[3.16] ❄️ Peak Performance Ice Shot Deadeye ❄️ | Deceivingly Tanky | Start>Endgame

"
Reivno wrote:
Hello, the build has worked out very well so far! No 6-Link yet but t10 bosses are melting.

But a question. At Weapon Artistry/Aspect of the Lynx you path through One Handed Damage instead of +10Dex on the right, why? The bow doesn't get anything from One Handed things right?

Hello, actually what's important at that part of the skill tree is your your Brutal Restraint timeless jewel seed roll, which you can path whichever is more efficient. Weapon artistry and Aspect of the Lynx provides decent stats also so it's all good.

You can leave that part of the tree last.

Also happy to hear the build working out for you. How's Ultimatum league for the build though if you don't mind sharing? Because I'm not playing this build for this league, so would like to hear some thoughts.
My Youtube channel guide:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCuOAAZyUPDtInV9UDiH4BBw
Last edited by mantol456 on Apr 22, 2021, 5:20:32 AM
"
Alcodance wrote:

of course

https://pastebin.com/pJAy1SjZ

Few things I can see from the get go to improve your build:

1. Diamond flasks, you shouldn't need 3 life flasks for the build (even mine using 2 can sometimes feel wasted, so I swap to Dying Sun). You're losing alot of DPS opportunity from not using Diamond flasks.

2. Onslaught, you can get this from Brutal restraint / Silver flasks / Stygian Vise w. abyss jewel for onslaught on kill. (POB can't see your Brutal Restraint seed so I'd assume you have them for now.

3. You can replace your quicksilver flask for DPS flask, you don't really need the extra MS from quicksilver vs the one obtained from onslaught (Silver flask if you don't have onslaught source, Atziri's promise for DPS & chaos res)

4. You're not using Hydrosphere? (or maybe your POB link is not showing) This is another major DPS loss for single target since you're not overlapping the ice shot cone.

5. Curse on Hit ring. Although Assasin's Mark is the best curse on hit ring for the build, you can settle for Frostbite ring first if it's cheaper & more accessible. Otherwise you're wasting the enemy curse limit by not inflicting any.
Last edited by mantol456 on Apr 22, 2021, 8:04:05 AM
"
mantol456 wrote:
Hello, actually what's important at that part of the skill tree is your your Brutal Restraint timeless jewel seed roll, which you can path whichever is more efficient. Weapon artistry and Aspect of the Lynx provides decent stats also so it's all good.

You can leave that part of the tree last.

Also happy to hear the build working out for you. How's Ultimatum league for the build though if you don't mind sharing? Because I'm not playing this build for this league, so would like to hear some thoughts.

Ok I see, will need to look into that jewel.

For me the Trialmaster event has been pretty smooth so far, at least in t10s I could say 95% of time or so I complete it through all waves (unless there is some really juicy reward I want: ex or some piece of gear etc.) The sheer amount of cc with ice things keep most of the enemies permanently frozen, and when they get to do their attack or spell Acro comes into play.

I have no idea how other players or builds do it, but running around the outer edge of circle and shooting stuff while laying down hydrosphere has been pretty effective. So far I haven't really had much damage issues with the monsters either.

Generally I haven't touched the flask effect yet since it looks pretty dangerous considering how much of the dmg/defence comes with them. Both of the Ruin effects are a joke for this build. Frozen and Lightning thing you need to keep your eyes on and rest of the effects just not doing much.

Also Elusive on crit + Onslaught on kill boots are pretty bonkers.

TL;DR Run in circles, shoot in the middle, hydro + ice shot freeze the bad guys, watch out for Icy and Lightning things. Acro handles the rest.

Edit: Uh and staying on 10 stacks of hinder is not good for your health.
Last edited by Reivno on Apr 22, 2021, 8:25:14 AM
can anyone tell me why to skill in the claw tree?
Would I gain life leech on "Soul raker" even with equipped bow?

sorry just started after 4 years :)

hope u can reply
"
fluffu wrote:

The unique jewel: Lioneye's Fall
It makes melee modifiers in its range apply to bows instead.

So the claw parts of the nodes will apply to bows, according to PoB the life and mana leech will still apply without the jewel, but not the claw damage.
Last edited by RUJoking on Apr 22, 2021, 6:00:12 PM
"
fluffu wrote:
Would I gain life leech on "Soul raker" even with equipped bow?

sorry just started after 4 years :)

hope u can reply

Hello there, you need to make sure you socket the following unique jewel first:
https://pathofexile.fandom.com/wiki/Lioneye%27s_Fall

This will transform those nodes into bow nodes.

Hi, first time going Ice Shot and I am enjoying the build a lot.

I am just a bit lost on what my next upgrade should be at this point?
I would assume a 6l rare bow, but with the Harvest nerfs, I am not sure what I would be looking for?
"
Aqilix wrote:

Hi, first time going Ice Shot and I am enjoying the build a lot.

I am just a bit lost on what my next upgrade should be at this point?
I would assume a 6l rare bow, but with the Harvest nerfs, I am not sure what I would be looking for?

Hello there, great to hear that you're enjoying it.

Few things you could improve on:
1. Curse on Hit rings. Assasin's Mark is BIS, but you can settle for Frostbite in the mean time if its too expensive.

2. Skitterbot enchantment helm (unless you don't have any mana issue?)

3. Non-pierce implicit Voidfletcher.

4. Elusive boots & Intimidate Gloves

5. Mark of the Elder ring.

6. 6L Ice shot

7. Amulet anointment.

8. Awakened gems.

You can go through them at any order depending on your affordability. Though a 6L & curse on hit ring is probably your bigger boost for now.
I'd like to ask some questions regarding item decisions. I've been winging it looking at poe.ninja as my only source of guidance and now looking at a guide i want to compare notes with someone who actually knows what they're doing.

1. Whenever I test bows in PoB i notice that Chin Sol at close range outparses bows like Death's Opus. I'm not sure if that's even correct because so many ice shot users take DO and it just seems like if there was such an obvious upgrade then more people would be using Chin Sol. Is CS actually sleeper OP (unlikely) or do i have a misconception regarding it?

2. How are you calculating Voidfletcher Void Shot damage? do you simply do it manually given the numbers in PoB?

3. Honestly I love barrage but I'm willing to part with it if it's detrimental for ice shot as a whole to use. Does barrage have any merit as the 2nd 6L for this skill or is it just redundant with the power of hydrosphere + full damage links on ice shot, and would you ever run barrage support + ice shot as a gem swap for single target encounters?

i am a pretty frugal player so i try to avoid spending money on upgrades unless they're cost efficient or provide a fair bit of QoL so these questions are based around that - I apologize if these questions seem obvious or off topic. Thanks for reading!
"
plawzable wrote:
I'd like to ask some questions regarding item decisions. I've been winging it looking at poe.ninja as my only source of guidance and now looking at a guide i want to compare notes with someone who actually knows what they're doing.

1. Whenever I test bows in PoB i notice that Chin Sol at close range outparses bows like Death's Opus. I'm not sure if that's even correct because so many ice shot users take DO and it just seems like if there was such an obvious upgrade then more people would be using Chin Sol. Is CS actually sleeper OP (unlikely) or do i have a misconception regarding it?

2. How are you calculating Voidfletcher Void Shot damage? do you simply do it manually given the numbers in PoB?

3. Honestly I love barrage but I'm willing to part with it if it's detrimental for ice shot as a whole to use. Does barrage have any merit as the 2nd 6L for this skill or is it just redundant with the power of hydrosphere + full damage links on ice shot, and would you ever run barrage support + ice shot as a gem swap for single target encounters?

i am a pretty frugal player so i try to avoid spending money on upgrades unless they're cost efficient or provide a fair bit of QoL so these questions are based around that - I apologize if these questions seem obvious or off topic. Thanks for reading!

1. You could use Chin Sol, but then you loses out on source of additional projectiles, which greatly affects your clear (only 3 arrows minimum) and Voidfletcher shotgunning. Also the more damage multiplier for Chin Sol's point blank has a distance of 20, which is abit too close for comfort (even when the build emphasizes on tankiness). Ice shot depends alot on chaining projectiles, ice shot cone effect and herald of ice explosion for clear, and Chin Sol only benefits a small portion of how it works. The build does allocates Point Blank, but it's mostly as a deterrent to ramp up your dps if enemies get too close and you're hoping they die quicker, I'd still prefer to play it safe from a distance as you can actually see the monsters animation and allowing you to dodge attacks better.

2. Honestly, I don't really know how to calculate it exactly. All I know is that it adds absurd amount of damage burst on beefier target and that there's not really a competitor for that slot (except maybe Hyrri's Demise on Dex-stacking build variant).

3. Having a Barrage as a 2nd 6L goes against being frugal as it drives your costs way up (unless gem-swapping barrage support). This build utilizes other mechanics to work around that, while having respectable enough DPS to bring down endgame contents. I would only ever run barrage support for encounters that I'm 100% sure there won't be any multiple targets for the whole fight (e.g. Sirus, some conquerors, etc.) because otherwise Hydrosphere + Ice shot will play way better. Most of the time however I don't even bother with bringing in a barrage gem, but maybe that's because I'm lazy and I don't really feel the need to.
Last edited by mantol456 on Apr 23, 2021, 2:32:49 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info