Extremely Slow Queue Processing

they have so much time to do right, but no again we're the beta testers league
You may want to introduce a new achievement:

"Reached waypoints in new areas on release day"
"
Gondalen wrote:

you and me we may not be intrested in racing, but there are players that are, what u think this queue bypass means?!

It means that GGG has committed a cardinal sin with this launch. Namely, they've broken "the illusion of merit" and have been caught picking winners. There's knowing the odds always favor the house, then there's catching someone playing with loaded dice that the house provided to them. Big difference.
Can we go back to when PoE was just 1 act long please? Still more content than most of players experienced today...

and the servers were stable :)
Ultimatum League User Experience: An exercise in Cathartic Ranting.

1: From league start at 9pm GMT to 3:59am GMT (that's 7 hrs I could have been asleep and at least have had a nightmare I could laugh about) my character logged a whopping game time of 2hrs 55min. At least 15min of that was repeating content rolled back by disconnecting.

2: The Meta shift to Deterministic Queuing is clearly working as intended. After sitting in queues for 4hrs 5min, persevering through multiple points of failure, I was rewarded with game time ranging from around 15 min maximum down to seconds at the lowest.

Conclusion: This just sucks.

It sucks to know that I tell myself I'm getting value when I buy your supporter packs, promoted by oh so slick trailers.

It sucks when I look at your MTX, especially wings, a single solitary in game asset, that basically costs as much as a whole game. And no, I don't give a damn about what other companies do or don't charge.

It sucks when you tell me how much work you have put into constantly making changes, when so many of those changes are really just busy work. Because balance means making any popular skill or mechanic weaker, while adding more and more obfuscated interactions, or just no interactions at all. Which is only reasonable, as all players get the PoE wiki side loaded directly into the frontal cortex when they make a PoE account. Don't They? I recall the rush of the installation was something akin to the immense joy I feel slamming the rarest currencies that I never find onto the equally bountiful mirror tier items the game shits out of every piece of content. Truly blissful. Maybe I should just watch more streamers while I queue?

It sucks that Investment of Currency, Time and Skill seem to have been confused with PAIN, Disappointment and Torture.

The only complaint I don't want to chime in on is the Streamer privilege issue. I streamed Kay Gaming the whole time and she was definitely suffering along with me. I was half way through act 2 and she still hadn't made it to Brutus. Then again, audience and platform weighting maybe?

I'd pontificate more about how much you disappoint me right now, but I'm going to eat my last Scotch Egg and drink a strong craft beer. Nothing like sleeping on a full stomach to get a good sleep in.

Cheers GGG.
Last edited by petesafool on Apr 17, 2021, 12:33:43 AM
Up and running for everyone now??
(Steam)MickeyDankMouse
(PSN)MickeyDankMouse
(Xbox)MickeyDankMouse
-MickeyDankMouse-
The reality is, unplanned events occur, contingencies in these events table a number of immediate actions including troubleshooting for resolution and clear communication to those affected.

In this instance with no communication or perceived resolution, not only credibility but potential revenue and total player base decreases with every passing moment.
Login Error
The operation timed out

fail league
☠️
1) Disconnects get less frequent as players leave the server, so it should be clear now that the problem is related to server load or some repeating server action.

2) Disconnects happen mostly when transitioning from one instance to another, either teleporting to city or switching maps. Of course the server is having problem when creating new area instances. Btw, cities are very laggy since last league.

3) Often dcs happen when switching stash tabs. Before disconnecting, one could observe that certain tabs do not load properly.

4) Instances are not crashing at all. When dc'ing, player get a last minute (maybe 1 to 15 minutes?) rollback.

5) Dcs are duplicating items!!!!!! I did trade a lot of stuff when playing with my friends a few hours, and often trade itens come back when crashing.

Is it that hard to find where de problem is? I mean, 7 hour is not enough for you to get a test server up and do some simulations? No debug info available yet? No logs were generated? Why are players getting disconnected? Maybe the problem is not trivial to solve but, have you ever find the problem?

Not a life at stake here, but that is really unexpected coming from a company such as yours (or at least the one you used to be a couple years ago).

People get mad here. Hope you fix stuff, apologize, and get this league the fresh start it deserves.
im here with u guys ;
#act1

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info