[3.13]❄️44M DPS Ice Shot Barrage Deadeye|League starter|Full Content with Vids|Several variants

What do you guys think of switching from point blank to farshot?

I just don`t get why people keep using pb, it makes you more vulnerable against bosses while fighting in close combat. Also 60% bonus dps from far shot looks way more desirable.
Last edited by JuneNights on Jan 24, 2021, 4:33:09 PM
@JuneNights

Point blank for me works better because I usually dash near bosses and just destroy them. If you want to stay far away, sure, go for farshot.

@SallyMcNally

You are using both Point Blank and Far shot. For 3.13 this is bad. You are destroying your damage! I got +1M dps just from removing far shot!

Also I don't know what is your source of frenzy charges. Without farrul you will be sitting at 0 frenzy charges vs bosses and bosses will destroy you.

Also you are missing damage flasks:

Sulphur flask is 40% increased dmg.
Diamond flask for lucky crit.
Do you have any source of onslaught ?
Get an of acceleration suffix on a blue flask.

@mikecy96

To gauge your DPS use a "Barrage" setup inside pob. Ice Shot + barrage support will show misleading numbers, since it doesn't factor in barrage fully (doesn't add the extra projectiles).

You can do the math yourself by multiplying the value with the number of arrows you are shooting (1 + 3[barrage support] + x[where x comes from gear] ) to get a hint about the actual dps.

Also your gem setup is missing "Damage on full life" support. And "Projectile travel distance" from your configuration to show you are damaging from near the enemy. With DmgOnFL + travel distance = 10 you get to 4.7M DPS in PoB with the tree you gave me.

From this point forward you will increase your DPS alot with the stormrider + cold conduction cluster jewel and your throatseeker annointment (from PoB estimatino you will get to ~6.3M).

5M DPS should be ok to start doing end game content, just make sure to switch to barrage vs bosses while using ice shot for clearing. Also vs boss, replace hypothermia/inspiration with cold penetration, but keep the damage on full life support, it gives very good damage.

Last edited by ZaPwner on Jan 25, 2021, 4:21:17 AM
Hello, i started this build 2 days ago and it looks amazing...ice shot clear is great in t16 maps even on 5l but i have zdps on barrage so its hard for me to do map bosses or conquerors which can take more than 30 sec to kill...could you please tell me what to change to get better singla target dps? Good luck exile https://pastebin.com/MdzV5p0s
Thanks for the reply, @Zapwner .
I’ll look at removing FS and I’ll get another flask. I just can’t afford the bottled faith, yet! 😅

Frenzy charges come from support linked with Iceshot. Admittedly this makes frenzy charges impossible against only one target, but I never intended this to be a Sirus farmer.
Onslaught from boots.
Any idea how to follow up on this bow?
@J0zefk0

Some quick pointers:
- get those jewel sockets on your tree. A jewel can add more dmg per tree point than most tree skills (you can also socket abyss jewels with flat cold damage for the extra dmg)
- Damage on full life support is the most dmg, since you will either be on full life or dead :). Maybe replace inspiration (since you have low AS I think you can sustain your mana with leech). If you cannot replace inspiration replace hypothermia.
- Get the two cheap end game flasks: Taste of Hate and Dying Sun (will allow you to burst enough the bosses. you will die, come with flasks burst again...that's how I killed Sirus :) )
- your multicraft is not ideal. flat phys + attack speed would've given you a better dps (try it via PoB crafting to see the difference). Cold pen has dimishing returns once you have too much.
- get the throatseeker annointment -> it's very cheap with Amber + Violet + Opalscent. You will be keeping that amulet for quite a while due to the aspect craft.
- Get the medium cluster jewel with Cold Conduction. You want that shock !!!

@Jaemian

Death opus is the most at hand bow from there. What you are seeking most of all is the extra arrows, and Death opus comes with 2.
If you feel farming goes well and you can do content, I would skip Death Opus and go for your first crafted bow (keep in mind that it will be costly thou, make sure you have the resources to do so).

Last edited by ZaPwner on Jan 25, 2021, 4:19:32 AM
Thanks Zal. I do have a death opus but ended up crafting this

It's my first time crafting, and for some reason I decided to overwrite a +1 arrow with t1 cold damage.

Ended up making this bow and am wondering if it's worth doing something with it or if I should sell and try again on another bow for +2 arrow.
Oooof, bought
today and I just can't stand playing with it, lol. The sound is just too much. :D
"
ZaPwner wrote:
@LiquidLegend

For mana problems go for essence sap. That will make your mana leech become greater than what you are spending.

One thing you can also try is to use inspiration support instead of hypothermia and see if that makes things better.

@fremoq

You are missing a frenzy source. Get Ice Bite support in your links, replace added cold damage.

Also you have "Barrage" . You need "Barrage support". It's a different gem! Barrage is a main skill (like Ice Shot) which will fire 4 projectiles in sequence. "Barrage support" will make Ice Shot fire 3 projectiles in sequence.

Also get Taste of Hate as soon as possible. It's an amazing boost both in offence and defense.

After reading through these comments I am a bit confused now. So we should be using barrage support with ice shot? Should we still use barrage (The skill not support gem) while leveling and even if we don't have 2 6 links? From the POB it seemed like you were just swapping barrage for ice shot in the early parts.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wARPcb9bXnw

Is this how it plays on maps?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info