[3.17] strTrader Max Block Bleed Lacerate Gladiator -- League Start & End Game v3.17.03.17.22

"
Frouswordd wrote:
I know that i have to level up,but for some reason i die ALOT even in yellow maps and i have no idea what else to upgrade in terms of survivability ..even if i get more life i feel like im gonna get one shot

I don’t see your character. Maybe you can share your PoB.
There are no words to sway those who will not listen. -- Veritania, the Redeemer

strTrader Max Block Bleed Lacerate Gladiator Guide:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3136830
"
strTrader wrote:
"
hlcrowbar wrote:
https://pastebin.com/5yJua3jH

I made some updates in this PoB: https://pastebin.com/jHwmiv0C

You are slightly under leveled so I increased your character level to 90 and gems to 20/20 to show you the difference. See Edit tree and the following changes and comments (not in any order):

1. For L90: Get Veteran Solider and a jewel socket (for a Pride Watcher's Eye). I didn't include the jewel because I don't know your budget. They are selling for ~1ex.

2. Belt: I flipped the more Maximum and more Minimum values so show you the difference. Since your attack speed is not high enough, you absolutely want to have # more Maximum > more Minimum values. The belt is also not qualitied.

3. Allocated your 4th Ascendancy points to Arena Challenger.

4. Included Vulnerability curse. You can either get it on ring or gloves implicit or hand cast. It will increase your damage significantly (especially on bosses).

5. You should get an helmet enchant. Your helmet can be easily be crafted with Essence of Greed (and with better resistances).

6. You can get physical DoT multiplier as gloves implicit.

7. You can get bleeding you inflict deals damage faster on boots implicit.

8. You can get more spell block on chest implicit. You are over capped in terms of overall resistances and you can balance them out using Harvest resistance swap.

9. Relinked your 6 link. Dropping Swift Affliction for Cruelty, changing Chance to Bleed to Divergent Chance to Bleed (~35c) and changing Lacerate to L21/20 (~5c). The reasoning for dropping Swift Affliction is because your attack speed is too low to maintain 8 stacks of shortened bleeds.

10. Anomalous herald of purity (~15) can provide more survivability.

I think you'd be more comfortable once the above changes are made. There is no quick fix for your life (without more investment).

Thank you for the guidelines, I fixed the skill gems (and got a ring with vulnerability on hit) and I'm working towards the gloves and boots.

I also got a Pride Watcher's Eye.

I still lack some damage/defence for T16's but I'll just keep on working on my items.

Thank you for taking the time :).
Last edited by hlcrowbar on Feb 26, 2022, 12:29:09 PM
I would like to know, what are your fav map, and atlas tree ?

I'm using this atlas tree, considering I will be mapping a lot to grind, but I don't know if it's good or not

I wanna know aswell how I can upgrade my build, apart awakened gems + vermilion rings ( farming them with everything xD)
Well, this is where I'm at with the build so far this league.
My next upgrades are Enlighten for a banner, and a cheap Pride Watcher's Eye
Currently sitting at 75/60 block without Rumi's up.

T16 is no issue. I need to move some resistances around with harvest so I can change my lightning res crafts to lightning + chaos, then I'll be redoing my atlas and attempting to farm at delirium 40.

I'd love to hear input from the bleed community. Thanks str and everyone. :)
I know the amulet isn't ideal, but the corruption is on point, and it saved me three points down at testudo, which I was able to move to life nodes a few levels before I normally would. Unique amulet corruption was the cheapest way I could think of to take advantage of those schwifty gloves that I was able to acquire.

Oh, I fixed the helmet too... and the armor
Last edited by SkaSucks on Mar 1, 2022, 10:50:30 AM
"
strTrader wrote:
"
Dessembrae_ wrote:
Some things I do not understand though. You only put points into endurance charge on kill / frenzy charge on kill, why? Is it because you care only about clearing speed? Wouldn't it make sense to have endurance/ frenzy charge on block for bosses?

My justification is that bosses are more manageable. You don't want to take a hit intentionally to generate charges just to provide more protection for the next hit. I am also using Granite + Vaal Molten Shell (+ Increased Duration) to provide protection. Eventually, you will reach a point where the boss dies within 10-15s so you will have some charges uptime during the fight.

"
Dessembrae_ wrote:
Second, auras. Why run Flesh & Stone? I can see the appeal of a wider lacerate for clearing, but the damage drop is significant, and using blood stance doesn't provide a benefit worth 25% mana since we already maim on bleed. If it's for challenger charges on kill why not use blood&sand + determination? Why isn't it better to run Determination or something like Arctic Armor for defense and stay in blood stance?

Flesh & Stone's maim effect stack with Blood in the Eyes (and also stacks with Maim support if linked to Flesh & Stone). Since we are running Pride, there is no way to fit in Determination. Flesh & Stone also provides blind and increased damage taken. I often use Blood & Sand as a substitute for Flesh & Stone if there isn't enough mana reservation efficiency. If you are pushing for levels, you can use Determinations + Dread Banner instead of Pride and War Banner. I do some toggling during mapping. Sand is enough for Magic packs but sometimes I need to switch to Blood for Rares (or if they didn't die in the explosion). AoE is really good (even in closed spaces). Your gems are not maxed yet, so you can try out Sand later.

Alright, the build is starting to come together. I picked up the gloves with +1lvl and vulnerability, freeing up a ring slot for Guilt. Spell block is at 44% with double enchant from chest. I dropped Unbound Ailments gem and instead picked up +60% duration on Bleed from mastery node so I could grab divergent Chance to Bleed. I still need a better Lacerate gem (Anomalous Lacerate 21/20?), awakened brutality, and if I get lucky, awakened multistrike. If I can roll a +10% mana res efficiency on chest I should be able to gently insert a lubed up Flesh & Stone into the aura list on top of the Pride, Determination, Tempest Shield, and Purity, that I'm currently running.

In short, I think the build is almost complete. Strangely enough, I am res capped already without having to fix up my boots, leaving me with 1x boots slot for fun stuff. Do you have any recommendations on a nice pair of boots I could use if I don't need them for resist/life? I could either grab some fun things, or craft the normal boots and take out the resist points from the passive tree freeing up some things there instead.

"
gork37 wrote:
I would like to know, what are your fav map, and atlas tree ?

I'm using this atlas tree, considering I will be mapping a lot to grind, but I don't know if it's good or not

I wanna know aswell how I can upgrade my build, apart awakened gems + vermilion rings ( farming them with everything xD)

In my opinion, Ambush is really good on the tree. Other than that, you can focus on the contents you want to play. I did Harvest, Harbinger and some boss nodes and later transitioned to Ambush to test it out.

For gear, I think helmet enchant is needed other than what you mentioned. Also, I don't think Fortify on hit is worth it on the chest.
There are no words to sway those who will not listen. -- Veritania, the Redeemer

"
SkaSucks wrote:
Well, this is where I'm at with the build so far this league.
My next upgrades are Enlighten for a banner, and a cheap Pride Watcher's Eye
Currently sitting at 75/60 block without Rumi's up.

T16 is no issue. I need to move some resistances around with harvest so I can change my lightning res crafts to lightning + chaos, then I'll be redoing my atlas and attempting to farm at delirium 40.

I'd love to hear input from the bleed community. Thanks str and everyone. :)
I know the amulet isn't ideal, but the corruption is on point, and it saved me three points down at testudo, which I was able to move to life nodes a few levels before I normally would. Unique amulet corruption was the cheapest way I could think of to take advantage of those schwifty gloves that I was able to acquire.

Oh, I fixed the helmet too... and the armor

You know what you are doing. So my comments will be short:

1. Awakened Gems (Melee/Brutality)
2. Quality on belt/belt enchant
3. L21/20 Lacerate (a little surprised)

Other comments:

Temp Chains is really good defensively and offensively (for bleeding). The attack speed reduction from amulet is made up from weapon and rings. You may be at a point to choose a different amulet anoint since you have decent spell block. Maybe Whispers of Doom + Mark and may be Mark on Hit with Leap Slam. Lots of options for you to consider.

I also think you can push for higher level with the given gear to at least L95+.

"
Dessembrae_ wrote:
I still need a better Lacerate gem (Anomalous Lacerate 21/20?)

Looks like there is only 1 L21/20 Anomalous Lacerate for 3ex which I think is not worth it. We are essentially paying 3ex for 20% increased Physical Damage. If you really want it, buy them (~10c each) and level/Vaal yourself. I never reached there myself even though I included it in the guide.

"
Dessembrae_ wrote:
In short, I think the build is almost complete. Strangely enough, I am res capped already without having to fix up my boots, leaving me with 1x boots slot for fun stuff. Do you have any recommendations on a nice pair of boots I could use if I don't need them for resist/life? I could either grab some fun things, or craft the normal boots and take out the resist points from the passive tree freeing up some things there instead.

These is really no good boots to craft. I have a process on crafting an end-game boots in the guide but that pair is focused on stats/resistances and the only modifier we need is the bleed mod (which wecan get a less powerful one from the Eldritch implicit.

If I were you, I would craft your Vermillion ring with Essence of Delirium for DoT multiplier and fix the resistance through the boots (and don't forgot get the bleed implicit on the boots).

Edit:
Over capped resistance is not entirely useless. It also has the following benefit:

1. Better protection against Elemental Weakness.
2. Better protection against Elemental Penetration (i.e. Shaper balls have 25% cold penetration).

Last edited by strTrader on Mar 1, 2022, 2:04:23 PM
I was glad to see that there is still at least one strong bleed tank build. I stopped playing glad after expedition nerfs but this season it feels pretty strong again.

I went for more defense wth 85% block, determination and +3 max res. Dps is lower, especially with worse gear, but still ok for all content.

Just one reccomendation - using rage support in counterattack setup is pretty usefull for more attack and movement speed.

Also, for strTrader or anyone else playing this build.. Were you able to finish simulacrum 30? I tried it only once without completed gear and got stucked somewhere around 25
"
Mern wrote:
Just one reccomendation - using rage support in counterattack setup is pretty usefull for more attack and movement speed.

Thanks, I will try it out.

"
Mern wrote:
Also, for strTrader or anyone else playing this build.. Were you able to finish simulacrum 30? I tried it only once without completed gear and got stucked somewhere around 25

I was unable to complete 25+ Simulacrum. Physical damage reduction is too high for a non-crit build to overcome.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info