Ultimatum Launch: Server Issues and Streamer Priority

Dear Mr Chris Wilson.....

How Dare you undermine and belittle your Poe Streamers over some garbage 6 year old complaining about streamer priority its disgusting.... have you any idea how much revenue your poe streamers bring in every season Launch with there hundreds of thousands of viewers... of course they should have priority over everyone else because there the one who has are bringing in the revenue..... for years and years your poe streamers have played your game giving you large amounts of your play base and bringing in alot of revenue for free... dedicated to making sure your game succeeds... for free so if I where you i would be apologizing to all the poe streamers re instating there privileges and benefits and also banning everyone from the game for 1 month if they go and rage on these forums about streamer benefits, these poe streamers are your advertising department they do more for the game then anyone of these plebs retards who complain about streamer benefits.... so Chris i would be very careful because all of the those streamers could stop playing game and all of there hundreds of thousands of views would do the same and your game will be dead......

you should be treating your poe streamers like kings they advertise your game bring in thousands of new players every season for free and tell them simple ways which are the best builds and how to play them....

shame on you poe shame on you.....

"
Demonoz wrote:
"
Optimyst wrote:

look what they are doing! they are downvoting a f2p game after having it's first rough league start after 8 years. do we really want such raging behavior in our community?

First rough league start in 8 years? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

This is FAR from the first league launch that was a total disaster. In fact I'm much less surprised by this launch and more surprised by how smooth Ritual launched because this has been an every single league start thing with the exception of a couple leagues. Ever since they went to their hardline every 3 month shit this has been the norm most league starts are shit and you cant play the first day or two....

So... your point is... if we expect bumps and glitches for the first few days of a league every 3 months, then right now people are over-reacting?

So you're agreeing with Demonoz about everything but the claim that Ultimatum is the only rough launch?

Look, I have been playing since open beta, and I agree, to say Ultimatum is the ONLY and FIRST time a league launch was rocky is factually incorrect. Was it Blight that was super crashy? But then also to your point, if we could just expect the launch weekend of a new league to be bumpy, maybe we could all adjust our expectations.

I too am disappointed about Ultimatum's launch, but the toxicity in the community is also unreasonable and entitled, especially for a Free to Play game whose Dev team has historically been pretty transparent with the players.

All that being said, the Streamer priority is unforgivable. I mean, I get that contracts make it a legal issue, but maybe just say that, and ask the Streamers to disclose that too. A legal disclaimer could at least let folks know the preferential treatment isn't personal.
"
booneexile wrote:
"
RedwoodCoast wrote:
UPDATE: Server stability issue appears fixed. Be careful with your database page sizes, people.

OMG page size!!!! I've lived this nightmare a few times now Wonder!
That explains the weird rollbacks from my end.

I'm surprised they didn't find this sooner. The disconnects and rollbacks all strongly pointed towards database issues - particularly page files / transaction logs. I mentioned this to my girlfriend a few hours after the fiasco began but assumed it had to be something else with how long the issue dragged on.

Lol! Genius PoE player knew the issue the whole time. Ok dude.
Last edited by modestmeister on Apr 17, 2021, 5:11:54 PM
When it comes to the streamers, the money spent on those play campaigns actually did more harm to your brand than good. In a way, it's worse than just "setting fire to a big pile of money." That money that went to the streamers ended up bringing a negative light to the PoE brand, so it's almost like making an anti-investment or anti-advertisement. It's worse than just cutting your losses and wasting the money.

Not only did it to damage to your brand, but the streamers were getting a lot of crap about it too in their chats. I remember Mathil even outright telling one of his viewers to go f*ck themselves. (Speaking of, I was always on the fence about Mathil. After yesterday, I'm 100% sure that I don't want to watch him.)

My question: When you's realized that giving streamers priority was having a negative effect, did anybody suggest pulling the plug on them? If so, I think it would have been wise to listen to that person.

One more thing to add:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=15HTd4Um1m4
"
RoGPRAETOR wrote:
Is just me or the fix did not fix anything ? I'm still getting disconnect every time I change the map.

+1
Best way to discover colors for your loot filter
https://pixlr.com/editor/ | IGN: Spear
CPU: Intel Core i7-6700K @ 4.0Ghz | GPU: Radeon Series | OS: Windows 10 Home 64-bit
Mouse: Steelseries Rival | KB: Corsair K70 RGB | Monitor: Acer Predator
"
Akymo86 wrote:
"
RoGPRAETOR wrote:
Is just me or the fix did not fix anything ? I'm still getting disconnect every time I change the map.

+1

+1
"
CrazyCdn wrote:
Please, with the horrible launch that was yesterday DO NOT do what you just did like 30 minutes ago and restart the servers for an update WITHOUT posting a 5-10 minute warning. I just lost progress AGAIN after you claimed to have solved the issues.

Yep, me too!

Lost a map, a Zana map device craft, upgraded essences from corrupting a monster, and 3 Alva rooms.

Essence of corruption was returned to me, though, as if I'd plugged in all the shit for the map and opened it, but then just sat around and didn't go in it.

The in-game notifications of Realm shut-downs, etc. are great. Use them!
The great irony here is that you were paying streamers to showcase your game, but instead of showcasing the game for what it is (2h queue time at league start) you wanted to showcase it as something greater than it really was.

That big pile of money you should've "set on fire" would've been a testament to the quality of servers. Now it's a reminder that if you make a mistake you need to own up to it.

Empyrean is going through the same thing as he continually tries to remove clips of him, but they continually keep popping back up.

#resettheleague

Edit: If they're willing to give priority to big-time streamers who make them more money, what makes you think they wouldn't increase drop rates for them? When you step away from the fan-boying and try to look at it objectively, it seems more and more possible they'd do this to increase player count/viewers.
Last edited by ShadeyShadow on Apr 17, 2021, 5:26:04 PM
Guys , we are getting side tracked a bit because of trolls and white knights in the tread .They have nothing better to do so ignore them .
For most of us streamer queue priority was bit aggravating but not a deal breaker .
For most of us rocky launch ( lol ) is pretty normal at this point . I MEAN ALOT OF US ARE HERE SINCE BETA .
For most of us THO all of the above combined with rampant CHEATING - duping items , inability to play at all AND hearing GGG say again fairness is important and doing nothing to ensure this ....
IGN: Egveen
"
TrueKizambo wrote:
It's pointless to write something here. More effective ruin the game rating at Steam or Metacritic.
Probably then GGG will start to think about consiquences.

i will do. for years i promoted this game to every friend. i even tried to convince people that are not arpg players to try it for years.
the last 18 hours flipped this for 180degree.

my trust in this game and the company-leadership (nothing again the devs. it's all about chris here!) are shattered to the basement. i am actually only making negative promotion and warn every friend to play this because of obvious facts.

i have enough done and invested into this game. today i've seen what i am for chris: a 2nd class player that is treated like shit and should pay.
this time it's enough. suffer ggg!
Last edited by aHz1984 on Apr 17, 2021, 5:20:34 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info