[3.16] ❄️ Peak Performance Ice Shot Deadeye ❄️ | Deceivingly Tanky | Start>Endgame

"
Aqilix wrote:
Is it worth picking up a Watcher's Eye with just gain a flask charge on crit strike without it having a hatred mod (they are like 70ish C rn), or should I skip it and come back to it when I can afford a better one?

Most likely skip first, but it all depends on you. Are you stuck on DPS / Survivability? Is it due to your flasks running out? Relatively speaking, what's your other improvement paths, and how much do they costs instead?

It's all about gradual increments and managing your resources.

My Youtube channel guide:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCuOAAZyUPDtInV9UDiH4BBw
so, what is the alternate for Cold Stacking Bow?
"
Jeybek wrote:
so, what is the alternate for Cold Stacking Bow?

Cold-dex stacking bow is still BIS.

But I did propose a weaker (but still better than Death's Opus) bow craft few pages back, you can have a look see if it's acceptable for you.
What's ur single target setup?
"
rosti6655 wrote:
What's ur single target setup?

Hello, please read through the guide. The build doesn't have a separate single target setup.
Great guide!

I agree with a lot of the advice minus maybe a few gear/stat choices, but that's because I prefer higher DPS over tankiness.

I've played Ice Shot for two leagues now and at first thought Hydrosphere was a gimmick skill (it sucks in early maps, feels like it does nothing), but later on it scales extremely well for map bosses. Ice Shot produces enough DPS to kill all map bosses with Hydrosphere. Culling Strike Support is POG!!!

I'm running a variant/hybrid of this build based on the two other guides.

https://pastebin.com/eXcQJkR3

I use an Immortal Call setup w/ Vaal Grace. With the changes to soul prevention you only have about 4-5 seconds of downtime. So no need for elusive or phase acrobatics. Saves on budget and passives. Get onslaught from an abyss jewel.

I used Hyrri's Ire until I could afford a Farrul's Fur and Aspect of the Cat Amulet. After that I dropped Ice Bite and swapped to Hypo for more DPS.

If you stack Crit Multi and give no regard to survivability you can gem swap to

for conquerors and Sirius. With only 3M Barrage DPS I pretty much deleted Sirius through his phases on Awakener 6. And I'm BAD at bossing. Real bad. Cringe bad.

This also helps you avoid needing TWO 6-links which is extremely expensive this league.

Ice Shot is better for map bosses though as you can perma-freeze almost all of them - which is really the most important aspect of this build for staying alive. I can blast through juiced metamorphs no problem standing on top of them. Maven Crucible fights are trivial.

I found an Inspired Learning sometime around T10 maps - this is extremely useful with Ultimatum. If your ailment chance is high enough you can freeze your way through the waves stacking the stolen auras. You'll get CRAZY attack speed most of the time and just wreck your way through each wave. King of the Hill is the only mode where you're vulnerable since you're forced to stand still for extended periods of time.

Right now I'm doing juiced T16 maps no problem. Certain mods are rippy, but that's how it goes for builds like this and if you're experienced running with 4k life it isn't that bad with Vaal Grace. Just don't ever stop moving for more than few seconds. It's still better than flicker strike :) At least you have control over where you are standing.

Still a lot of room for improvement, but my current setup easily pushes through end game. At about 2.5M Ice Shot DPS and somewhere between 5-6M Barrage DPS. Watcher's Eye with flat added cold damage is cheap and an insane DPS increase.

Just remember, if you plan to swap to Barrage for bosses/conqs you can't run physical reflect.

I plan on upgrading to an HH to push Ultimatum to the max and still need to grab a Bottle Faith another massive DPS increase.

Not sure where I'm going to pull another 1k life from. It's pretty important to hit 5200 HP to avoid 1 shots on Awakener 8/9. BUT the biggest take out of all of this is you don't need high HP if you can just PERMAFREEZE everything to death which this build definitely helped me achieve.

I am flying through maps and completing 9/10 Ultimatums!

Thanks!
Hello!

I'm very new to this game relative to most (only played for a couple seasons) so this may be a really obvious answer.

But early on in the skill tree the PoB shows to pick up "One handed Damage" node on the way to grab weapon artistry and aspect of the lynx.

I'm confused on why we pick that node instead of just getting the Dex node to the right of that circle instead. What value are we getting from that one handed node?

Sorry if this is a very obvious question just trying to learn.

https://i.imgur.com/NI74ETY.png
Last edited by Camtaro on Apr 26, 2021, 1:33:15 PM
I think it is just a mistake - honestly those nodes aren't that important - they are just early easy DPS increases. You will eventually regret/spec out of them as there are better options that scale better late game.

Don't worry about it too much and just keep leveling.
"
Teejay137 wrote:
Great guide!

I agree with a lot of the advice minus maybe a few gear/stat choices, but that's because I prefer higher DPS over tankiness.

I've played Ice Shot for two leagues now and at first thought Hydrosphere was a gimmick skill (it sucks in early maps, feels like it does nothing), but later on it scales extremely well for map bosses. Ice Shot produces enough DPS to kill all map bosses with Hydrosphere. Culling Strike Support is POG!!!

I'm running a variant/hybrid of this build based on the two other guides.

---------

Thanks!

Cheers, glad you took some ideas from the guide and incorporated them into your own. Ultimately most people just like to strictly follow build guides, when what's actually important is understanding the building block and workhorse of said build and focusing there. It's why I try to explain the mechanics involved in my guide. Anyway kudos to you.

"
Hello!

I'm very new to this game relative to most (only played for a couple seasons) so this may be a really obvious answer.

But early on in the skill tree the PoB shows to pick up "One handed Damage" node on the way to grab weapon artistry and aspect of the lynx.

I'm confused on why we pick that node instead of just getting the Dex node to the right of that circle instead. What value are we getting from that one handed node?

Sorry if this is a very obvious question just trying to learn.

https://i.imgur.com/NI74ETY.png

Hello, no problem, it's not an obvious pathing nodes if you're not familiar. Eitherway, they weren't a mistake. The nodes were picked up for Brutal Restraint Timeless Jewel mods roll. It's a bit hard to explain, try to google around on how it works.

You can leave that part of the tree for much later, it won't be as efficient / cost-effective until nearing endgame. The actual nodes taken there are actually also quite flexible, depending on your Brutal Restraint roll.
Last edited by mantol456 on Apr 26, 2021, 6:20:49 PM
Hey there ! really good guide by the way ! I'm currently on a 8ex budget and was wondering if that would be enough to start with to go trough most stuff; sirus, t14-15, simu etc. and how well is the survivability on that build so far. thanks a lot !

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info