[3.15] Elemental Hit Ballista Totem Hiero | Budget Friendly | League Start to Endgame

"
Wolferlmm wrote:
Hi all. Im here for cause i want to revive my totem hiero beside all that i have read about totems etc. This is Standard char so items are somewhat different.

My goal is to make this build kill Sirus A8.

My gear atm
Spoiler
Gear
Second quill rain is for my 2 curse set up and need to buy awakened hextouch support.

Tree
Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/AAAABAUCAAIgBFEEswUtCIkOPBRxFHUWbxiRGNsaOB0UHmohYCKvI_Yk_ScvKhMrJjBxMHww-DH6MpQ31DhTOdQ6FjpCOlI62Du6QKBGt0p9S3hNklFHVvpYbVnzWitdaF4TYVJkM2ZUZp5noGhaaGVrNHIPcql08Xasdud293fXd-V4-Xrvft1_An8rggeCm4SDhmCGgod2i4yNfY25jb-QVZRvlQWa8ZzEoJ-iAKPypHikwqaIrKqu_a-NtNO3IryfwGbBM8HVwxPKqc9-02_UI9lg2XzZxt2o3vjjauOf5FXl5uZ951TqGO0_7m_vIe9O8933MviC-Ov53frS_W7_3g==?accountName=Wolferlmm&characterName=WolferlMoriarty

So i might need to change some resists if i change to timeless jewel but it should be upgrade.

Any ideas are appreciated thanks all

First thing if you say standard, just change the bow for Legacy Chin sol ,you might have to change your gameplay style too but 100% more dmg is insane.
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2844110
"
Vei wrote:
"
nico5051 wrote:
"

Please refer to "26. Upgrade Reference List" in the guide on what to upgrade. It's a simple to follow priority list that can be go through from top to bottom. Feel free to ask if you have specific questions after going through it.

Yup! Thanks.
But I've tried upgrading my build through PoB and I didn't found any significant upgrade :(

So for significant upgrade is it kind of like 100k to 1m DPS with just 3 items for you? If that is what you are thinking, then sorry I'll have to burst your bubble and say that big DPS comes from putting everything together, not just that 1-3 items that makes you do 1m DPS. Look at Aura stacker, does it get it's power with just 3 x 1% Reduced Mana Reserve Jewel and just 3 auras? :)

Lets make this a challenge for Vei

Let me show by example(This is likely the only one time I will be doing it here), by applying "26. Upgrade Reference List" on your character. This will be used an example for reference in future on how "26. Upgrade Reference List" helps a character:

Your current POB Pastebin - https://pastebin.com/kQaGat1M
Configuration Tab - The following checkboxes are all ticked - Ignited, Chilled, Shocked, Do you use Frenzy/Endurance/Power Charges, Are you hit recently.
Current Sirus DPS - 262k

Now we will go through the DPS(I'll skip defensive) upgrades in "26. Upgrade Reference List"

Before I start, a few things

- I will be lowering your precision Gem to level 1 because because the guide only recommends a level 1 Precision Gem which means your DPS is now 227k Sirus DPS
- I will disable Elemental Weakness since your Max Curse Limit is just 1, we will use Sniper's Mark as default since we are calculating base on Sirus DPS which means your DPS is now 243k

Let's start

Top Value

243k DPS - Lethal Pride(Akoya) + Berserk Gem - You have the Berserk Gem but not using Lethal Pride, so use it(Be ready for the Mana Regeneration changes)

292k DPS - Level 20 Gems - This is a new one I added in the checklist and I understood you just bought your gems, but see what is the difference when the DPS ones are level 20.

308k DPS - Level 21 0% Quality Elemental Hit - Switching over from your current 20/20

364k DPS - +2 Corrupted Implicit Frostferno - I gave a hint on how to acquire it in a cheaper way a few pages back so please refer to it. I'll apply the worse corrupt here, +2 AOE

447k DPS - Having 95%+ Chance to Hit - Let's aim for 97% Chance to Hit. To do this, I added 400 Flat Accuracy to both your Gloves and Quiver. For the purpose of this example, let's not care about whether it can fit to your Gloves/Quiver.

447k DPS - Shaman's Dominion - You already have this so no change to DPS

Medium Value

447k DPS - Going for Rares listed in "11. Mid-Tier Equipment Details" - Since there are quite a few Rares, we will go through one at a time.

447k DPS A. Gloves - With the added 400 accuracy earlier, your gloves is similiar to what is suggested in the guide already so no change here which means you need that 400 Accuracy on Gloves

447k DPS B. Quiver - Your quiver is pretty similar to what is suggested in the guide already so no change here which means you just need that 400 Accuracy on your Quiver

447k DPS C. Belt, Rings - They are pretty similar to what the guide suggested, so no changes

487k DPS - Quill Rain with 18% Crit Chance

547k DPS - Labryinth Enchantment on Boots - Let's go with Damage Penetrates 10% Enemy Resistance

547k DPS - +4 Implicit Corrupted Frostferno - I'll Skip this because I am not going to expect everyone to be able to get one

573k DPS - Level 5 Awaken Elemental Damage to Attacks Support with 20% Quality - Some Hints if not buying - Use the Harvest Craft that stores Gem 50% Exp on any junk Level 5 Corrupted Awaken Gem, then use it on this Gem to boost the level faster)

590k DPS - Level 21 Elemental hit with 20% Quality

641k DPS - 20% Quality Gems

668k DPS - Combat Focus(15%) and Rain of Splinter(30%) with Damage Penetrates 1% Elemental/Fire Resistances Corrupted Implicit

I'll skip the Low Value section since those are for min-maxing when we have spare currency as mentioned there.

Now I will "cheat" a bit and accelerate your character by 9 levels to Level 92, taking both King of the Hill and Master Fletcher Notable.

Result - 980k DPS

*It's actually over 1m when we switch 2 Passive into Alira, which I forgot to do at the start, and am not going to redo the whole thing to get the new numbers.

And here's the resulting Pastebin(Alira Selected) with 1.01m DPS: https://pastebin.com/EmBfnCNN

The thing is actually it doesn't stop here but for the purpose of this Post it's done. If you want to progress further, the last sentence of "26. Upgrade Reference List" mentioned this:

"
Lastly, if you don't mind a more up close and personal playstyle, definitely check out "31. "OneShotKill" Edition" for optional modifications to the build that enhances the build's DPS greatly.

The above will easily let one go over 2m+ Sirus DPS

I hope the above let everyone see what I did, implementing "26. Upgrade Reference List" in my guide to grow a character into one with a big DPS.

And do you know what is interesting? Most of the above are not needed to be able to do T16 Maps, Just only that Lethal Pride(Akoya) and Kaom's Heart.

Sorry to everyone else but I'll reply other posts tomorrow if they are still unanswered. I've pretty much ran out of time and am quite exhausted after writing this post. Appreciate your patience.

Woah man, you're doing god's work. You're awesome, I'm gonna try it later :) Thanks!
"
Wolferlmm wrote:
Hi all. Im here for cause i want to revive my totem hiero beside all that i have read about totems etc. This is Standard char so items are somewhat different.

My goal is to make this build kill Sirus A8.

My gear atm
Spoiler
Gear
Second quill rain is for my 2 curse set up and need to buy awakened hextouch support.

Tree
Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/AAAABAUCAAIgBFEEswUtCIkOPBRxFHUWbxiRGNsaOB0UHmohYCKvI_Yk_ScvKhMrJjBxMHww-DH6MpQ31DhTOdQ6FjpCOlI62Du6QKBGt0p9S3hNklFHVvpYbVnzWitdaF4TYVJkM2ZUZp5noGhaaGVrNHIPcql08Xasdud293fXd-V4-Xrvft1_An8rggeCm4SDhmCGgod2i4yNfY25jb-QVZRvlQWa8ZzEoJ-iAKPypHikwqaIrKqu_a-NtNO3IryfwGbBM8HVwxPKqc9-02_UI9lg2XzZxt2o3vjjauOf5FXl5uZ951TqGO0_7m_vIe9O8933MviC-Ov53frS_W7_3g==?accountName=Wolferlmm&characterName=WolferlMoriarty

So i might need to change some resists if i change to timeless jewel but it should be upgrade.

Any ideas are appreciated thanks all

Catch me online this afternoon, I can give you my +2 Frostferno in standard. I only have like 100 of them.

IGN: TheUnknownNomad
I am not Anti-Social, I am just selective on whom I wish to be social with.
Last edited by Ahewaz on Feb 2, 2021, 2:13:47 PM
One note:
Previously someone said about dropping golem when you have 1.5kk dps.
Be aware that dropping it with such dps you'll lose about 500-600k dps per totem, so total:
3.5kk - 4.2kk dps loss.
So if you have such dps(1.5kk*7=10.5kk), you will go down to 7kk.

Golem only needed in Sirus/Maven fights, so you can change ring during mapping, but bossing with golem is so good(bottled faith give you less dps, than simple golem usage during boss fight).

Last edited by RawDamage on Feb 2, 2021, 5:57:57 PM
Hi,
I have a question regarding my next gear upgrade

So i got everything covered for now but the gloves..
with my current stats I was thinking about getting a accuarcy +att speed+ high life gloves to get closer to 100 hit chance
but i feel like my chaos res is still low 7% so i was thinking about using atziri flask on my flex slot. is it a good idea?

not sure the "chaos damage" thingy on atziri work with our build

** my bad,my chaos res is 23% ^^ - I'll get gloves without chaos suffix
Last edited by nircc on Feb 2, 2021, 6:06:19 PM
Vei not sure if you added or not possible update is changing skittebots to divergent skitterbots. It's not much an update (~10k) but still.

Also for fast gem leveling up i suggest crafting Quality to gems on offhand weapons. 6% is cheap and it's always something
Last edited by goldenmonkey2301 on Feb 3, 2021, 2:36:59 AM
This would make my day and my build would rocket!. Ill try to catch you for sure! Thanks and have a nice day!

Catch me online this afternoon, I can give you my +2 Frostferno in standard. I only have like 100 of them.

IGN: TheUnknownNomad[/quote]

Hi, trying to decide what to craft on these gloves. Would love some help. Thank you :)
Hi, So i got most of the gear needed for the mid tier (still got some improvements like gems quality and such)

Also read the entire guide and i do have few questions just to understand things better

1.in the passive tree we use some dps passives for "bows", do they effect our ballista totems at all?

2.just to make sure,we use frenzy(to curse) only on bosses and when mapping we just put turrets?

3.berserk/blood rage affects our totems aswell?

Thanks ^^
"
SeanRP wrote:

Hi, trying to decide what to craft on these gloves. Would love some help. Thank you :)

Hi,

Possible options are:

- (24–28)% increased Damage during any Flask Effect
- Projectiles Pierce an additional Target (If somehow you want the 3rd pierce)

Cheers

"
Vei not sure if you added or not possible update is changing skittebots to divergent skitterbots. It's not much an update (~10k) but still.

I actually have thought about it before, like you say it's a small DPS increase. I tested Normal Skitterbot with 0% quality versus 20% quality, and I feel that the 20% Quality really helps Skitterbot move and reaches the target/direction almost immediately when the action is fast so I went for the normal quality instead for the guide. It's definitely the other choice to go for if you think the Skitterbot's move speed without the 20% quality isn't an issue.

"
Also for fast gem leveling up i suggest crafting Quality to gems on offhand weapons. 6% is cheap and it's always something

That will be applicable if one is leveling Empower/Enlighten/Enhance. It's a nice tip for others who are not aware. Thanks for the mention. :)

"
nircc wrote:
Hi, So i got most of the gear needed for the mid tier (still got some improvements like gems quality and such)

Also read the entire guide and i do have few questions just to understand things better

1.in the passive tree we use some dps passives for "bows", do they effect our ballista totems at all?

2.just to make sure,we use frenzy(to curse) only on bosses and when mapping we just put turrets?

Thanks ^^

Hi nircc,

Just want to say you did a great job on the upgrades!

And it's good you explained that English is not your native language, now I understand better. :)

Now to answer your questions:

Yes

When mapping we can curse them too, usually I curse them if they take more than 1 sec to die.

How they work is, they boost our character offensive stats, Damage, Attack Speed and Totems inherit our offensive stats so that is how Berserk and Blood Rage is applied to our Totems

and from your older post

"
nircc wrote:
also regarding the ring and my already high ress may i ask if i should already aim for a -mana cost Opal ring instead of another Two-Stone?

I would recommend only switching to non-Two Stone Ring like Opal Ring when your equipment reaches a stage where you won't be making so much upgrades/changes to it.

The extra resist might look like a waste now, but when we are still changing equipments frequently, the extra resist is usually very helpful and makes our equipment change flexbile since we don't need to be concern about not having enough Resist .
My 3.15 take/update to Lunasicc187's OneShotKill Elemental Hit Hierophant Guide

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3005581
Last edited by Vei on Feb 3, 2021, 12:02:30 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info