Path of Exile 3.16 Balance - Part 3 - Auras, Curses and Elemental Damage Over Time

16 pages of comments and not a single person answering the

"
Why are people who play the game properly getting nerfed because there's people that don't know what they're doing?

I sure hope the next patch we're gonna nerf quivers because it's unfair that you can't play a bow character without a quiver and be just as strong as efficient as someone who does.

There's no reason it should be this way just like there's no reason for parties to be stronger by having support builds in them.
"
Veruuk wrote:
will standard gear go legacy? or is it time to quit the game and claim my refund for ggg ruining my 20 mirror build that i spent over 2 years making?

WAT. Some people man.
GGG has done better in the past. These changes make me hate the game that I used to love.
"
Robredo wrote:

Stuff like this is super easy to test. Just take your PoB from 3.14 unspec EE and EO and increase your gemlevel untill you reach the base dmg of the new values. And you will see that you loose alot of dmg probably 30-50% dependent on gear and overall tree. Now you try to remember how much of a struggle the build already was in 3.15 and you probably know that it's no longer at a point where it makes sense to play unless you like to suffer.

Man, it hurts to read this. It really does. The absolute misinformation just to push your own narrative.

Vortex can still be used with EO and EE!!!
My eyes are burning when I read the post and the comments. People blaming aurabots for economy, not the traders, and currency flippers, and RMT sites. First step would be banishing them from the game, and let others play as they will. It's unfair to nerf something, what is capable, and people enjoying, and in the other hand, pushing the big streamers forward in the queve, and giving them currency to showcase how cool is the game.
Also these nerfs influencing the casual player base mostly, and beginners. This is the 3rd time they nerf the actual build I was playing. They nerfed coc, they nerfed COE spectral throw, they nerfed aurabot. Actually not just nerfed. They kille those builds. The game was much better in 2013-14, when people just sit to the computer, amd enjoyed the game. I played for relaxing, and entertainment. Now it only offers suffering from overbuffed monsters, stupid acts, and cutting the throat of everything, what makes the game easier for those, who cannot play 28 hour a day. I am quitting also. Thanks for the beautiful 8 years.
Would be fair that the items in std remain the same since some ppl played a lot for their items and they dont play league
"
There's no reason it should be this way just like there's no reason for parties to be stronger by having support builds in them.

What is this stupid reasoning. And is there any reason why there shouldn't be aurabots and cursebots in the party? Is it unfair that people are creating a team to play with? It may be unfair that one player has better items than another.

Everyone plays the way I like, you don't like playing with Aurabots, don't play. Play solo and enjoy it.
Thank you for destroying yet again builds that are NOT even that powerful.. Dont you realize the diffence of DPS aurastacker and support aurabot...?! What people have cried about was NOT all aurastackers.. It was for aurabots.. Even before this nerf, you could currently have to invest close to a mirror in aurastacker build to be able to get even 5mil+ dps... Yet again this is a perfect example how you devs are so out of touch with the community, or REAL state of the game... The money I have to spend to make GOOd aurastacker even to 5mil, could pay for tens of mils DPS for some normal build... So WHY would this need nerfing even more?
Cookiemuncher
Well, mfing was the only thing I enjoyed. Goodbye PoE, it was fun.
ABOUT AURAS
-ISNT THE QUALITY VALUES GOING TO CHANGE???
-I LIKED THE IDEAS A LOT BUT TO BE FAIR, THERE SHOULD BE MANY BUFFS IN AURA QUALITY AND ON TEMPLAR GUARDIAN ASCENDANCY!!! DONT FORGET THIS ASCENDANCY GUYS!!!

ABOUT CURSES
-THE OVERALL IDEA IS GREAT BUT WHAT ABOUT REDUCING SOME OF THE BOSS PENALTIES ON CURSES OR AT LEAST BUFFING SOME CURSES BACK UP LIKE TMEPORAL CHAINS? SOME CURSES WILL JUST FEEL USELESS

ABOUT COLD DOT DMG
-THERE WAS NO REAL BONUS HERE, THE INCREASE ON NUMBERS WONT MAKE UP FOR THE LOSS OF -50%RESIST FROM ELEMENTAL EQUILIBRIUM... AND COLD DOT CANT REACH HIGH VALUES ALREADY.. I SUGEST ADDING 1-2 CLUSTERS ON THE TREE FOCUSING IN COLD DOT WHILE REDUCING DMG FROM HITS OR REDUCING CAST SPEED... SOMETHING LIKE THIS..
-MOST COLD DOT DMG SKILLS DONT HAVE ANY HIT COMPONENT TO CRIT OR HAS A HIGH COOLDOWN LIKE VORTEX, SO JUST KILLED ELEMENTAL OVERLOAD FOR THEM... ITS MUCH MORE OF A NERF TO IT OVERALL!!

ABOUT IGNITES/FIRE DOT
-IGNITES GOT A BETTER BUFF THAN COLD DAMAGE OVER TIME BUT BARELY MAKING UP FOR ELEMENTAL EQUILIBRIUM LOSS, DONT FORGET THAT THOSE BUILDS HAVE A HARD TIME WITH BOSSES WITH HIGH RESISTS, NOT MAP GARBAGE MONSTERS...

ABOUT DOT DMG OVER ALL
-YOU GUYS MASCARADE THE DMG PENALTY HERE!! CUZ IN MOST BOSS FIGHTS WE STRONGLY RELY ON ELEMENTAL EQUILIBRIUM TO DEAL DMG WITH DOT... AND LETS NOT FORGET THAT ITS ALSO A GREAT LOSS FOR BUILD WITH DMG ON HIT AS WELL!!

ABOUT MONSTERS DOT
-WHAT ABOUT IGNITES FROM MONSTERS? ARE THEY COMING AT 2.5 TIMES HIGHER AS WELL??

ABOUT MINIONS
-MOST STRONG MINIONS ARE ELEMENTAL DMG BASED AND THEY RELY HEAVLY ON ELEMENTAL EQUILIBRIUM, IT WAS A MUST HAVE ON BOSSES! GIVING A EXPOSURE OPTION WONT WORK HERE CUZ WE WERE ALREADY USING EXPOSURE FROM ELEMENTAL ARMY GEM!
-MY SUGESTION: CHANGE ELEMENTAL ARMY THAT IT DOESNT HAVE A MORE DMG MULTIPLIER ANYMORE, BUT NOW DEALS A -50% ELEM EXPOSUREFOR THE HIGHEST ELEM DMG DONE AND THIS EXPOSURE ONLY WORKS FOR MINIONS (SO IT CANNOT BE ABUSED FOR OTHER PURPOSES)
-OTHER SUGESTION: A NEW KEYSTONE THAT GRATS YOU AND NEARBY ENEMIES -50% TO ALL ELEMENTAL RESISTENCES AND YOU CANNOT DEAL DMG YOURSELF (SO YOU HAVE TO INVEST MORE IN RESISTENCES AS WELL, AND WILL ONLY WORK FOR YOUR MINIONS!)

ABOUT MINIONS DOT
-WHERE IS THE BUFF ON MINIONS DOT YOU GUYS PROMISSED? REMEMBER WE CANT GET MANY SOURCES OF DOT MULTIPLIER FOR MINIONS.. WHAT ABOUT CREATING A CLUSTER FOCUSING ON MINION DOT DMG, AND MAYBE A KEYSTONE WITH MINIONS DEAL DOUBLE DMG WITH DOT AND DEAL HALF DMG WITH HITS? OR MAYBE A SHIELD WITH SOMETHING LIKE THAT SO WE CAN GIVE IT TO MINIONS WITH AEGIS..

==========================================

I TOT U GUYS WERE GOING WITH AURAS/CURSES PENALTIES SO YOU COULD BUFF THE AURAS/CURSES AT ITS CORE, BUT IT WAS ONLY NERFS.. >.>
AGAIN.. DONT FORGET ABOUT TEMPLAR GUARDIANS!!!!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info