Path of Exile 3.16 Balance - Part 3 - Auras, Curses and Elemental Damage Over Time

Problem 1: Team play is not engaging enough and too few players use it.

Problem 2: The current trade system is obsolete and players demand real QoL improvements

Solution: kill party/team play. Make every mode SSF, this solves the party play and trade issues
"
Rahdur wrote:

Are you also jealous for people who have wife and kids? Seriously, stop doing so for your own good. I will play games that allow me to have fun with my acquintances, if I enjoyed beating the computer I would just play chess against an engine nonstop. You make no sense here.

I don't want to bring up politics here, but... communism will never work in a game either, especially not if it economically relies on the capital market. GGG simply just goes around and randomly kills builds that people enjoy playing. If they redo this change about party play, I'll take back my statement.

Killing a specific poison build is ok. Nerfing minions a little and boosting gladiator a little is ok. Removing completely broken aspects of the game is ok. Balancing the game at the cost of nerfing stuff and adding new interesting things is ok.

But removing the entire multiplayer aspect except trading and rotas???
Sorry, that was too much for me to bare. You may enjoy playing, just stop blaming people that are rightfully mad. Thanks.

Noone is stopping you from playing with other people, you just won't be gaining as much of an massive advantage doing it now :) I just hope that they continue on that path, so efficiency isn't just about getting more people together at the same time.
"
Doom Blast (from Impending Doom Support) now deals 54 to 81 Chaos Damage at gem level 1 (previously 39 to 58), up to 602 to 903 at gem level 20 (previously 430 to 645). It now has “40% more Damage with Hits per 5 Doom on Hex”, and “15% more Damage with Ailments per 5 Doom on Hex”. It no longer has “60% more Damage per 5 Doom on Hex”. Because of base Ignite damage changes, Ignite with the skill is now 44.6% higher at 30 Doom, and 32.8% higher at 40 doom.

y'all sure seem to hate decay being remotely viable lol
Absolutely love everything I've read about 3.16 so far. Now if you brought back harvest I'd actually spend money again. Nevertheless, great direction the game is heading
Friends ho???
"
impulze3 wrote:
rip aurastacking.

gz on ruining another build archetype.

How to kill another aspect of endgame and stomp a 10+ mir build into history.

I played this build for 5 leagues now, improving it bit by bit every league.
About 15-20 mirrors of stuff, soon to be obsolete.

Aura effect gone from clusters, clusters unuseable.
i'd need 588% increased reservation efficiency on my gear to run all my 16 auras, which is impossible with 2% on jewels.

this leaves a bad taste in my mouth, you disregard the time i spent on this build in one single patch because reddit crybabies are complaining about party play. again and again you kill things in collateral from multiple angles.

the solution was so simple, lowering aura effect on others and leaving reservation alone as it impacts other builds aswell. now you probably ruined a bunch of builds with those changes, not just aurabots and stacking.

we'll wait and see how it plays out. If 3.16 is not the ultimate bomb league mechanic to make up for this loss, i will quit this game

[Removed by Support]

The balance team and chris being out of touch with their game isn't the only reason why this game is going downhill.
The community is more toxic than ever, more so than the community of eve online. Alot of people i play with in standard are chill, but this? I can't imagine what goes through your head that you gain joy from sending me those pms, does it make you feel powerful or that you received some kind of twisted justice? Does it statisfy your jealousy?

I agree that it's toxic for people to be so mean-spirited. It is unnecessary. And unkind.

I'd like you to consider, though, how those who lash out or pick on you might consider your build sharing to be an arrogant humble-brag? Like a wealthy person flaunting their riches? Not to say you are responsible for the immaturity and jealousy of other players, but where some folks see inspiration and achievement, others see inaccessible, unfair showing off.

Look, I think aspirational gear is cool. I may never be able to afford it or play at that level and it's OK with me. This game has so much RNG that unobtainable combinations of stats and values is a true rarity. I think that makes the game dynamic and exciting. But also, that goes for the game as a whole: it's ever-evolving. To play with the notion that a build will be forever is to ignore the fundamental philosophy of the game itself. The evolution between leagues is greatly affected by he folks who reach the top tiers, by way of "exploiting" flawed balance or "just leaning into mechanics and the meta they create" -- the more efficient and popular and accessible it is to double down on one mechanic to the disregard of all others only encourages the next iteration of the game to nerf it -- either by way of directly limiting its power, or by buffing other mechanics so as to render it less impressive.

So yeah, the toxic people suck. But you may also need to let it go and change how you approach enjoying this game. Trust me, I am a mostly-Standard player, too, since open Beta, and I have seen build after build "finally get me to X" only to have it change in the next patch. Instead of focusing on the one build to rule them all and do all content, I have started to try more focused builds that can do one or more thing rather well, even if they suffer in other content. At least in standard, where I've got a bunch of lvl90 and above characters, I have the ability to swap what character I use for the content I want to play in a given gaming session. I'm less "powerful" but I have more fun overall. I mean, not to tell you what to do, just offering that changing my expectations of the game has caused me to appreciate ti better. it it a Free game, after all...
Last edited by Lisa_GGG on Oct 7, 2021, 7:10:08 PM
"
impulze3 wrote:
rip aurastacking.

gz on ruining another build archetype.

How to kill another aspect of endgame and stomp a 10+ mir build into history.

I played this build for 5 leagues now, improving it bit by bit every league.
About 15-20 mirrors of stuff, soon to be obsolete.

Aura effect gone from clusters, clusters unuseable.
i'd need 588% increased reservation efficiency on my gear to run all my 16 auras, which is impossible with 2% on jewels.

this leaves a bad taste in my mouth, you disregard the time i spent on this build in one single patch because reddit crybabies are complaining about party play. again and again you kill things in collateral from multiple angles.

the solution was so simple, lowering aura effect on others and leaving reservation alone as it impacts other builds aswell. now you probably ruined a bunch of builds with those changes, not just aurabots and stacking.

we'll wait and see how it plays out. If 3.16 is not the ultimate bomb league mechanic to make up for this loss, i will quit this game

[Removed by Support]
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Pictures of the rude pms i am getting. I guess you're allowed to be toxic in pms, but you're not allowed to show that to anyone.

Here is an accurate version without the name and shame

The balance team and chris being out of touch with their game isn't the only reason why this game is going downhill.
The community is more toxic than ever, more so than the community of eve online. Alot of people i play with in standard are chill, but this? I can't imagine what goes through your head that you gain joy from sending me those pms, does it make you feel powerful or that you received some kind of twisted justice? Does it statisfy your jealousy?

Saw the pics before it was taken down. People sure are awful in this community. I say this thinking even though I both think the changes to Auras are good and have played a multi mirror aura stacker in previous seasons. It's pretty incredible people are making excuses for the rudeness too.
"
GGG, there is no mention of Spellslinger.

Can you clarify what your plans for this are?

Can you consider rolling back the addition of mana cost for spellslinger, considering it reserves so much already, and now with these changes, spellslinger will be even harder to use, since we can't reduce the reservation so easily.

For DOT changes, you mention fire, cold DOT.
What about Chaos DOT? It needs some serious love for single target, as it's currently unusable.

Oh you mean other than the 50 additional dot modifiers they added? Lol wat. Also, TR is still very meta
Hahahahahahaha ggg I pray for you
"chaos dot needs love too"

Have you heard of the Gospel of Poison Traps? Def did not need a buff at all.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info