Communication and the Sacred Orb

So main question. Will new currency have slot in currency tab? Or like always 1 league later?
"
Deeppee wrote:
"
knorpl wrote:

Popular?
Drop rate was -400% players after 1-2 weeks...
50k online to 6-10k...I think we have a different definition of popularity.

Not to mention the drop in trade in the 3.15 league, where people complained that they had a hard time selling an expensive item at a discount (they waited a few days for a buyer). And in the previous leagues, at a normal price, they dropped out in a few minutes.

no, it's obviously not a true
just check numbers
daily peaks' drop was even less than it was in Ritual (most popular league) and much less than it was in Delirium, Harvest, Haist, Metamorph

(if not load https://paste.pics/c7cec55f5f8b4ea48b03e368f0808440)

Look how its drop in 3.15. Other leagues were losing players towards the end (frustration because the build was bad, or simply overeating or for some other reason). Here we have a steady decline in players, literally people are leaving the game.

For people for whom math is difficult.
If you have 100 $ and lose 50% its the same amount if you have 140$ and lose 50? No.. Dont look for daily peak... 50 its not the same as 70.

Look on that SS. See what the chart looks like. How high has increased in 3.13 and other leagues and how slowly the number of players has declined and how few players were playing at the start of 3.15 and how quickly the chart is falling.
Last edited by knorpl on Oct 12, 2021, 4:06:34 PM
Thank you for clearing this up and for the continued communication with the community.
I've ragged on you guys for awhile... I actually like this idea. And ggg knows mu post history as of lately has all been negative. I'll give you a positive this time. Good job. Dont mess up the gladiator please :)
My dudes you should really stop wasting your valuable time on these absolutely insignificant things... You have so many other shit to fix and you decide to use your limited time to come up with some obscure currency thing that MBY some of us will see ONCE in the next 4 years of playing? I mean I dont mind the currency or whatever but really, if this is the ceiling of your imagination then i dont know... Still love you tho
"
Cobbo wrote:
A solution to a self-made problem

nice

Basically this. This orb is whatever, the variable defense on bases is the thing that is stupid in the first place.

This makes drop rares less likely to be good compared to crafted rares. Drop rares are already so bad that we stop looking at them by the end of the first week of league, so congrats on making that problem even worse.

This makes midrange crafting more annoying and more costly, because either you craft on bad bases and what used to be profitable (sellable) fail states are no longer worth selling, OR you craft on expensive bases and have the same problem, because the decent fail states won't sell for enough to justify the cost of buying another base. Either way, midrange crafting becomes less profitable.

It is good for rich boy crafting, I guess. Another high budget axis for improving items means a bigger split between rich and poor. Hooray?

Quality 2: Electric Boogaloo is dumb as heck. If you wanted to raise base defense on items, just do it uniformly. This is not the way.
"
prkalo wrote:
My dudes you should really stop wasting your valuable time on these absolutely insignificant things... You have so many other shit to fix and you decide to use your limited time to come up with some obscure currency thing that MBY some of us will see ONCE in the next 4 years of playing? I mean I dont mind the currency or whatever but really, if this is the ceiling of your imagination then i dont know... Still love you tho

yep, no idea why dev and designer time went into this orb and the variable gear stat while time and resources are really limited. could be bike-shedding or someone-someone played D2R and got reminded of variable gear stats so this had to be added because "back then in Diablo 2...".
Fun orb design:

Extraction orb - exctracts one of the rare item's implicit modifiers and store it to be applied to another item of the same type (destroys the item in the process). Can be used on corrupted items

This orb is poggers for several reasons:

--Great for lab enchants
--Insane value for dropping random enchanted gear that can be extracted
--Good for stealing anointments
--Incredibly powerful to apply baseline implicits like Astral resistances to endgame Vaal Regalia for example or spell damage from Occultist Vestment

Liked by both Sofcore/Hardcore and trade/SSF players. Can be used successfully from both casuals or heavy gamers.

This orb single-handedly fixes the issue of dropping good enchants on unwanted bases, or getting a talisman with incredible anoint but 2 max life roll.

Designed by Aleksidius, God Zdps Gamer, Developer.

Last edited by Aleksidius on Oct 12, 2021, 5:59:20 PM
the base defence variable is a terrible idea.

we have quality 0-20% and now we have another thing 0-20%... why?

this just pushes people further into crafting and makes dropped gear even more shit, now i need an orb 3x rarer than an exalt to gamble at trying to make my dropped item good where my crafted item, that im gonna craft for probably less than 3ex, is perfect from the start?

its an awful idea, and here you guys are not listening to people telling you its an awful idea and just blindly rushing it into the game, and just like always i told you so now and ill be telling you so a year from now and 3 years from now you will admit that i was always right and that it should never have happened, like always.

i just dont even tbh
It's obvious you GGG are the one that didn't understand. Let me help you. People don't want more RNG, no need for more bloated layer over layer.

Even the 40% quality was a bad decision.
Stop wasting your time, and actually produce more content, and finally start putting your time in improving STD, as well as more character progression are you hit certain level/gear.

And once again, NO you are not buffing the defence. You are nerfing it. Armor is crap as it is, no matter if you have 20k or 50k.
Armor needs changes, but not number changes, get this into your heads.

Block and Dodge > Armor all the day long, twice at the weekends.
Which means > big time nerf !!!
Gladiator has crap damage always, now it will have crap defence as well - good job.
Juggernaut is ****** for a while, and you do nothing about it.

Berserk was dog****** at some point, where Jugg was in a good spot, and now it's vice versa. [Removed by Support]

God thanks there is ESO on this world.
Last edited by Kane_GGG on Oct 12, 2021, 6:10:58 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info