[3.16] ❄️ Peak Performance Ice Shot Deadeye ❄️ | Deceivingly Tanky | Start>Endgame

hey there! was just wondering why we get dance with death on the jewel, seems like it has a downfall but i wouldnt know too much about it, any explanation just so i know
"
SOAKrueger wrote:
hey there! was just wondering why we get dance with death on the jewel, seems like it has a downfall but i wouldnt know too much about it, any explanation just so i know

Hello, you should read up on Brutal Restraint jewel.
https://poedb.tw/us/Brutal_Restraint

What it does is it adds additional stats on notables on the tree, on top of what is already given. On that page, find the keyword 'notable' and you'll see what stats can roll. It is however very RNG what stats will roll on which notable on your tree, so you'll be using up quite a few of divine orbs. You can read up on desirable mods in my guide under the gear section.

We don't transform any of our keystone here in this build, so it doesn't really matter if it's Balbala, Asenath or Nasima.
My Youtube channel guide:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCuOAAZyUPDtInV9UDiH4BBw
I wanted to ask about the craft. Maybe it makes sense instead of сraft harvest damage for 10 dexterity, to carry it with the orb of sirus? but the question of how to get to the penultimate stage...
Hey i just wanted to ask if its viable to replace the disorienting display in the large cluster jewel for some similar (cheaper) passive.

I get this jewel for 30 c cause of the league just started recently.
Hey, I wanted to know if there is any other jewel that could be used instead of brutal restraint ? Aside of the onslaught on kill I don't think that the jewel is really worth. To have onslaught we can go for the redeemer prefix onslaught on kill. If you have any idea of a really good jewel aside of a second watcher's eye which price is too high. Thank you for your time ^^
"
mantol456 wrote:

1. You could use Chin Sol, but then you loses out on source of additional projectiles, which greatly affects your clear (only 3 arrows minimum) and Voidfletcher shotgunning. Also the more damage multiplier for Chin Sol's point blank has a distance of 20, which is abit too close for comfort (even when the build emphasizes on tankiness). Ice shot depends alot on chaining projectiles, ice shot cone effect and herald of ice explosion for clear, and Chin Sol only benefits a small portion of how it works. The build does allocates Point Blank, but it's mostly as a deterrent to ramp up your dps if enemies get too close and you're hoping they die quicker, I'd still prefer to play it safe from a distance as you can actually see the monsters animation and allowing you to dodge attacks better.

2. Honestly, I don't really know how to calculate it exactly. All I know is that it adds absurd amount of damage burst on beefier target and that there's not really a competitor for that slot (except maybe Hyrri's Demise on Dex-stacking build variant).

3. Having a Barrage as a 2nd 6L goes against being frugal as it drives your costs way up (unless gem-swapping barrage support). This build utilizes other mechanics to work around that, while having respectable enough DPS to bring down endgame contents. I would only ever run barrage support for encounters that I'm 100% sure there won't be any multiple targets for the whole fight (e.g. Sirus, some conquerors, etc.) because otherwise Hydrosphere + Ice shot will play way better. Most of the time however I don't even bother with bringing in a barrage gem, but maybe that's because I'm lazy and I don't really feel the need to.

Thanks for the quick reply!
I haven't noticed a difference in clear to be honest, i feel like herald of ice/chains carry the hell out of the clear but i'll take your word for it, and i can definitely see how it would make sense objectively. Also I guess i do just go monkey mode and play it like a melee build which is probably not very good and has lead to me having a lot of untimely deaths. so that adds up.

That's a shame with the voidfletcher thing, but i understand. there is just some nebulous stuff that can't be calc'd in this game.

I can totally see how 2 6 links sucks for money. I never thought about it like that because i always viewed it as "necessary" for some reason in these types of build, but that totally makes sense.

again, thanks for the quick reply, and thank you for your patience.
"
Alcodance wrote:
I wanted to ask about the craft. Maybe it makes sense instead of сraft harvest damage for 10 dexterity, to carry it with the orb of sirus? but the question of how to get to the penultimate stage...

Do update if you could find a way to craft the bow for cheap, been quite busy with IRL so didn't even have the chance to play my other char to study up on how to work around the harvest nerfs.

"
WolcreX wrote:
Hey i just wanted to ask if its viable to replace the disorienting display in the large cluster jewel for some similar (cheaper) passive.

I get this jewel for 30 c cause of the league just started recently.

Definitely, as mentioned in the guide, only Cold-blooded killer & Prismatic heart is important for the build. The 3rd notable can be anything, or even none at all with only a slight loss in DPS. Disorienting Display provides us with blind which we already have so it's not really doing much except increased damage modifier.

"
zhd210101 wrote:
Hey, I wanted to know if there is any other jewel that could be used instead of brutal restraint ? Aside of the onslaught on kill I don't think that the jewel is really worth. To have onslaught we can go for the redeemer prefix onslaught on kill. If you have any idea of a really good jewel aside of a second watcher's eye which price is too high. Thank you for your time ^^

It does not only gives Onslaught, it also gives additional dexterity for all nodes (translates to DPS if you're using Dex-stacking bow) and other possibly beneficial combination of notable as well.

But if you don't think it's worth it, then just go for %increased max life and crit multi jewel.
Hello, just wanted to thank you for this guide, really cool to follow as a beginner. Stayed strong all along and offered me a smooth progression since league beginning. Plus i'm really having fun gradually upgrading it.

Cheers !

PS : Could you explain why Cold-Blooded Killer is important ? We dont deal damage over time do we ?
Last edited by Maldice on Apr 23, 2021, 8:25:36 PM
"
Maldice wrote:
Hello, just wanted to thank you for this guide, really cool to follow as a beginner. Stayed strong all along and offered me a smooth progression since league beginning. Plus i'm really having fun gradually upgrading it.

Cheers !

PS : Could you explain why Cold-Blooded Killer is important ? We dont deal damage over time do we ?

No we don't, but the 2% instant life recovery on killing a chilled enemy is what we're actually looking for. It is extremely good for sustain during mapping (it's why Cinderswallow and Trickster's Patient Reaper are as good as they are).

Also tbh most people complain about levelling as a bow character, so your experience seems abit unique haha.
Last edited by mantol456 on Apr 23, 2021, 8:47:47 PM
Hi, Thank you very much, for the guide!

I had a great time until awakening level 6. Now I am struggling a lot on single target damage. on t14 maps I cant even complete maps because I lack damage. Am i doing something wrong?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info