129917.67%
Properties and mysteries of the Watchstones
140819.15%
Dangers of exploring the unknown
168522.92%
Temptation of the Atlas and its consequences
172923.51%
Poll closed
You guys have completely lost the plot, you Don't give a damn about your playerbase. Two thirds wanted a magic watchstone, so how the hell have you come up with a unique one? You just do whatever the hell you want, I really think there needs to be a change at GGG...

Last edited by IcedInferno007 on Mar 9, 2021, 8:12:20 PM
"
You guys have completely lost the plot, you Don't give a damn about your playerbase. Two thirds wanted a magic watchstone, so how the hell have you come up with a unique one? You just do whatever the hell you want, I really think there needs to be a change at GGG...

The community did technically choose what they wanted. But the metric in which that was decided was not well executed.

It's not whatever the hell they wanted, the issue was that there was no poll prior to it that chose between unique or magic watch stone, then split off from that point. You're getting upset, and reasonably so, but you failed to see the cause of what actually made the decision.

The voting options were designed poorly. They split the voter base for the magic watchstones by providing 4 options for magic, and 2 options for unique, therefore anyone who wanted a unique watchstone would pick from one of the 2, and those that wanted a magic watchstone would have to pick from 1 of 4.

The community managers inadvertently used the political tactic of division of a voterbase with the lack of tiered voting or a preliminary vote to determine the base.

this game is like a living organism. I love it!
:)
Last edited by DreamsofNax on May 16, 2021, 5:41:04 AM
i dont understand this poll #3
'Legacy of the Watchers of Decay' is the only option that promises to reveal more lore. All the others will likely just give us something fairly generic.
"
"

The community did technically choose what they wanted. But the metric in which that was decided was not well executed.

It's not whatever the hell they wanted, the issue was that there was no poll prior to it that chose between unique or magic watch stone, then split off from that point. You're getting upset, and reasonably so, but you failed to see the cause of what actually made the decision.

The voting options were designed poorly. They split the voter base for the magic watchstones by providing 4 options for magic, and 2 options for unique, therefore anyone who wanted a unique watchstone would pick from one of the 2, and those that wanted a magic watchstone would have to pick from 1 of 4.

The community managers inadvertently used the political tactic of division of a voterbase with the lack of tiered voting or a preliminary vote to determine the base.

In other words, the Spoiler Effect. But whatever. Nations choose presidents / prime ministers using the same method, so I'd hardly hold it against them doing the same here. It likely wasn't intentional, just a default poll design.
"
Exile009 wrote:
"
"

In other words, the Spoiler Effect. But whatever. Nations choose presidents / prime ministers using the same method, so I'd hardly hold it against them doing the same here. It likely wasn't intentional, just a default poll design.

Its somewhat ridiculous seeing as the choices are logically capable of being flowchartable, yes it takes one more poll, and if there was a timeline required to reach a conclusion then i could see it somewhat mattering, but to have an obvious binary choice seems like a lack of knowledge of the game mechanics or of how the votes would be tallied. Both of which, if lacking, is bad for the image of community management for the game.
"
Tuminure wrote:
"
The community has decided on 'Any Unique Watchstone'.!
This happens when you can't create good polls and/or can't read results. 36.3% voted for unique watchstone and 63.7% voted for magic watchstone so the community wants magic watchstone. Not the unique.

Agreed.
Everyone frantically scrambling for how they can force hack GGG into making them more powerful than anyone who doesn't know about the card... and freaking out that they dont know what the options mean.... uhhh guys... you're voting on the concept for the lore, Jesus; it's not that hard to understand.
Last edited by Busdriver_Jow on Mar 9, 2021, 10:13:29 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info