Path of Exile: Harvest FAQ

Small suggestion, Vulkan feels like it has some freeze situations that I cannot fully understand. Playing with a GeForce rtx2060 from a laptop, shouldn't be lagging like this but it does. I hope Vulkan won't be at beta on the release. Sometimes it even crashes the client.

Expansion looks lovely, can't wait. It is good to have a bit more laid back playstyle after Delirium.

Stay awhile... and listen.
"We're really excited about introducing a league with a pace that differs from previous leagues and can't wait to see how players build their characters around these new crafting options."

This exactly. some people complain about this league even before it has started. The same people that complained that the Delirium league was based on timed events and was designed for zoom-zoom.

I think this league will be very interesting. It will be different from the previous ones, and I'm pretty excited about it. I'm currently planning a few characters in Standard that I'd like to play during this league. Thank you GGG !
Last edited by FNX_Heroes on Jun 5, 2020, 7:44:28 AM
"
SaiyanZ wrote:

I'd really love to see the factual evidence for these claims. How was it determined that a large portion of the playerbase does not like crafting, does not use crafting or does not engage with crafting? That might be true for all those that quit before even reaching maps, but that's not really the core playerbase either.

Also: You still can kill things and get loot. I mean, nothing changed on that front. It is not like you are suddenly only able to craft and do nothing else. You get some crafting options every few maps that you can use without having to think about them much and if you really don't want to do it at all, you sell the seeds instead. Then you can buy your gear the same way you did in all leagues before...

The crafting options are replacing most of the loot that used to drop in leagues. So if you don't make use of it, it is worse than prior leagues for loot. You cannot also save/sell crafts easily/safely.[/quote]

Ok, I think our disagreement is just in how valuable that loot is. In my experience most of it is low tier currency and rares that are not even worth picking up. That indeed seems to get partially replaced by the crafting - though you do get loot from harvesting the monsters that spawn from the seeds.

I guess only the league will show how much less loot there is and in what quality.

"
If they allowed you to seal and sell a craft like you can for Prophecies, then it would be better for those who are not interested in crafting items. It's not going to be easy to craft as you need the item already for the specific craft you want or you lose the craft as you can't store it. So players are just going to ignore most of it.

You can see on the seeds already what you will get on a broad scale. You get a free seed storage. I get your point that it would be easier if you could get the crafts in prophecy form, but I think one can plan around well enough, at least from what we are told so far.

"
So what will happen for most is:

- they see a good craft
- spend currency to buy and item that they can craft/tweak with it
- put item back for sale for more and hope someone buys it so that they can make some profit.

or try to sell the craft and probably get scammed.

Yes, that seems plausible. I can see how a prophecy-like system seems better in that case, as you'd only need one trade to make your profit instead of two. On the other hand, such a system would incentivize not picking up any rare items even more. Just rush trough, get good crafting recipes, repeat. But with the current way, the system lends itself more towards crafting for yourself if you can't afford the high-priced items in trade. I honestly believe that this systems is better exactly for those players that up to now felt like they could never get high-end items, as it should be much easier to get a decent item and make it great with these crafts - without having to invest so much currency for it, that you could as well buy a great item via trade.
look good ty GGG
Impressive !
Great work again.
TY GGG
Mainstream gardening, but fishing still hasn't had a buff since release. So Albino Feather. Much disappoint.
I'm playing Animal Crossing NH and frankly I think I would rather continue to do all the shit Harvest has in AC.

"
Gaza wrote:
Mainstream gardening, but fishing still hasn't had a buff since release. So Albino Feather. Much disappoint.

Fishing also a non-issue in AC ;)
✰CARD✰ The Survivalist
I can’t buy any more big supporter packs because the forum only supports showing 7 legacy tags.
Last edited by cgexile on Jun 5, 2020, 10:14:59 AM
"
Do your map mods affect the monsters in your garden?
We're still working out the finer details of this so can't confirm anything just yet.

NO. Fucking NO, GGG. There was almost 100% "NO" on Ziggy's stream. There was almost 100% "NO" on last Baeclast.
DON"T. DO. THIS, ok? Make it "Abyss" style. I don't give a fuck - DO. NOT. DO. THIS. The message is loud and clear - WE. DON'T. WANT. THIS.
Excited to give Harvest a spin. One mechanical concern with in-map stash access being limited is prepping crafting bases. If it's just "craft directly from inventory" it could wind up cumbersome or impossible if someone gets good but unexpected results from a harvest and has the item they want to use in a different tab to their normal currency items. It also elevates the mtx tabs from basic convenience to potentially gameplay-impacting utility.

Likely already considered, but I think a solution to this would be to have stash-tagged items (maybe add a special item border while in a map garden too, to make it more obvious what's affected) drop from the inventory/tooltip when entering the garden portal like unused Stones of Passage at the end of an Incursion. Following up on this, removing the lock after an item has been harvest-crafted is going to be expected behavior. This last point holds some abuse potential (gear-swapping facilitated by a low-level Blessed orb equivalent craft) but it's very very small provided un-tagged items can't be put back into the map garden stash afterward.
"
Does Harvest crafting also benefit low level players?
Yes. Tending your garden from the earliest stages of the game provides powerful benefits to both leveling and end-game characters. We want the items you craft to be very powerful and to provide a huge boost for getting through the storyline content.

For example, Exalted Orbs are powerful currency items that are generally only available in the end-game. Some Harvest crafts allow you to effectively Exalt your items with specific mods - for example, Exalting a physical modifier onto the item.

Normally, Exalted Orbs are very rare due to a combination of their power, tradeability, and that they work on any item. If we drop too many early in the game, they'll lose a lot of their value. However, we can give a lot of 'Physical Exalts' early in the game through Harvest as they can only be used on lower level items and don't have any implications for Endgame items. By end-game, the 'Physical Exalts' become rarer again because their value rises exponentially as they affect more items.

Harvest crafts effectively allow you to Exalt your gear while leveling (alongside dozens of other similar powerful outcomes), which is unprecedented in Path of Exile.

It looks pretty cool. Can't wait to exalt my stuff at level 30 and fighting dominus lol.

At least the levelling experience will be fun.
My end, it justifies my means,
All I ever do is delay,
My every attempt to evade,
The end of the road
And my end....
Last edited by imLuCaSsS on Jun 5, 2020, 11:48:41 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info