3.15 Boneshatter Theorycraft on how to survive the selfdamage

Try Heavy Strike at level 19. In current PoB that roughly equals Boneshatter's damage percentage at 249%. Also has the same 85% attack speed as Boneshatter.

You just have to add -20% chance to deal double damage to an item, and add the flat added damage from Boneshatter as well.

Then you adjust for trauma the same way, with different values of %more damage.
Conversion ratio is correct but if I were you I'd swap to level 15 vigilant strike, having a different base attack speed is going to lead to wrong math with the number of stacks.

And yep, with multistrike gone stuff about evens out.

That said I had a look into actually using armour, because there was indeed quite a bit of investment into endurance charge stuff, and indeed, so long as the hits stay below a still rather reasonable threshold, the tens of thousands of armour nebuloch can provide will allow for not needing a permanent warcry.

However, to achieve that, 2 Nebuloch's are kinda mandatory, and I wanted the initial take to work without requiring uniques that could be expensive at leaguestart (especially if they'd somehow get popular).

If 2 Nebuloch are used it frees up enough points for considerably more damage (or well, grabbing some resist on the tree to make gearing easier, instead).

That said I'm biased towards brightbeak + mutewind because cheap and the stats there look actually not too shabby. Also QoL from attack speed.

Your regen calcs also seem somewhat off. With fortify and 5% reduced damage taken, at 90% mitigation, effective regen from unbreakable (regeneration after recovering all of the damage taken) is 6% of incoming damage.

With something like 68 stacks at 6 hits per second this grants more than 45k effective life regen (again, that already after subtracting the damage taken) from unbreakable. Ramp time in this scenario is like 20 seconds, however, that is true.
Last edited by EmperorIzaro on Jul 23, 2021, 11:52:15 PM
Edit: Not relevant anymore.
Last edited by Keyen on Jul 24, 2021, 1:22:50 AM
Yep, it's not damage mitigation, and that's the point.

Say, 10.000 incoming damage.

Mitigate 90%, so mitigate 9.000.

Heal for 1.5% of that per second, for 10 seconds, so heal for
135 per second, for ten seconds, so in total, heal for 1.350 life.

Meanwhile, reduce the 1.000 remaining damage by 5% and then multiply by 0.8 (20% less taken from fortify), down to 760.

So you take 760 damage but heal 1350, so you overall heal for 590 life (5.9% of incoming damage).

Rampart has 10% fortify effect though and since I grab it it's instead more like 6.1%.
Last edited by EmperorIzaro on Jul 24, 2021, 12:17:34 AM
Oh, true. However, without life recovery rate, you will take a lot of damage, even with fortify and the -5%, before you ends up gaining life. It may be fine with MS, but it doesn't hurt to get some, because it has extremely potent effect in this build anyway.
Last edited by Keyen on Jul 24, 2021, 12:23:04 AM
Yes, due to how the math ends up working out, life recovery rate is more effective here than it otherwise would be and an obvious choice. But it's not a priority. It doesn't prevent oneshots and baseline regeneration can already be stacked fairly high. Though yep, with, say, 30% recovery rate affecting the previous math, it turns the 6.1% into 10% , more than 60% more regen (rather than just 30), so it's pretty great on paper.

Not sure what can one shot you with 6K2 hp, 90% physical resistance, -20% elemental damage taken, -5% damage taken, and a random CWDT MS at 10K ehp.

A shaper slam at 17K base physical damage will do 2720 damage.
Last edited by Keyen on Jul 24, 2021, 12:35:27 AM
There still are some oneshot mechanics that can kill, Sirus DIE-beam (if MS is on cd) or Atziri's Flameblast (true oneshot) won't be prevented by the Nebulochs mod. But Atziri is undoable bc of reflect anyway.

Good news is the trauma now triggers on-hit effect !

Regen from Unbreakableis around 4,5k per second high end, but when following the endurance charge route you can get some regular, unconditionnal regen to mitigate the first trauma hits.
"
PoitelMarto wrote:
But Atziri is undoable bc of reflect anyway.

If you pick the reduced damage reflected on the tree and yugul, I suspect that reflect maps are doable, even on reds.
Last edited by Keyen on Jul 24, 2021, 6:34:15 AM
If you using brutus stackign str with boneshatter, will taking avatar of fire convert phys dmg taken into fire ?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info