Atlas Passive Trees in Path of Exile: Echoes of the Atlas

oh boy do i not care.
MAKE LEFT CLICK GREAT AGAIN.
path of Harvest?
24.1.2018 [quote="Dro28"]wheres my fragment tab?[/quote]

(I thought that was a joke)

25.1.2018: GGG- Introducing the Fragment Stash Tab!
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
No one has addressed my question earlier... would the +3 to monster level/hoard raise the level cap on items above what is currently possible?

Yes and no.

We already have ilvl 100 from div cards. The next thing that comes to mind is T14 Oba's Cursed Throve. The final chamber is lvl 86, which means you get ilvl 91 items from chests if you roll them +5. With Lightless Legion in Tirn's End and +3 area level from unique watchstones (T19) you would get a total of +7 (depths are +1 by defuault right?) to your abyssal depths. This means zone/base level of 90, with drops up to ilvl 92. Maybe there's a craftable watchstone with +1 to push this one more ilvl? Anyway, you cannot get influenced items or strongboxes in abyssal depths. Also there are better ways to farm ilvl 86 non-influenced crafting bases anyway. Right?
Recently quit Path of Exploding BULL****
Remove the Wildwood!
Remove Gambling!
Ruthless LOGIN
Now all this game is missing is a passive tree for the skill passive tree.
"
slindimasq wrote:
Now all this game is missing is a passive tree for the skill passive tree.

we are also missing passive trees for every single weapon and armour piece!
Can GGG confirm you didnt nerf the background rate of legion, blight, meta encounters and replace them with a system where you earned the previous rates slowly?
Is there any way we can get talismans back in some small capacity, It would make my year, even just a 2 node cluster to activate the stone altar at any percentage :)
One More Day...
"
wolfwing wrote:
"
muzein wrote:
This honestly looks like it'll wreck the economy. I find that concerning considering this is an expansion feature and will be around for the next year.

Yeah heaven forbid people can ACTUALLY play the main game, and not path of auction house.

Do you all play SSF?

I actually play the main game - and finding rare valuable drops is a great feeling. Finding rare worthless drops, not so much.

Was it awesome in Heist when you finally got an exalted orb to drop, only to find out it was worth 24c?

Breach stones, timeless emblems, fossils, blighted maps... these will all diminish in value more so than Heist league flooded out--and Heist is now core too. If the stones/maps are worthless, so too will be the unique items gated behind them. Who is even going to bother picking up breach splinters if 100 turn into a stone worth 2c? Simulacrums will still retain value simply because Voices are such a lottery ticket that they'll never flood out.

I don't want to have to farm Sirus for drops anymore. I hate the spawning method. I hate the fight. It was last expansion, it should be as gone as War for the Atlas. Echoes didn't bring anything of value to the player. On paper it looks great because you're seeing an increase in everything but it comes at the tradeoff of your time invested being worth less. That's not a good thing - I could go play D3 if I wanted to sprint on the treadmill of wasted time.

I think Ritual has a really cool reward structure but once you start eliminating all the loot which will have little to no value, it won't be as grand as it could have been a few leagues back.
This actually looks better than I was imagining, because it sorta addresses a core issue that... Players have poor ability to control what sort of content they encounter.

This feels like a somewhat messy (and grindy, possibly RNG-based) way of partially mitigating the issue, but it's a step. Hopefully it works out well.

My main concern is in wondering if specific regions are locked to each tree, or whether there's a choice/control over where things go. As it stands, this doesn't fix the issue of "map choice is just to pick whatever is linear and fast (like Tropical Island, Beach, City Square, Mesa) and skip the rest," as each region as mostly garbage maps, and occasionally good maps.

"
trixxar wrote:
Can GGG confirm you didnt nerf the background rate of legion, blight, meta encounters and replace them with a system where you earned the previous rates slowly?

This is a legit concern, really. It wouldn't surprise me that if in the misguided name of "balance," that... Content encounters got nerfed with them adding a whole new layer of grind just to get them back. That'd be a massive disappointment.

"
Perschkinator wrote:
Is there any way we can get talismans back in some small capacity, It would make my year, even just a 2 node cluster to activate the stone altar at any percentage :)

This goes along with what had been one of my proposals before, which was to make a lot of maps actually have fixed content. (which'd help mitigate the issue with maps just being a "pick linear easy ones like Tropical Island and Beach" deal)

E.g, rather than every non-unique map being identical in function of "Find the boss room(s) and kill the boss(es)," there'd be different content to do; for instance, Infested Valley would *always* have a Blight Encounter instead of a boss, or Dark Forest would, instead of the normal boss door... Always spawn with the Stone Circle and at least 5 mobs posessed by talismans. It'd vary slightly from actual Talisman league in that case, where you'd -always- fight Rigwald, even for Tier 2 & 3 talismans.
Rufalius, hybrid Aura/Arc/Mana Guardian | Hemorae, TS Raider | Wuru, Ele Hit Wand Trickster
"
muzein wrote:
"
wolfwing wrote:
"
muzein wrote:
This honestly looks like it'll wreck the economy. I find that concerning considering this is an expansion feature and will be around for the next year.

Yeah heaven forbid people can ACTUALLY play the main game, and not path of auction house.

Do you all play SSF?

I actually play the main game - and finding rare valuable drops is a great feeling. Finding rare worthless drops, not so much.

Was it awesome in Heist when you finally got an exalted orb to drop, only to find out it was worth 24c?

Breach stones, timeless emblems, fossils, blighted maps... these will all diminish in value more so than Heist league flooded out--and Heist is now core too. If the stones/maps are worthless, so too will be the unique items gated behind them. Who is even going to bother picking up breach splinters if 100 turn into a stone worth 2c? Simulacrums will still retain value simply because Voices are such a lottery ticket that they'll never flood out.

I don't want to have to farm Sirus for drops anymore. I hate the spawning method. I hate the fight. It was last expansion, it should be as gone as War for the Atlas. Echoes didn't bring anything of value to the player. On paper it looks great because you're seeing an increase in everything but it comes at the tradeoff of your time invested being worth less. That's not a good thing - I could go play D3 if I wanted to sprint on the treadmill of wasted time.

I think Ritual has a really cool reward structure but once you start eliminating all the loot which will have little to no value, it won't be as grand as it could have been a few leagues back.

There is a difference between simple inflation and what these opportunities may offer to the economy. For example Syndicate always progressed too slowly for any player especially SSF (btw) to actually build around Syndicate items. The same could be said for essences. I think that the market will be SPLIT more than inflated because some people such as myself will have a much higher interest in Syndicate related gear and others will have a much higher interest in Abyss. I think that Rare GEAR itself will be much more valuable than CURRENCY. As the value of an exalt will be lower in relation to how incredibly rare exaltable gear will become due to how much more highly specialized people's tastes may become. I'm saying that you may have 200 exalts in your tab but what if there is only a hand full of rares that have any attributes worth exalting to begin with. People may have more exalts and chaos than they actually need due to the opportunities that specialing certain league mechanics will afford. Like for me, probably want all Syndicate gear this time.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info