Whirling Blades

I am truly amazed this skill does not work with duel wield. Beyond the fact that this skill has horrible desync issues and pretty high mana cost, it has a damage effectiveness penalty. Leap slam doesn't even have that penalty... This skill COULD be a claw, dagger, sword AoE but instead is just mobility skill and a terrible one cause it will get you killed on desync. I believe the skill should use both weapons and this would become viable. Assuming desync gets fixed as well.

"
Cruxation wrote:
I am truly amazed this skill does not work with duel wield.
It does
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
"
Cruxation wrote:
It does

It's pretty obvious what he meant, it doesn't benefit from having 2 weapons like other DW friendly attacks(cleave and dual strike), it works the same as every other skill that doesn't require a 2H, it only uses one weapon at a time so the damage isn't really good even when DWing other than the innate benefits of DWing(speed, but that comes at the usual cost of losing a shield).

Been asked a lot in this thread for WB to work with DW. New skill coming to fix the issue though hopefully, but this easily could have been the claw/dagger aoe if it supported DW like Cleave does. It can be used as such in a 1H+shield setup but the damage is too low considering the unreliable nature of the thin line aoe with mobs desyncs issues, and its own chance to desync the player himself every now and then especially when spammed.

It is definitely a great skill, but it could have been better. Still my favorite for movement though, Leap Slam jumps ledges and stuff but WB can actually be used to escape from stuff reliably. It's just not very good as a damage ability.
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
"
Cruxation wrote:
It does

Mark would you mind sharing with us your plans with WB? Since currently the desync issues are way to severe for it be useful.

So please enlighten us with your plans on how to "fix" this skill.

Best Regards!

/T
IGN: Azatooth or Xploding
"
PyrosEien wrote:
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
"
Cruxation wrote:
It does

It's pretty obvious what he meant, it doesn't benefit from having 2 weapons like other DW friendly attacks(cleave and dual strike), it works the same as every other skill that doesn't require a 2H, it only uses one weapon at a time so the damage isn't really good even when DWing other than the innate benefits of DWing(speed, but that comes at the usual cost of losing a shield).
^^This. It works as in you are able to use it, It is so evident we were not talking about that that your answer means you didn't read the whole thread and other related questions or you're trolling, but then you have yellow post, so I'll give you the benefit of the doubt. It doesn't work as in you don't have any benefit/it doesn't matter that you are dual wielding. In fact it's worst with dual wielding because the most damaging weapon is not always chosen.
Last edited by Aerinx on Mar 7, 2013, 8:38:34 AM
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
"
Cruxation wrote:
It does

I'm sorry I wasn't clear but other people have described what I meant to say. The name, concept,a nd execution of this skill would lead anyone to believe that a skill like this would utilize BOTH weapons simulataneously while duel wielding. The name "Whirling BladeS" should be changed to whirling blade. This skill only uses one weapon at once while others like cleave you use both. Hopefully you see this post as well as the first Mark. I really think this skill could be the claw and dagger AoE people want (at least one of them) but as mentioned before there are two real problem IMO.

1) Desync. I won't harp on this and I know you must be well aware by now but even as a skill purely used for mobility it skill isn't safe due to constant desync.

2) Duel Wield. Everything about this skill would lead be to believe duel wielding would yield a single attack uses both weapons whirling through enemies but instead I use one weapon chosen at random with a small attack speed increase.

A design question I have is why leap slam does not have a "damage effectiveness modifier" but this skill does. This seems overly penalizing even though I know it was buffed recently I can't say I've come across anyone saying leap slam is OP.

What I enjoy most in a game is mobility. This skill is really nice but because of the desync I can't enjoy it. Each time I think "Oh, I want to play this build!" I immediatelly lose all my excitement as I realize I will get desynced and die.

This issue drives me off from Path of Exile, which saddens me because I know I could really enjoy it so much more.

Please do what you can to fix the mobility-skills in this game!
This skill needs to change.
I have a lot of attack speed and can sustain the attack but the movement on it literally hurts my head. Going back the forth super fast isn't fun.

Whirling blade should not be used as an mobility as no one uses it for mobility anyways since they would always use Leap Slam instead.

This skill needs to change into basically.. Whirlwind. This skill should be completely revamped.

Edit: The idea is there, but in the end, it's not an ability you can spam since the movement on it is too quick. I don't see how anyone would not get a headache holding down this skill.
ign: Lavona, Lavon
Last edited by Midokun on Mar 7, 2013, 12:25:00 PM
"
Midokun wrote:
This skill needs to change.
I have a lot of attack speed and can sustain the attack but the movement on it literally hurts my head. Going back the forth super fast isn't fun.

Whirling blade should not be used as an mobility as no one uses it for mobility anyways since they would always use Leap Slam instead.

This skill needs to change into basically.. Whirlwind. This skill should be completely revamped.

Edit: The idea is there, but in the end, it's not an ability you can spam since the movement on it is too quick. I don't see how anyone would not get a headache holding down this skill.

I think this post is kinda funny... but only because the part that attracts me most is how quickly you can move using it.

What it should do is while holding the shift bar or targeting something, if you hold it down, Whirling Blades would dash back and forth (direction doesn't really matter) through the target. This would eliminate you having to move the mouse back and worth all the time when you're just trying to kill something with it.

And yeah...the damage on this skill still sucks though, so there's that. It should work with DW. DW needs some love and there's an easy solution right there. When not targeting something with the button held, it could still be used for mobility. Just my 2 cents as a game designer.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info