Communication and the Sacred Orb

Was someone really asking for more complexity of base types?

Did you really need to cater more toward streamers/nolfers who already down the Feared in 20 seconds?

Why is no one at GGG asking these questions?

Do you encourage your employees to occasionally question if the 'vision' makes sense?
Please give us Damage Log/Death Log.

Please give us controller support on PC.

Pretty please.
A 3833 letters post for a new orb we will NEVER drop ...
Thanks GGG you're communication is really close to perfection...
Chris and GGG

Nobody asked for this and nobody wants this. This is your early feedback before the league starts.

Your doing this wrong anyway. If you want item bases to have meaning and weight you need to finally adjust implicits so that Astral Plate has competition. Then you can add a secondary implicit on top of extra defense which both get rerolled by a blessed orb which can be rarer to find. (Not 3 times as an exalt though).

This is not an interesting mechanic. It's just bloat in a game that doesn't need this. At least not this way.

This league I cannot even 6-Link a body armor, wasted 3k+ fuses. Then I gave up and quit the league. Now you introduce a new orb that 3x rarer than exalted orb, just to solve a new problem that should not exist.

We have already had too many extreme RNGs in this game. This new RNG just create negative emotions for the players because:

. It is extreme rare that would never be seen by casual players. It should be lowered to be equal to the divine orb instead if exists.
. You think people will happy with end-game gears with average base values? NO of course. Do they happy to grind for 30+ ex to max them? Another NO.
. Does it contribute anything fun to this game, except for streamer showcase? NO.

I know you have to make things resolve around streamers to keep this game alive, but this new orb is stupid.

Btw, do you even remember that Tempering Orbs exists?
I want to add a second piece of feedback for GGG here:

Can we stop with "pick up the best gear off the ground" meme?

First of all, it already wasn't possible to pick up the best gear off the ground even without considering the Quality Craft.

You can't pick up Double-Influence items. It's either impossible or extraordinarily rare to be able to pick up influenced 30 quality items. Even less likely, maybe even 100% impossible to pick up a 30 quality influenced corrupted item.

A "perfect" item often needs:

30 quality
influence(s)
Veiled Mod (craft or Aisling)
Socketing and Linking
Corrupting or Double-corrupting

You can find an item off the ground with 1 or 2 of these things... *including the quality craft*, but never all of them.

If we pretend for a moment that you, for some reason, don't count all that stuff, and you just want a "generic" piece of ES gear to be able to drop anywhere with the highest possible values, then a) you need to remove 30 quality options, and b) you need to understand that a triple T1 Vaal Regalia is 1 in 54,429 i86+ Vaal Reglias. And that's just *any* rolls on the T1 values, and not caring what the suffixes are at all. If you want it to be perfectly divined, it's 1 in 21,771,600. Assuming you don't care about the Stun and Bock Recovery value, since that doesn't increase ES.

NO ONE is picking that up off the ground. Not even the 0.1% no-lifers. Have there even been 21 million i86+ Vaal Regalias generated in all of PoE history?

Oh, btw, with the proposed 0-20% ES thing, it would be 1 in 457 million. You made the problem worse, not better!

The best rare items are *always* crafted. If you want to change that, you have to make *MAJOR* structural changes to the game, and be prepared for *huge* backlash if you do.
Last edited by QQPQ on Oct 12, 2021, 1:25:18 AM
Honestly good content with increased intension to brand the curse !!!

"What comes around goes around"

Maybe this base of the league is prefix codex 11 from the old coding content.

Don't underestimate how hard it is to adjust a game what rolls into different time codex's.

I like this post that's communication skill.

"Never play with the backup" Vaalhala whaha.

I'm newbie but sounds like the circle is round.

Great, looking forward to the fun
Was realy worrid about where this was headed when i first read about the 10-20% diffrens on items. But after reading this and seeing the new orb I must say i like it, looks like iut will be a cool min max thing with a good chase item feeling!

Nice clarification/explanation, and hope this turns out as you explaind and in the post. =)
"
Innomen wrote:

Every league is the same, and standard is frozen. A handful of professionals blast to lvl 100 in a matter of days and everyone else just serves them directly or indirectly by wage slaving through low content and selling stuff they'll buy in bulk to exploit some mechanic or market imbalance.

It's growing intolerable to play and sell knowing my wealth will simply flow upward to some wallstreet type "earning" more on the market in a day then I could playing for 5 years.

My man, you cannot make "FAIR TRADE FOR EVERYONE" without hard restriction, this is nature of economy. There always will be some 1% percenters who abuse it to hell. Im not happy with some things in poe too, but you a bit fatalistic.

Maybe try ssf for 1 league or smth else? It plays very different, and sometimes you catch yourself enjoying things you didn't even notice in trade league. So if you don't wanna be 1% percenter personal slave try it out.
"
The Sacred Orb is more than three times rarer than an Exalted Orb.

Holy shit. I only have time to play enough to have one or two raw exalts drop each league, so on average, I should expect to be able to reroll the most fundamental stats on ONE piece of gear... ONCE... uh... what, twice a year?

Yeah, thanks a ton. Some of us that are on board with most of the changes are hoping you don't keep cocking things up, but here you fucking go.
Last edited by internationalfish on Oct 12, 2021, 1:34:01 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info