Path of Building for Mac! 3.24-ready

Crashes when I import builds from STD. Also crashes when I try to save a build.

Mac Studio M1 Ultra - Ventura 13.3.1 A
Same as above, unfortunately. Crashes on import
(Mac M1)

I was getting the crash on import, even though this worked perfectly in the last league.

Decided to try to update using the terminal instructions but I think they are typed pretty wonky in the OP and it ended up a total disaster. Everything kept failing. Homebrew x86 install was acting crazy (not even sure why I needed this now when it worked before?) the git stuff was giving errors. Tried a bunch of ways and ended up with multiple path folders, half-deleted files, and eventually the POB app wasn't even in my applications folder anymore.

Decided to just blindly install the newest version without even deleting or adjusting anything.

It magically worked. Makes no sense but just sharing my experience.
PoB got update that fix the crash on importing.

But not yet update with new support gem, damn.
Crashing on import of character. Import works using a pob link, just not when importing a character.

M1 mac ventura 13.4.1

To fix the import error you'll need to update PoB (the download is out of date). Just follow the instructions on the first page "Updating Path of Building". You'll need a few tools like `git` (you can just grab the Github UI if you like). The shell script will throw a lcurl.so error, just ignore it (whoever created the script had this file in the parent directory and was copying it over).
"
rapind wrote:
To fix the import error you'll need to update PoB (the download is out of date). Just follow the instructions on the first page "Updating Path of Building". You'll need a few tools like `git` (you can just grab the Github UI if you like). The shell script will throw a lcurl.so error, just ignore it (whoever created the script had this file in the parent directory and was copying it over).

I don't really understand what it is telling me to do to get pob to run properly without crashing. Can you please dumb it down for a lowly pleb like me?
Been getting crashes by importing my tree and items with the automatic option so i went on Poe ninja to grab my build from there. Everything worked until I was disabling my gems and when i reactivated Volatility support my PoB crashed. I think that the new jewels and/or the tattoos are messing with the way its gathering data and causing crashes for some people. May already be a known bug though.

I also am running a blood magic build and its telling me that I do not have enough mana to cast my abilities.
Last edited by Suzukobi on Aug 22, 2023, 3:27:19 PM
Hi,

I am running a MBP M2 With macOS 13.4.1, here are the Errors i experience:

1. If i first importing my character and clicking the "Passive tree and jewels" i get this error in the terminal:

"Error calling OnSubFinished: 2
error in error handling"

And then import "Items and skills" then the app crashed and i got this in the Terminal:

"libc++abi: terminating due to uncaught foreign exception
[1] 41657 abort ./PathOfBuilding"

Worth mentioning is that i unchecked "Delete jewels", "Delete skills" and "Delete equipment"

After starting the app again and do the opposite order the "items and skills" and the the "import passive tree and jewels" this time leaving the check boxes checked, now the skills and items gets loaded but the passive tree is not filled out.

This is the logg in the terminal from the semi-successful second attempt:

After clicking the "Items and skills":
"qt.qpa.fonts: Populating font family aliases took 79 ms. Replace uses of missing font family "Liberation Sans Bold" with one that exists to avoid this cost.'

After clicking the "Passive tree and jewels":
"Error calling OnSubFinished: 2
error in error handling"

So in short, the loading of my characters Items and skills seems to work fine but the "Passive tree and jewela" are not so successful.

Hope the description is understandable.

And ofc thanks so much for porting this to mac.
Hey,

I think Arciinus just needs to create another release which will fetch the latest changes from the pob-community.

In the meantime you can help yourself by adding the change.
This can be done by fetching and building the sources or add only the missing change.

You would need to update/replace
PathOfBuilding.app/Contents/MacOS/Classes/ImportTab.lua file with the pob-community version
=> https://raw.githubusercontent.com/PathOfBuildingCommunity/PathOfBuilding/dev/src/Classes/ImportTab.lua

Just copy the content from the web and then overwrite PathOfBuilding.app/Contents/MacOS/Classes/ImportTab.lua

e.g. using vscode as editor

cd PathOfBuilding.app
code Contents/MacOS/Classes/ImportTab.lua

Overwrite the content with the content from https://raw.githubusercontent.com/PathOfBuildingCommunity/PathOfBuilding/dev/src/Classes/ImportTab.lua

When you have done this, you should be able to load your stuff again.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info