[3.16] ❄️ Peak Performance Ice Shot Deadeye ❄️ | Deceivingly Tanky | Start>Endgame

It's nice to have it confirmed that the claw mastery in the guide is underwhelming. I thought I might've been missing something, but I guess OP was making a weird decision?

I was level 78 when I posted and chose the leech mastery on gut instinct, it's fine, btw, if anyone's wondering. And allowed me to unallocate the 0.4 mana leech node in the bottom of the tree, saving me a point.

Currently at level 83, I may be dead broke (it cost me about 400 fusings to 5 link my hyrri's ire lol) but I'm managing 110k dps without any of the build's essential uniques, just flasks and a 5-link and some random rares (6-link hyrris, asenath's, voidfletcher are all missing atm). Bonus advice: self-cast hydrosphere if you don't have asenath's. The damage boost on single targets is worth the extra button press.
Last edited by Droogen on Nov 24, 2021, 3:51:41 AM
"
Nobody7090 wrote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BzlLobyC5Mc&t=7s

With this you one shot every boos in the game i have tested it

Body Armour + Gloves you use this
and
Bow Clear Ice Shot setup
Head Hydro setup
Boots Aura's

Ah the void charges sharing mechanic, tried it once, but it's extremely hardware intensive when playing (would probably fry my GPU tbh). Pretty good bossing strategy though if that's what you mostly care about. That build however needs the proper totem setup before actually dealing those damage, which is abit of a hindrance when mapping.

"
TurboDymoMan wrote:
I can't fit all the auras, I have helmet enchant for herald of ice, but i checked with skitter bots and still can't fit.

Hatred: 25%
Herald of ice: 14,29%
Skitterbots: 45,5%
Aspect of Krab: 25%
Precision: 32 mana

What am I missing????

You're supposed to use Aspect of the Crab only on bosses that's heavily phys damage by turning off Herald of Ice, but your enchant wouldn't allow that swap because otherwise it would allow a 25% to 25% swap. You can leave it out in the mean time.

"
magick2 wrote:
for more damage is it spam from ensnaring arrow or once snaring and then ice shot?

Just one stack of ensnaring is needed for the added damage. Best used on bosses that don't move / move by teleporting then standing still, since snares breaks off when enemies move a certain unit.

"
PhantomSword wrote:
Will this build eventually be able to do Heist, Incursions, Delve, Harvest, and Scourge (Nightmare Shifts)? Currently can't do any, on Act 7 atm (assumed I won't be able to do Harvest). I do a lot of damage, but get one-shot by everything that moves

Just have a look at the videos posted and judge its potential yourself, and see if it's what you're looking for or not. Can't say much about Delve, since I don't like doing it much, but the rests the build can comfortably do. Did Scourge up to 200+, but also didn't like doing it (too much chance of cons vs pros), so didn't push further than that.

"
Droogen wrote:
Regarding Claw Mastery:

Is enemy-hit life/mana really better than 1% attack damage leech; 20% blind on crit; or 6% frenzy/power charge generation on kill? The leech in particular seems like it should be better vs single targets, which are the things that're most likely to kill ya. And frenzy/power charge generation should be far better for clearing trash mobs.

Some of it is covered by the other guy, but let's break it down. You can get blind on hit from abyss jewel, frenzy/power charge generation on kill won't replace the build's charge generation as it won't function during bosses without monsters. Life leech is obtained from Replica Hyrri's amulet, and mana leech on the single point of the tree.

10 Life / 5 mana gain on hit may seem small on paper, but during mapping where you're hitting multiple mobs in quick successions, that number scales alot. Take 10 monsters hit per attack, that's 100 life recovered. At 5 attacks per second, that's 500 life recovered in an instant (not counting regen or lifeleech). Flat Life recovery on hit for fast attacking / multiple hitting build is an extremely strong recovery mechanics because it's similar to Vaal Pact (instant life gain) but does not change regen mechanics. It is why Vitality watcher's eye mod 'life gain on hit' is priced quite high.

Ultimately though, that mastery is not critical to the build, if you think it's worthwhile to save that one passive node from mana leech for other stats then go for it.
My Youtube channel guide:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCuOAAZyUPDtInV9UDiH4BBw
Last edited by mantol456 on Nov 24, 2021, 6:02:19 AM
"
mantol456 wrote:
"
Nobody7090 wrote:

10 Life / 5 mana gain on hit may seem small on paper, but during mapping where you're hitting multiple mobs in quick successions, that number scales alot. Take 10 monsters hit per attack, that's 100 life recovered. At 5 attacks per second, that's 500 life recovered in an instant (not counting regen or lifeleech). Flat Life recovery on hit for fast attacking / multiple hitting build is an extremely strong recovery mechanics because it's similar to Vaal Pact (instant life gain) but does not change regen mechanics. It is why Vitality watcher's eye mod 'life gain on hit' is priced quite high.

Ultimately though, that mastery is not critical to the build, if you think it's worthwhile to save that one passive node from mana leech for other stats then go for it.

Would it be rude to suggest that you add some break-points in your PoB build, then? The instant gain with on-hit is great if you don't need leech because you already have BIS-gear, but most people that're playing this (since you advertise as start>endgame) won't have ideal gear for a while.

I really appreciate that OP is still monitoring this thread... I mean, it's really awesome! But the guide takes some tweaking if you're not rich before level 80+. I mean, I may be immensely unlucky, but I spent all my chaos on buying fusings for a 5-link Ire... AND this wasn't my starter build, so I had some currency saved before I attempted this (though I was unlucky and didn't get any ex on that first build).

For example: Getting an Asenath's before Ire is like 80 chaos vs 10 chaos. Who does that? All your flasks all have supreme harvest mods on them, which are kinda silly to expect a beginner to have. etc.
"
Droogen wrote:
"
mantol456 wrote:
"
Nobody7090 wrote:

Would it be rude to suggest that you add some break-points in your PoB build, then? The instant gain with on-hit is great if you don't need leech because you already have BIS-gear, but most people that're playing this (since you advertise as start>endgame) won't have ideal gear for a while.

I really appreciate that OP is still monitoring this thread... I mean, it's really awesome! But the guide takes some tweaking if you're not rich before level 80+. I mean, I may be immensely unlucky, but I spent all my chaos on buying fusings for a 5-link Ire... AND this wasn't my starter build, so I had some currency saved before I attempted this (though I was unlucky and didn't get any ex on that first build).

For example: Getting an Asenath's before Ire is like 80 chaos vs 10 chaos. Who does that? All your flasks all have supreme harvest mods on them, which are kinda silly to expect a beginner to have. etc.

To get easy 6L have a 6 socket item, colour it, make it a 4L then have it corrupt (use the beast craft). Toss a few tainted fusing at it, if it drops below 4L use your bench to set it back to 4. Pretty cheap and easy way to do it.

Got this guy today :D

fun build so far.
"
Droogen wrote:

Nah it's not rude at all, I welcome the feedbacks. Unfortunately there's a few reasons why I won't cover them in my guide.

- Players skills & ingame knowledge exists on a curve, some would need abit more explanation on mechanics and some wouldn't. I try to cover the keypoints and not to go too in-depth as any changes to the game would require me to adjust my guide, so long guide = more effort to change & re-write. The past few leagues has also not been kind in that sense. It's also why I don't cover much on leveling, because I could blaze through the campaign in less than a day (some would even speedrun in <5 hours), so it doesn't feel worth it to cover so much on it, which admittedly is something veteran players would look over but new players would look for.

- Players 'currency generating' skills also exists in a curve. I played the build this league on leaguestart, when you start with 0 currency and where most gears are very expensive still in the first week (Asenath's Chant at 1.3ex, Replica Hyrri's amulet at 1 ex, Hyrri's chest at almost 1 ex, etc.) and I got through fine, not even relying on exalt drops and only doing chaos recipes and such. Not to mention that some money making methods works better during leaguestart, some after 1 week-1 month, etc. so that's a whole other syllabus to cover. Sure having the currencies to spend on all those at once would be nice, but realistically I need to aim for whats good in the cost/performance ratio upgrades.

- It would also be difficult (and lengthy) to account for multiple scenario of player's experience, for example some may got a lucky well-rolled bow upgrade early on, so that player might want to spend his/her currency on more defensive upgrade, so on and so forth. It's also why I put the recommended gear progression as a recommendation only and mentioned that it's flexible depending on market rate of the items.

All in all you also have to understand that what you consider as 'some currencies saved over' & 'start>endgame' definition differs from person to person, relative to their skills & in-game knowledge. So again I wrote the build as a 'guidepost' on certain aspects and leave it to the players to adjust to them / away from them on their own, and just answer the occasional questions regarding it if they need some clarifications.

p.s. Not sure what are the supreme harvest mods on the flasks that you're talking about, they're just normal mods that can be rolled with alteration orbs. Again, plan your upgrades based on cost/performance ratio vs your budget, and take the build guide as an endgoal that you slowly work on towards rather than a required template that you must have before playing the build. Asenath's Chant is however a huge priority, as you get to autocast Hydrosphere & Sniper's Mark, which is a huge QOL boosts for the build.

"
motokorth wrote:

Got this guy today :D

fun build so far.

Cheers, looks to be a decent endgame bow. But if you're ever thinking of upgrading, always try to compare in POB.
Last edited by mantol456 on Nov 25, 2021, 4:51:06 AM
"
Crayto wrote:
Hi, this might sound like a stupid question. I'm returning to POE after a long time and have only played standard league. Can I use this build for standard league or is it applicable for Scourge league only? Thank you in advance.

Sure you can play in either league, usually the question is the other way around. Not sure about the economy situation in standard though, I don't play there.
Hello everyone,

Just today got done re-rolling from previous build to test this. The damage and clear is great but my defensive really needs some help. I feel like i fall over too easily. Appreciate any help.

pob - https://pastebin.com/445D37St
This build getting better everyday! For now 62 mln DPS on sirius 9 its so epic

here is my POB:

https://pastebin.com/h45uxJe0

If creator will agree i can record killing sirius, maven and any other boss except u.atziri and aul.

Items on my char:

I swap evasion potion to onslaught for bosses, realy worth it, just dot get sirius hit You and burst him to death :)
"
Weatherboy420 wrote:
Hello everyone,

Just today got done re-rolling from previous build to test this. The damage and clear is great but my defensive really needs some help. I feel like i fall over too easily. Appreciate any help.

pob - https://pastebin.com/445D37St

It looks like another build, You lack many important items. Forst of all your spell supresion chance is only 30 %, second You dont generate Endurance charges, another think you dont have brutal restraint that very often roll chance to blind, you dont pick ghost dance, there is no immortal call, bro this is one big mess and most squishi glass canon i ever saw. Chceck my POB, its one post up, i easly do maven and sirius 9 deathles. (on maven im lazy and dont do memory game so i just spent portal for this one). Work on it and You will be very happy. Its only 200-300 exalts i think :D

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info