[3.15] TotalQlimax's Mjölner Manabond Hiero - 27M+ DPS (14M+ Sirus), 10K+ eHP. All content viable!

@AIMWARE_Iso

I think it's just the nature of this particular build. It's nothing "wrong" or "bad" or "broken" but we're running with just sap and fortify (MoM doesn't really count since our mana is always kept low) and no block, dodge or anything of the sort.
Besides your negative chaos res, you don't really have any glaring problems with your gear. I'm currently experiencing the same problems, sometimes even bricking logbooks simply because I get 1 shot from across the screen by "?????", and I have about 40% positive chaos res. I was trying to think on how to change that, possibly swapping one of the large clusters our for a spell power cluster with mage hunter/conjured wall/essence rush, would give us another 10% spell block and some more leech/damage, as well as a blue nightmare close to harrier (all the way down past the marauder giant life block) for another 6% spell block, which, with Rumis, would put us at about 40/40, but I'm really not sure if that will be enough.

Bottom line is, though a bit chunky, this isn't meant as a tank. It is "tankier" than a lot of things for sure.
Last edited by gtankbr on Aug 8, 2021, 12:55:54 PM
"
- Why is Pure Talent used? Is it just for the ele pen? Because we don't get stats from the Scion start with Unnatural Instinct

Yeah its only for the Pen right now. I will swap this for Scintillating Idea for the next two skill points. You are right on Unnatural Instinct. It does not give you the 25 attributes, also stated different in PoB. So please stop asking why I have more than 30 required strength in PoB and have invested a Skill Point in Might :)

"
- Why do we use Cinderswallow and Onslaught link in Cyclone?

I use Cinderswallow to refill my Energy Shield pool when I feel like I need to. We only have leech to recover Energy Shield, which is only 10% per second. Once the Energy Shield is depleted you lose a lot of tankiness. The Onslaught is only a side effect, but since Onslaught support requires to kill the enemies or hit unique Mobs with cyclone, you basically only have the Onslaught from the Gem at the Boss (and this is where it matters for the aps cap) but it's nice that you can also activate it while slaughtering trash mobs for some extra speed.
Last edited by TotalQlimax on Aug 8, 2021, 5:32:14 PM
"
I think it's just the nature of this particular build. It's nothing "wrong" or "bad" or "broken" but we're running with just sap and fortify (MoM doesn't really count since our mana is always kept low) and no block, dodge or anything of the sort.

Here is the problem in my opinion. When you are always out of Mana while you do not have Arcane Cloak up, you are not utilizing the defences/resources properly. So when I'm in the 3 second time period of Arcane Cloak being on cooldown, I make sure to have stored at least 3k Mana in order to have full value of Mind over Matter. Also make sure that you do no run out of Energy Shield, which is basically the reason why I use the Cinderswallow for mapping. The build is played different compared to a no brainer phys cyclone for sure, but you should definitely not being one shot every map when played properly.

Edit: I can understand that for some people this might feel squishy compared to previous league builds which utilize cyclone. But since the "we are immune to everything Flasks" have been heavily nerfed, I assume you have to play the game a bit different now.
Last edited by TotalQlimax on Aug 8, 2021, 5:38:14 PM
"
TotalQlimax wrote:
"

Here is the problem in my opinion. When you are always out of Mana while you do not have Arcane Cloak up, you are not utilizing the defences/resources properly. So when I'm in the 3 second time period of Arcane Cloak being on cooldown, I make sure to have stored at least 3k Mana in order to have full value of Mind over Matter. Also make sure that you do no run out of Energy Shield, which is basically the reason why I use the Cinderswallow for mapping. The build is played different compared to a no brainer phys cyclone for sure, but you should definitely not being one shot every map when played properly.

Edit: I can understand that for some people this might feel squishy compared to previous league builds which utilize cyclone. But since the "we are immune to everything Flasks" have been heavily nerfed, I assume you have to play the game a bit different now.

Oh I'm not criticizing the build at all, I think it's a phenomenal build by all accounts!
But the one shots are coming on full energy shield AND full mana, and usually across the screen. I ran into Vorana in one of my ilvl 84 logbooks (and I had already killed everything else without any issues) and I couldn't even react, full mana, full ES full life = dead as soon as she saw me. Came back, tried to get closer to her with quicksilver (to keep mana for MoM), dead instantly.
Yes, the league nerfed a LOT and as I told you in PM, this build saved the league for me, I was about to quit. But this doesn't have the tank of a full block or max dodge build, it has bulk to take 1-2 large hits and pray to baby jesus you can get out of the way of the next large hits.
"
Its even worth to stack that much lightning pen if you are going to run double ele weaknes+conductivity? Ele pen doesnt work if u put them in negative resistances right?

There is a nice graph on the poe wiki (Link). Penetration does fell off when you already have a lot, but "It can be shown that resistance penetration is more effective in terms of damage dealt against targets with higher resistances" (quote from the wiki).

High Resistance enemies like Sirus, Shaper, Elder, etc. also have a reduced curse effectiveness of 66%, so in these encounters you do not get the full value of the Penetration from your curses.
Can I start league with this build, or is a little expensive?
"
I ran into Vorana in one of my ilvl 84 logbooks (and I had already killed everything else without any issues) and I couldn't even react, full mana, full ES full life = dead as soon as she saw me. Came back, tried to get closer to her with quicksilver (to keep mana for MoM), dead instantly.

On my first Vorana I've faced a similar issue (lvl 84 aswell). I think that Vorana benefits especially from the monster buffs in Logbooks. I figured out that for completing the challenges and in order to avoid ripping your xp, you should simply rush to the boss with your explosions, so that she is not buffed at all. Suddently she felt really weak in the next encounters.

"
Oh I'm not criticizing the build at all, I think it's a phenomenal build by all accounts!

I do not feel criticized by your post :) My comment was not ment to adress you in particular. I just picked the quote for the beginning of my statement. From what I've red so far, I feel like a lot of people are struggling with the defences.
"
Can I start league with this build, or is a little expensive?

The core items rquired are not expensive right now (about 40C). Check out the "Act IX" section from the leveling Guide to see which items are required to get the build started and get into maps. Then move on to the "Starter Gear" section for improving damage and defences.
Last edited by TotalQlimax on Aug 8, 2021, 6:18:12 PM
If you have time can you tell me what I should save up for and buy next?
I currently have everything from POB posted, minus the CDR. I would assume getting that would be my best bet? Then reworking resists?
This build is sicckkk. Keep it up! I didn't know what I was doing before but it's easy as hell now steamrolling red maps.

I've never progressed as far as I have on any build ever. Thanks for the help TotalQlimax!!

Question is: what should I focus on next? I was thinking lab enchants, unless there's something more obvious I can do to push myself deeper into red maps.
Last edited by Nietvam on Aug 8, 2021, 10:54:38 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info