rather than your draconian thought process of thinking "too rewarding" is what causes quitting.

Funny how the most rewarding leagues have had the highest peaks and best player retention, yet you still can't add 1 and 1 together. Comical.
from a person who used to play blizzard games a while ago, I'm pretty impressed with how you guys dealt with feedback so quickly. nice

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info