Communication and the Sacred Orb

"
Have a play when Scourge comes out next week and let us know what you think. In playtesting so far, I am personally finding my interactions with base types a lot more interesting than before and get excited both seeing a perfect-defence base type drop and knowing that it would be technically possible to fix a non-perfect one with enough investment, if the item was godly enough to warrant it.

I don't understand your excitement from knowing it is technically possible.

I hope you can understand that PoE has not been really forgiving towards strategically built up value. Godly items may be crushed at your whim every league - some players recently lost thousands of hours of investment in their aurastacker build, for example.

See, in D2R, value is stable as the game remains stable. That godly item matters more because it will be godly forever. Much more fun as strategic investment.

But as rigorous as changes are in PoE, I have to say, this technical possibility of a chance is a misfit for this.

Further I don't think your play experience is that relatable. I'm happy you're happy with this, but to be honest I think you're just saying stuff.

We'll be fine in the end, I guess. To each their own on how to learn to cope with how you change the game around.
Did you try turning it off and on again?
Chris, I had a shower thought!

I feel like GGG is the boarding school. Community is the kid and you are the parent.

Boarding schools calls the parent when kid is crying too much!. :D

And you thought POE is your baby. :D
That makes a lot more sense and is what I expected. Thanks for clarifying. People are going to be so negative at first before thinking and experimenting. My only concern is what happens to standard gear fro those who play there. Is their stuff going to be put at max, or will they have to farm the currency to get it. If so, what does that mean for mirror or corrupted perfect gear that will now not be perfect?
"
Noobwater wrote:
"
Gotcahomes wrote:
Honestly I cant do it with this game anymore everything is a walking mess and missing context one after the other.

See you on launch day

I mean, sure. You'll see me there too. I was there on launch day of expedition despite how bad the changes looked. They turned out to be as bad as feared, and I quit playing pretty fast (most leagues I get 36+ challenges). More importantly as far as GGG is concerned, I didn't buy a supporter pack.
Im okay with item bases to have their base values. But rarity of the new orb must be something like divine orb. Their purpose is similar to each other they are both rerolling some of the mods on items to getting perfect rolls. You guys wanting us to spent 50 ex for a chest to increase 195 es to 200? Not funny...
Last edited by Xilivion on Oct 12, 2021, 8:11:55 PM
A solution to a self-made problem

3 times more rare than exalt orb is ridiculous no normal player is ever going to use these orbs they are only going to be sold to the top end crafters that do mirror service

nice
Variable Base Defense Values are a bad idea in the current day PoE.

This new Orb/Fix is an even worse one.

Do yourself a favour and scrap the orb and ship the next patch with fixed defense values on base items.
3x rarer than exalted orbs ...

Someone call 911, I broke a rib laughing.

So it's as rare as a divine orb ..and it will cost the same, despite it being far rarer.

Another currency we don't need for a problem we didn't create or ask for.
Congrats GGG on making this game even more convoluted.
Chris : "Finally, it does help slightly with 3.16's goal of improving character defences"
This? Rly? XD XD XD
Today is 1.4. or wtf :D
Next "players majority useless" orb?

Ah i know. Its good, bcs someone who drop it, sell it to 1% top nolifers or streamers and they can just more and again broke your endgame ... thing what you "fight" against? :D

Still w/o hit-log?

Still only 3rd party programs fest?

Common. You want harder game? So ban 3rd party programs like trade macro, logout macro, flask macro ... Lets go. How happy streamers will be? :D
Becouse exist your casuals who dont use this 3rd party sh*t on HC, casuals who can play whole 3 months of league. But i rly dont know why you fight against us, and dont against game-abusers.

On league start sheeps only copy streamers/poe ninja builds?
Yeah that is fun right? Copy everything, use 3rd party programs, create SC character and telling others how good in game ur ...
Why not with farming/trade bots hm?

GJ Chris ... state of this game is rly awesome.
You can tell us more "endgame is not for casuals" :D You can look at players numbers and twitch viewers ... now under 1k :D

As say Innomen before : "This changes nothing. the real game is still outside gameplay. It's trade and third party exploitation, either streaming or discord or some other outside party/guild organization"

And ofc iam rdy for admin strike for negativity :D Same as Innomen :D
Bcs i wrote sh*t, when others can "say" fuck w/o strike :D GJ GGG
"
Reaktorbot3 wrote:
Variable Base Defense Values are a bad idea in the current day PoE.

This new Orb/Fix is an even worse one.

Why excactly? Whats so problematic about it? Its an insignificant defensive variable. 20% more def on your armour won't make or break your build. It's for perfecting it, if you care. Do you really think a "basic" Farruls Fur is not gonna be worth anything in comparison to the "perfect 20%" one? When does is it really matter?

Why do people keep quoting some youtuber? 'A fix to a problem they created'. Its an assumption to say there is a problem with having variable base types and the orb is the fix to it somehow... I don't get what people are so scared off? That it's gonna be harder to perfect your gear, well yeah maybe (even though the base defences of an armour piece are insignificant in 99,9% of cases) but isn't that not a good thing? I mean it's doesn't excactly take that long to gear a character to be able to handle all content especially in trade league. That, with the reworked defences/types everything but perfectly rolled base type is not gonna cut it? You don't honestly believe that? Finding anything but a perfectly rolled base type isn't exciting anymore (I heared that one before)? Just like finding a badly rolled unique is unexciting? (btw. thats where the orb comes in to fix that).

I am really surprised about the outrage on that topic. Variable Base Types and the Sacred Orb are so minor in the grand scheme of things and that is what people chose to be most upset about is really beyond me.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info