-

Thanks Remi, much appreciated.
Just came here to voice my appreciation for such a solid build guide. Came back after a year or so to clean up my previous league characters. Had no clue what to build to do after the overwhelming amount of mechanics added (and I was sitting on a not insignifcant chunk of change). Spent almost a week just getting this build up and running. Still missing a chunk of hp to 5k

Equipment comments and skill mechanics question:

My Chest is missing the enduring composure roll and frenzy charge on hit. I only managed to get a less ideal version on my amulet (% chance to gain pow,frenzy,end charge on kill). I modified the chest skill gems for enduring cry and added second wind support + increased duration on top of divergent urgent orders support so I would be able to overlap enduring cry as soon as it expired to generally keep 3 charges up during boss fights at almost all times to compensate for not having enduring composure.

I've got mixed feelings on how enduring cry and immortal call react with the elusive buff from withering step since casting either of the 2 while elusive is up will cancel it out, but casting elusive after either is A-ok. It feels pedantic, but I'm not sure which is better:
1. more elusive uptime due to a longer enduring cry cd
or
2. cancelling out the elusive buff earlier so I can reset the elusive buff at the cost of experiencing the 1 sec withering step cd more often.

Moar Praise to build and comments on Simulacrum design:

The build scales quite well too. Granted I've sunk quite a large amount of currency on the build so there's that (so much so that I have variations on the loadout for specific map mods). Even decided to remove the awakened increased aoe on caustic arrow in exchange for increased item quant support.

It is no fault of the build that it's squishy af though. I was being one-shot a lot before I got my cd on immortal below 1.6 (currently at 1.48s). It's definitely gotten more consistent on survival after I got the flasking timers and the skill piano down to muscle memory. I still feel like the game has some core design issues that make it really unfriendly in stuff like simulacrum where the visual effects and clutter with tiny arenas make it ridiculously easy to get swarmed, or lag teleport to death on the bosses that spawn along with the mobs around wave...10? It also doesn't help when server lag decides to punish you and you suddenly "die" after clearing a whole wave (I have died during the item drop part of the wave end so yeah)

Sometimes I don't even notice the bosses until I see their corpses after the wave's almost ended while I'm just hunting for the stragglers. Other times, I don't realize I'm being hit by a simulacrum boss because I'm busy fast switching focus on my health bar and the screen to make sure I push health flasks asap. I have been killed off by simulacrum bosses a second after having just healed though. None of my runs have really lost more than 3 portals though so it's essentially just the map mechanics and design + server lag that presents a problem to the build.

P.S. I did learn, shortly after, that there was a movespeed debuff in simulacrum. I did not, at any point, feel that debuff for the whole 20 waves since I was zipping around with dash while getting teleported all over the place by lag hahaha.

On viability for relatively crazy content:

This build has helped me deal with Maven Witnessed Shaper, Red Elder, Uber Atz, and non-witnessed uber elder (both runs were clutch though since I have a hard time dodging accurately due to lag).

I've managed the Maven's Invitation: The hidden 2 out of 3 runs with this build. The 1st run was dead in the water cause I didn't understand how the Maven spawned bosses and how to locate where they would spawn. This was the first invitation I ended up doing to test the build thinking that the breachlords would correspond to the levels I did them in (aka 70).

2nd revenge run after doing breach lords was pure cheese...I made the same mistake as the first (not knowing where or how they would spawn). I realized that if I died having buffed my mirror archers without pressing resurrect immediately, they would continue punishing the bosses until they died or despawned so I killed the breachlords by taking as much hp as I could every portal and won with 1 portal left. My mirror archers killed them during my 5th death.

Final run was a roaring success of the dps check since I knew where the lords would spawn and just melted one of the first two (uul-netol died first) to get breathing room and be able to properly deal with the other's mechanics. Lost a portal due to being lag-ported back into esh's thunder circle burst in the 2nd set of lords while dashing out, but, otherwise, it ran smooth as silk.

The achilles heel of the build for me is that dash plays terribly with poe's servers. 9 times out of 10 I'm being rubberbanded all over the place, and it has lead to some dumb deaths. That and the occasional stupid one shot out of nowhere is probably the only thing that could bring my iteration of the build to its knees.

Currrently attempting to score a cortex map, and chayula breachstone to attempt The feared invitation.

So great job on this build, and I wish you the best :)

Last edited by Blaithin860 on May 20, 2021, 9:32:32 AM
is your filter updated? i get some writings, in the last sentence it says ''Re-do those changes and you will be back up-to-date again!'' but i dont understand what changes to do on these sub settings.
What auras are recommended until you get a watchers eye? I assume clarity and precision are only for that? How would you have your sockets at that point in the game?
Hey Remi, build looks awesome. Super excited to run it I’ve always heard great things about TR. I’m unfortunately on Ps5, which sucks for trade but is great for everything else (along with gigabit internet I have no troubles with lag or almost anything ever). I am going to start my ranger and start going for some of the endgame gear tomorrow. Already crafted a curse explode chest and have a viable +3 now for endgame along with a 6L quill rain for my weapon swap and leveling. Since there isn’t as much items on console, the bow seems to be best in current market of the new league on console. Anyways, I have a few questions before I start spending currency. First, with harvest nerfed is it more important to focus on the explode curse mods on chest before things like frenzy charge? I may try to craft frenzy on quiver if possible. Second, is there anything at all that’s in the current guide that has changed now since league start? Example, cluster jewels. The guy a few posts up asked about one of them, said it didn’t really make sense anymore and it looked like you explained why it was used and then said it indeed had not much use anymore. And if there’s any other tips you think I should know, or anything different for console maybe, please let me know. And thank you for taking the time to create tennis build guide. I don’t know how you guys do it, but I’m super grateful for it. Thanks!!
Am I missing something or what is the wither totem setup for this? I'm new to rangers xD
"
First, with harvest nerfed is it more important to focus on the explode curse mods on chest before things like frenzy charge? I may try to craft frenzy on quiver if possible.

Second, is there anything at all that’s in the current guide that has changed now since league start? Example, cluster jewels.

1. Explode itself is nerfed to the ground, let alone harvest. So you shouldn't be focusing on explode. Quiver is supposed to be either maloney or a double dot setup, or in terms of insane budget, life and res. No other.

2. I didn't changed much since league start, but if you meant from 3.13 to 3.14, mostly it is gear choices.

"
Ownzerr wrote:
is your filter updated? i get some writings, in the last sentence it says ''Re-do those changes and you will be back up-to-date again!'' but i dont understand what changes to do on these sub settings.

The filter should auto update. If it doesn't then just leave it. You can copy tyty's bow filter and then use another filter of your preference when you reached maps

"
YOUR_HAMSTER wrote:
What auras are recommended until you get a watchers eye? I assume clarity and precision are only for that? How would you have your sockets at that point in the game?

Pretty much the same stuff, unless you want to go flesh and stone, which you drop the aspect of crab for it

"
KaizenAD wrote:
Am I missing something or what is the wither totem setup for this? I'm new to rangers xD

Maloney and withering step
I cast remi - a very beginner friendly guide : https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2866127
Support me if you want to! ttv/remicaster1
Last edited by Remicaster1 on May 22, 2021, 3:03:27 AM
Wow appreciate the fast reply! Yeah the explode is nerfed pretty
Hard. The only plus is that when they do explode it does deal more damage I guess. Ok so maybe frenzy charge on crit plus extra curse instead of explode? Just trying to figure out what is the most important to craft on chest. I could’ve sworn I saw explode in the guide somewhere but maybe I just made that up in my mind XD. And I meant the post with the guy talking about the large cluster including arrowheads and some other notables, I forget. The budget is high for console league, at least. Already have a double dot quiver plus increased poison dmg as well so that should be ok for now unless you think life and res is a better idea. I know I can iron out resists with rings, boots, etc while still getting mods like the trigger mark for example. Other than all of us, I feel the only hard craft will be the amulet, with 2 hunter mods unfortunately. Once again thank you for the fast reply, starting to get the build going today!
I'm sorry if I've missed this somewhere, but on your POB you are running two curses (poachers and despair), but I can't find where we get additional curses?
Second curse comes from
Chest “you can apply an additional curse” mod

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info