[3.15] Elemental Hit Ballista Totem Hiero | Budget Friendly | League Start to Endgame

"

I think Bart is the one to watch for progression for those who wanna see some novel way to improve this build. He follows the build faithfully and then tries to incorporate stuff into his gearing. Nice work. Although i have 2 comments:

1.) You are running with zero mana rings HAHA. You are a much more patient man than i am. That mana flasking gets old real fast for me around lvl 80.

2.) Be honest, how useful is that lightning golem? That idiot dies so fast i'm, surprised you haven't dropped him yet! Have you done the Maven Breachlords fight? No way this idiot survived in any shape or form during that encounter. I'll eat my shoe if you can show me he actually survived and did anything. xD

The only fight i did not do yet is last maven fight with cortex etc. Only had 1 try so far and in fact i think this was my fault as i fought them top left instead down right part of the arena. And when i died they just one shotted me when i entered the arena.

My thought about the golem is like this :

My clearspeed is way enough without him for 99% of the content.
He is usefull in fights like elder, shaper, sirius etc.

Elder last phaes: 2 seconds.
Siruis last phase - did not move from the spot.

So that's one side of the story.

Another side is that i've prioritised upgrades and am going one by one.
Quiver is done. Boots are done (enchant went in after 77th time :/ Thank god for the 7 enchant lab). Helmet - could be better, but i will not spend 20+ ex to get 100k more dps (PoB). this one is fine.

Current gear:

"

Next in line are rolls on flasks and items. I think by using like 100 divines i can get like 10% more DPS.
Then corruption on the quill rain for increased strike chance.

And then probably the golem. We'll see.
My priority for this league is the 36 challenges, i really want the hideout.

DPS is already sick ...

About mana - no idea where is the issue. Mana flasks work just fine for me, did not have any problem with mana at all :)

Last edited by bartpio on Jan 30, 2021, 4:21:03 PM
"
why recommend trying to get a frostferno corruption when they are incredibly expensive, when you could deterministically craft a +3 bow and bench craft +2 supports very easily?

I'll give a hint

Spoiler

For those who have read the whole of my guide in detail, I am sure you can improve this process with things mentioned in the guide.

My 3.15 take/update to Lunasicc187's OneShotKill Elemental Hit Hierophant Guide

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3005581
"
why recommend trying to get a frostferno corruption when they are incredibly expensive, when you could deterministically craft a +3 bow and bench craft +2 supports very easily?

Double corruption is a lot easier this league. Just run glennach cairns all the way.
Apologies if this has already been asked previously ITT, but how does everyone else deal with chaos damage?

I had to tag a friend in to finish the 4 watchstone hunter :(
"

It just seems like you'd have to grind temples for a long time just for a chance at the corruption. I've gone entire leagues withoout getting a t3 corruption chamber

Focus your Alva missions on Glennach Cairns with the Temple passives allocated, as what fellow user Bart mentioned earlier. I get a lvl 3 corruption chamber every temple cycle, easy.

Last edited by crimsonraziel9 on Feb 1, 2021, 2:48:46 AM
"
Techgamer wrote:
Apologies if this has already been asked previously ITT, but how does everyone else deal with chaos damage?

I had to tag a friend in to finish the 4 watchstone hunter :(

If you follow the Mid Budget gearing, the author recommended on getting chaos resists on your belt and rings, which will put your chaos resist to atleast positive values. This is enough for end game content. Additionally, the purity of flesh wheel near Avatar of Fire on the top left of the passive tree will give you +20 chaos res. Highly recommend to take that wheel.
Hi! I am looking to start this build, looks really fun! I am kind of wanting to try the Chieftain/Raider Ascendant variant, but I had a question for you guys with the experience: Is the lack of the Hierophant 100% totem placement speed and duration noticeable in game play? In essence, would the Ascendant feel more clunky compared to a hiero?
Last edited by aaOzymandias on Feb 1, 2021, 6:15:44 AM
"
aaOzymandias wrote:
Hi! I am looking to start this build, looks really fun! I am kind of wanting to try the Chieftain/Raider Ascendant variant, but I had a question for you guys with the experience: Is the lack of the Hierophant 100% totem placement speed and duration noticeable in game play? In essence, would the Ascendant feel more clunky compared to a hiero?

Hi there!

It will be slower if you had played Hierophant previously. However Ballista Totem placement speed is pretty fast generally unlike Spell Totems so it's not as bad. I would say it's not too big of an issue/difference if you get enough Totem Placement Speed.

Also Ascendant only has 6 Max Totem compared to Hiero's 7 Max Totem so that's 1 less Totem to cast each time which makes Totem Placement Speed a bit lesser of an impact.

By default, Ascendant will take the Passives at the Totemic Zeal Notable area and that provides 30% Placement Speed(When using 2x Might of the Meek) This area also provide some duration to Totems which increased their uptime to 14.4 seconds. Below the Ancestral Bond Keystone, we take the right path for another additional 15% Placement Speed.

That said, if one wishes to get more placement speed outside of the default suggested Passive Tree, there are a few areas we can get them e.g.

- The 2 Small Notable for 10% Placement Speed each at the Left side of Watchtower Notable
- One Small Notable with 10% Placement Speed at the start of Primal Manifestation Notable
- One Small Notable with 10% Placement Speed to the left of Panopticon Notable
- 12% Placement Speed Mod on Notables(e.g. Golem's Blood, Surveillance, Savagery, Cloth and Chain, etc) granted through using Lethal Pride Timeless Jewel at the bottom center Jewel Socket. Though this will require you getting a correct Lethal Pride granting those mods
- (4-6)% increased Totem Placement speed enchantment on Abyss and Timeless Jewel.

Also, we get 23% Placement Speed through a 23% Quality Ballista Totem Gem

When we are starting out, during the early levels of Ele Hit say, Level 60-80, we don't really need more DPS, so we can anoint our amulet Shamanistic Fury to smoothen Totem Placement Speed, and this is what I did when I first converted to Ele Hit.

As you can see there's quite a number of options available if one wishes to improve the Totem Placement Speed further. Objectively speaking, Ascendant is pretty Ok with the Totem Placement Speed it has access to, whereas for Raider, I would say its a bit below the ideal amount.
My 3.15 take/update to Lunasicc187's OneShotKill Elemental Hit Hierophant Guide

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3005581
I see, thanks! My last time with totems, was old Hiero using spell totems over a year ago. Seems like Ascendant will feel pretty decent after all then! :)
"
"

It just seems like you'd have to grind temples for a long time just for a chance at the corruption. I've gone entire leagues withoout getting a t3 corruption chamber

Focus your Alva missions on Glennach Cairns with the Temple passives allocated, as what fellow user Bart mentioned earlier. I get a lvl 3 corruption chamber every temple cycle, easy.

I've do the same way and only got it two times. Done a lot of temples... No sense at all, during this process I've farmed a lot of currency and bought helmet. So for me this was waste of time, better to farm delirium zone and bought it sooner because profit would be greater than from temples.
Last edited by RawDamage on Feb 1, 2021, 8:31:51 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info