Communication and the Sacred Orb

Heheh, who the hell will pay 3 ex for this the top .00001%?
Whatever dude
It is your own damn fault...
Last edited by Kellzzz on Oct 12, 2021, 12:27:01 AM
"
CougarMcGee wrote:
Let me highlight some numbers since people seem to blow this way out of proportion. I'm going to make an example with an astral plate as it's an endgame base often crafted on.

As stated in this post by Chris, the worst case scenario for a base is a loss of 7.5% of the base armor.

Now let's also remember the core defense post says this :
''Armour provided by base types can now be up to 10% higher[.]''

Astral plates have a base armor value of 711.

This means the absolute worst astral plate imaginable
assuming that ''up to'' would mean this base doesn't even
get any buff at all will now have 657 armor rounded down

This change has no practical change other than sometimes using different bases to craft on at low/medium budget. Is that community really so far
gone that the potential threat of losing a whopping 54 armor triggers an outrage?

Come on, this is ridiculous.

You're leaving out the minimum of 106.65 armour from the minimum 15% roll on t1 craftable quality (which is 15%-18%) that we no longer get, plus the impact on socketing and linking.

Six socket base chance is 1 in 300, and six linking base chance is 1 in 1500. Each 1% quality improves your odds by 1%. Assuming you would always have at least 20% quality, that's 1 in 250 jewelers for 6S, and 1 in 1250 fusings for 6L. An additional 15% quality saves you on average an additional 45 jewelers and 225 fusings.

Socketing and linking will be more difficult/expensive and require a lot more clicks on average due to this change (in a game that is already borderline criminal in its inducement of repetitive strain injuries), and we get weaker core defenses at the same time GGG is completely gutting other defensive layers, in an expansion we were promised would have nothing but defensive buffs (save for the fortify change we were at least warned about).
Fairgraves was a slave trafficker specialized in the kidnapping and transport of children. He was not "a good man".
"
LennyGhoul wrote:
"
"
LennyGhoul wrote:
I love how GGG makes something BETTER and then everyone complains about it, and then they explain HOW IT'S BETTER and then even more people complain about it.

What exactly did GGG make "better"?

Maybe you should re-read the entire topic from the start so you have a better understanding of how this works.

hmm some one who have not see more than 20% of the game content talking about what is BETTER for the game.

please reach red maps kill breach lords and sirus maven when you progress trough that you might see something they are reducing number of map and watch stone it should be easy this league :)
This just add more feel bad moments.

A good max roll items is going to drop. You will be glad for 1 min and sell it end of story. Maybe remember it as 1 of your highlight of the league if it was expensive enough.

But the reverse is also going to happen a good base is going to drop it's only at 50% or less of the max power. Your look up the price its 1-10c You see the max roll is 20 EX and your going to be mad/upset for the rest of the league.

The later will happen far more than the former since the range is so big.
This Is going to happen because humans tent to fixate more on the negative than the positives of a event.

Ill admit everyone will not feel upset in the event but just that its the normal response of someone.
Last edited by b4timert on Oct 12, 2021, 12:21:38 AM
"

You're leaving out the minimum of 106.65 armour from the minimum 15% roll on t1 craftable quality (which is 15%-18%) that we no longer get, plus the impact on socketing and linking.

Correct, I did leave this out because that is not the complaint I was criticizing , I would agree with you here that I like the quality crafts and would like them to stay. At least so far we still have fossils and syndicate to up them to 30% afaik, it's not as high but it's better than nothing.
"
Kellzzz wrote:
i love poe so much because when i started playing the community was way les toxic than any other game i ever played. but man people be complaining over nothing here.

if you dont like it, then dont interact with it, if you gonna stop playing the game because of new currency lol, go ahead.

at least give it a try before complaining like some spoiled brats...

PEACE

Ah, yes, because calling people "spoiled brats" for giving feedback in threads made to gather feedback is completely not toxic. Yes. You are very intelligent. /s

And I probably won't be interacting with the new orb, because if it trades anywhere near where it should just based on its rarity, the new orb on its own exceeds the budget for most builds I play.

I will however be interacting with total removal of craftable quality, as will probably everyone else who has enough interest in the game to use this forum, because that was something literally everyone who could make it to maps would interact with and use, every single league. And it was removed and replaced with this (objectively worse in every way) variable base defense modifier garbage.
Fairgraves was a slave trafficker specialized in the kidnapping and transport of children. He was not "a good man".
Chris, thank you for constantly communicating with the community. I hope you'll keep doing this no matter what. This is good for everyone. You have a great game and a great community, however volatile and different everyone is 😆.. Can't wait for the Twitch reveal and Patch Notes' release.

As for the Sacred Orb.. well... I honestly don't like the idea of adding more bloat to the game, so I automatically didn't like it, specially not knowing how rare it was gonna be... at least there's no more new splinters this time, right?...right???😱😱😱
"

Problem:
With the desire to increase Armour, Evasion and Energy Shield power across the board, we felt that the base values on items WERE TOO LOW. In addition, we feel that our item system needs more base type heterogeneity.

Solution:
Base Types are now generated with a random 0-10% higher base defence, as an inbuilt currently-non-modifiable property. This means that all base types can be better than they currently are, and armour base types are not homogeneous any more. Energy Shield values on base types instead vary from 0-20%.

Thanks for spending time to discuss with your cheiftain developer and writing a response.

When you take something from players, you do so ever so boldly, e,g, REMOVE DODGE COMPLETELY.
When giving back to players, it is meted out in small drips.
You already identify the base values were too low, so why is 0% even a thing in the first place??
And then gate it behind an exceedingly rare Sacred Ass Orb.

Majority of players will just treat it as a 3 exalts loot.
Last edited by hsuchijp on Oct 12, 2021, 12:32:35 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info