3.13 Bladeblast Chieftain. GG HC build. high dmg/clear/surv. Blasting awakener! Strong as ever!

thanks mate

is it just due to condensed nature of the blades on the ground? or does a portion of the blasts damage come from the initial damage of the bladefall?
"
danielfitzi wrote:
thanks mate

is it just due to condensed nature of the blades on the ground? or does a portion of the blasts damage come from the initial damage of the bladefall?

it is the condensed nature of the blades. The more blades that fall close to a single target, the more blades blade blast will be able to detonate and damage the single target.
"
are there any recommendations for glove or boot enchants?

I am thinking of trying to get Commandment of Flames on my gloves. I have noticed that every so often packs explode when I shield charge into them with out having to cast Bladefall. I was hoping that the Commandment of Flames would help do this slightly more often.

Here are my two cents, ordered by recommendation.

For glove enchants:
* Commandment of Blades is a very nice enchant. You just need one bb hit to trigger it, and it can chain among mobs to clean one screen away. (This is a blade build anyway, so I'll highly recommend it)
* Commandment of Flames (yours is already good enough)
* Commandment of Light (this can be good choice if we roll it and want to stop there)

For boot enchants:
* 16% increased Attack and Cast Speed if you've Killed Recently (smooth speed mapping)
* Regenerate 2% of Life per second if you were Hit Recently (scales well with this build, icing on the cake)
* Damage Penetrates 10% of Enemy Elemental Resistances if you haven't Killed Recently (good for boss, but hard to roll due to low weight)
* 80% chance to Avoid being Stunned if you've Killed Recently (stun immune when combined with arcane swiftness, good for mapping)

We also have some good belt enchant choices, however I think those are small bonuses
* Hits against Enemies Unnerved by you have 50% increased Spell Critical Strike Chance
* 30% reduced Effect of Curses on you while on Consecrated Ground
* Enemies Taunted by you deal 5% less Area Damage
* Enemies Blinded by you have 30% reduced Critical Strike Chance (Personally I'm looking for this one, just due to the explosive glove I'm using)
Last edited by billybob630 on Feb 17, 2021, 8:35:02 PM
What do you guys think about using lvl 1 bladefall for reduced mana cost? Basically all of the damage comes from BB so should be fine right?
"
billybob630 wrote:
"
are there any recommendations for glove or boot enchants?

I am thinking of trying to get Commandment of Flames on my gloves. I have noticed that every so often packs explode when I shield charge into them with out having to cast Bladefall. I was hoping that the Commandment of Flames would help do this slightly more often.

Here are my two cents, ordered by recommendation.

For glove enchants:
* Commandment of Blades is a very nice enchant. You just need one bb hit to trigger it, and it can chain among mobs to clean one screen away. (This is a blade build anyway, so I'll highly recommend it)
* Commandment of Flames (yours is already good enough)
* Commandment of Light (this can be good choice if we roll it and want to stop there)

For boot enchants:
* 16% increased Attack and Cast Speed if you've Killed Recently (smooth speed mapping)
* Regenerate 2% of Life per second if you were Hit Recently (scales well with this build, icing on the cake)
* Damage Penetrates 10% of Enemy Elemental Resistances if you haven't Killed Recently (good for boss, but hard to roll due to low weight)
* 80% chance to Avoid being Stunned if you've Killed Recently (stun immune when combined with arcane swiftness, good for mapping)

We also have some good belt enchant choices, however I think those are small bonuses
* Hits against Enemies Unnerved by you have 50% increased Spell Critical Strike Chance
* 30% reduced Effect of Curses on you while on Consecrated Ground
* Enemies Taunted by you deal 5% less Area Damage
* Enemies Blinded by you have 30% reduced Critical Strike Chance (Personally I'm looking for this one, just due to the explosive glove I'm using)

Thanks for the excellent suggestions!

I got Commandment of Flames on my 3rd try, and I hate lab so much I am stopping there :)

I may go back later to see about the boots. My belt is corrupted so no enchant on that for now.
Hi!. I have problems figuring out how to craft the sceptre with +1 to level to physical gems , +1 to spell skill gems and damage per endurance charges. for example:

https://imgur.com/FggFk3Z
Last edited by korn3957 on Feb 17, 2021, 11:04:05 PM
"

Thanks for the excellent suggestions!

I got Commandment of Flames on my 3rd try, and I hate lab so much I am stopping there :)

I may go back later to see about the boots. My belt is corrupted so no enchant on that for now.

Yeah, lab runs are not fun, and this build doesn't move fast for lab, I usually just pick several candidates and stay happy about any one of them. Good luck on your boot enchant!
Last edited by billybob630 on Feb 18, 2021, 3:25:21 AM
"
Shadafaka wrote:
What do you guys think about using lvl 1 bladefall for reduced mana cost? Basically all of the damage comes from BB so should be fine right?

I think lv1 should work.

BTW, I'm trying anomalous bladefall, the knockback mechanism looks quite good for this build, we can sometimes lock mobs / small bosses by constantly knocking them back and interrupting their actions.
I am super happy with the Shield Charge - Commandment of Flames combo.

It has increased my clear speed nicely. I would estimate I can clear about half a T16 level map by doing nothing more than Shield Charging into pack after pack.

If a pack does not explode immediately, then I cast the BFBB combo and Shield Charge into the next pack.
Yes I've used level 1 bladefall today and it works fine, no noticeable difference but way better mana sustain. Finally time for me to drop the mana flask and pick up bottled faith and cinderswallow

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info