Changes to Rewards in Path of Exile: Scourge

Thank you for fixes and fast reaction to the problems.

I like this format - we, as playerbase reading news :D - can better understand your intentions and the process of fixing.
But...but, how else will I get that legendary gear with -4 to all spell skills in exchange for reflect 10 melee damage?

I was really having a good time laughing at those
I don't know why ggg just won't let us have fun. Instead they try their hardest to nerf stuff and try to trick us into thinking its a buff.
Last edited by id_rather_be_single on Oct 29, 2021, 2:09:56 AM
Great changes! Thank you GGG.
Arf! Arf! Arf!
Cool, at least the high end speedster screen exploders can abuse the mechanism even more.
All-time non-streamer luckless dropless rewardless tons-of-time-playing non-TFT-er 100% solo player.
So, it just turns out, we were lied to for years with the promises of a two-storied one PoE 4.0.
All these worse and worse beta leagues, all these braindead changes, all lead to this.
the whole item scourging feels like a meme

- make the detrimental mod roll first an let the beneficial mod be at least the same tier, with a x% chance to be 1 tier higher, x% chance to be 2 tiers higher, ...

- implement orbs that makes the next scourging of a) detrimental. b) beneficial, c) detrimental and beneficial mods "lucky" or "in your favour" or something like that

- let the pre-scoured items in nightmare have a high chance for keystones. i probably want a good handful of passives in order to compensate the using of a ground found weapon instead of my self-crafted dps-weapon

- make 3.16 the skill tree expansion
Oh! Thank you! I greatly appreciate the fixes! I was getting a lot of weird combinations that...just didn't make sense.
"
Setharial wrote:
Good first step. But the powerlevel of Pre scourged rares as well as scourge modifiers in general need to be looked at. The pre scourged rares will still be 99.9999% garbage due to the inherent flaw of the item system producing vast quantities of trash.

This will not be fixable unless you implement the same system that is used for Heist Curio rares. Make them better and rarer so we're actually excited to see them instead of filtering them out.

An item being pre scourged is also a downside in and off itself with it being not able to be crafted on so it NEEDS to be actually decent/usable to some extent.

I for one will NEVER choose to scourge my existing items that i carefully crafted in order to get MASSIVE downsides on them with garbage "upsides" like stun/block recovery , reflect, minor resistances, etc.

Exactly this. It baffles me this isn't obvious to them... well, i am pretty much done with it already so doesn't really matter.
"
I don't know why ggg just won't let us have fun. Instead they try their hardest to nerf stuff and try to trick us into thinking its a buff.

XD... true :/
the touch of god!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info