[3.16] Fire Lacerate | Oni-Goroshi | Lacerate Chieftain | 10M+ DPS | Boss Killer | Starter friendly

"
Fire309 wrote:
Will this build be updated for 3.15 once patch notes come out? I don't think there's any preliminary nerfs to this build outside of general damage nerfs in the manifesto (like flask/support gem nerfs).

I will try to update if possible. For now I am wondering the defensive layer will be enough or not for high tier maps since fortify is the only factor and it got nerf heavily.
Last edited by jasonl1213 on Jul 21, 2021, 7:36:40 AM
"
jasonl1213 wrote:
"
Fire309 wrote:
Will this build be updated for 3.15 once patch notes come out? I don't think there's any preliminary nerfs to this build outside of general damage nerfs in the manifesto (like flask/support gem nerfs).

I will try to update if possible. For now I am wondering the defensive layer will be enough or not for high tier maps since fortify is the only factor and it got nerf heavily.

Shouldn't we be fine in that respect, since we never really scaled fortify effect and the fortify effect we did get on the tree (Rampart) wasn't nerfed? I guess the Fortify gem could be less viable as part of our main 6L now since we may want to focus on better damage supports with the overall damage nerfs, though in that case we could just move it to our whirling blades/leapslam.

I think I might league start with this build, since there weren't any specific nerfs to it, Lacerate itself got a buff, and Her Embrace gives freeze/chill/burn immunity that we can't get easily from flasks/ascendancies anymore. Also isn't affected by movespeed/movement skill nerfs since we use Whirling Blades anyway.

Edit: Also btw, you can save 2 points in the skill tree by pathing this way near marauder start: http://poeurl.com/dlti

Same notables and life, just 2 less travelling nodes.
Last edited by Fire309 on Jul 21, 2021, 2:30:24 PM
"
Fire309 wrote:
"
jasonl1213 wrote:
"
Fire309 wrote:

Shouldn't we be fine in that respect, since we never really scaled fortify effect and the fortify effect we did get on the tree (Rampart) wasn't nerfed? I guess the Fortify gem could be less viable as part of our main 6L now since we may want to focus on better damage supports with the overall damage nerfs, though in that case we could just move it to our whirling blades/leapslam.

I think I might league start with this build, since there weren't any specific nerfs to it, Lacerate itself got a buff, and Her Embrace gives freeze/chill/burn immunity that we can't get easily from flasks/ascendancies anymore. Also isn't affected by movespeed/movement skill nerfs since we use Whirling Blades anyway.

Edit: Also btw, you can save 2 points in the skill tree by pathing this way near marauder start: http://poeurl.com/dlti

Same notables and life, just 2 less travelling nodes.

Yes, those immunity will be much more important and valuable in current situation where most of the immunity from flask and ascendancy got nerfed heavily.

If fortify needs to be replaced, some other measures should be taken to prevent dying instantly, especially when CWDT setup got nerfed also. Im not sure if putting fortify into whirling blades will it cause a tight mana usage. Now I'm thinking the new banner which seems decent for a compensation, though mana reservation needs to be calculated again and maybe need to drop 1 aura.

And huge thanks for your rerouting on the skill tree, thats so good for getting 10 more int which this build lack of. I will update it altogether when I have idea on how to modify this build for 3.15. Really great appreciation for the opinion, poe community are so great haha LOL.
Last edited by jasonl1213 on Jul 21, 2021, 9:49:11 PM
I'm probably gonna run this build as my league start, so I've been tinkering around in PoB (updated all flasks/gems etc. to 3.15):

https://pastebin.com/RdP9stHZ

The major change I made was going Slayer instead of Chieftain. Reasons why:

- Same damage or better (if you discount Chieftain's inconsistent Ngamahu's ascendancy buff)
- Same attack speed
- Built in overleech (no need for Offering to Serpent gloves)
- More AoE
- Still 90% conversion to fire with Magmatic strikes (skill tree) and Xophs Blood, and tbh 100% is unnecessary, though we could probably get that too
- (the biggest thing) less reliance on ancestor totems for attack speed

Slayer also has attack leech just like Chieftain.

I also made a no-cluster skill tree for both ascendancies if you want to check those out.

Honestly, the damage nerf is bad, but the build had overkill damage before so it's not a big deal. I'll probably still keep Fortify in the main 6L, the damage loss is only like 8%. Not sure if Melee Physical Damage is a good idea now with its 10% less attack speed, so I changed around the gem setup a little.

This is probably the setup I'll be running, feel free to critique.

Last edited by Fire309 on Jul 21, 2021, 10:51:44 PM
Hey, for the Slayerversion, is there a levelingtree? i´m not that good in this game so i would need something like that. i can farm Oni-Goroshi by myself, but the rest could be really hard. And the next question is: can we still farm good with this? the atkspd nerfs seems to hit this build hard, so i´m not sure to start this^^
Would it be viable to replace the Portal gem with Enduring Cry, and pick up Call to Arms in the tree for instant-use?
Hey, so I went Slayer version as a starter this league and everything seems pretty good till now except mana sustain - now that triggers cost mana, CWDT trigger often leaves me OOM which usually means death. Any tips how to fix mana issues? I already use enduring flask and ring with mana leech - no idea what to do next
"
Xenoad wrote:
Hey, for the Slayerversion, is there a levelingtree? i´m not that good in this game so i would need something like that. i can farm Oni-Goroshi by myself, but the rest could be really hard. And the next question is: can we still farm good with this? the atkspd nerfs seems to hit this build hard, so i´m not sure to start this^^

Sorry that Im quite busy in the coming few weeks so I do not have time to path it. However I could tell you the general levelling path.

1. Go through the crossway where combat control is, then continue to move past versatility.
2. Grab Magmatic strike first for fire conversion.
3. Go back where the crossway is, move downward to get all the damage nodes at the bottom.
4. Back to left side and Holy dominion and divine fervour.

The rest just fill it depends on your situation, if you die a lot then life nodes first.
"
PCGamer1009 wrote:
Would it be viable to replace the Portal gem with Enduring Cry, and pick up Call to Arms in the tree for instant-use?

You can, just change it depends in your needs as long as it does not affect the core mechanism on the build. Feel free to change some nodes to suit yours.

"
Jayleen wrote:
Hey, so I went Slayer version as a starter this league and everything seems pretty good till now except mana sustain - now that triggers cost mana, CWDT trigger often leaves me OOM which usually means death. Any tips how to fix mana issues? I already use enduring flask and ring with mana leech - no idea what to do next

The only mana leech from both slayer and chieftain version is 'Fuel the Fight' node from cluster jewel. If you cant sustain then try to find similar mods in rings, amulet or jewels

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info