-

"
xMustard wrote:
"
The spread range of spore pods from Toxic Rain is now affected by Area of Effect modifiers.

the absolute worst case scenario. i knew they were going to do it this way, but i hoped they were going to just reduce the projectiles and dmg a bit.

so basically now it scales area like rain of arrows does. the more inc area you have, the more spread (previously only +arrows gave that) AND the more pod area you have (previously this is all +aoe did, to increase overlap)

so basically sources of +area will not change your single target at all. it will merely change your clear speed by having more aoe and more spread. it should equal out to about the same as well.

so the opposite is true as well. a smaller radius or things like conc effect will not increase your single target either because at the same ratio (assuming) the spread and aoe should be both reduced or increased. again just like rain of arrows.

so basically.....the top end of TR for bossing just got absolutely fucking shit on, and its much worse then what we could have hoped for (20% dmg reduction and less projectiles).

basically this skill will still be amazing for league starting and early mapping, but it will really struggle with taking down the end game bosses.
i'd be guessing you'll maximum be able to get 4 projectile overlap now. i dunno, on my current build i get like 7-8 because of my +aoe%, which is massive. so this essentially HALVES my damage.

it should cut majority of TR builds damage by about 35-40%, i'd guess.

TLDR: basically there is no way you can get more overlap, which was the crux of TRs top end damage

I do believe you're right (the notes give me the same impression), but maybe it won't be as bad as you calculated because of the "the base spread range of the spore pods has also been slightly lowered" part. Anyway, I hoped for a smaller nerf, but let's see how things will turn out.
"
The Hunter-influenced modifier that granted increased Damage with Poison has been removed. A new modifier that grants Chaos Damage over Time has been added in its place.

The highest tier is at level 78 prefix for bows at 90-94% increased damage with poison. If they simply changed the wording to chaos dot without changing the values, it could provide a huge increase in damage. Idk what mods you want to sacrifice for this mod though but it's a possible option for more damage.
"
Polita wrote:
I do believe you're right (the notes give me the same impression), but maybe it won't be as bad as you calculated because of the "the base spread range of the spore pods has also been slightly lowered" part. Anyway, I hoped for a smaller nerf, but let's see how things will turn out.

i already accounted for that. the base gem (5 additional projectiles) with zero aoe gives you consistently 2-3 overlap. i generously stated 4 will be the new norm.

there is one saving grace to this, and its if they make it so additional projectiles DO NOT raise the radius, but are just slapped into the existing radius. this would cause more overlap and its the only way i'd play the skill again.

THIS BEING SAID. i do not think TR is dead, but its top end got absolutely wrecked.
TR will still be by far and large the best and easiest leaguestart for the right side of the tree until red tier+ maps. it will just struggle on AL6 sirus and other bosses higher then that because you won't be able to ramp your single target without trying to brute force it with +chaos damage.

that being said, you don't want ANY increased area, so it makes cluster jewel choices much easier now...but those also got nerfed. again.

i'd say your real top end type of DPS now is going to be floating around 5-7m sirus dps. still respectable, but the defensive aspect of the gem getting cut in half is also something to consider as well.

personally the gem is ruined for me completely. they changed the mechanics. they RUINED the mechanics just like they did molten strike all those years ago.
i hate rain of arrows and they just made toxic rain the same as rain of arrows (the way it scales area)
I feel the nerf of this build is way over the top.. they pretty much nerfed any mechanic of it hard (toxic rain itself and inc. aoe, hardened scars, cluster jewels, mana reservation for flesh and stone etc.). The build was good and probably needed nerfs, but it was not as overtuned as the nerfs do imply.
To those who think TR is nerfed heavily:

Please watch this video first, then let me know your thoughts.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QfpvulutYaM&ab_channel=Remicaster
I cast remi - a very beginner friendly guide : https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2866127
Support me if you want to! ttv/remicaster1
Chainbreaker isn't going to be an option for us though, is it? I'm hopeful it works out, glad to see there is some progress being made!
huh, interesting! yeah after thinking about it i was wondering if just dumping a bunch of aoe off the character sheet would help and it seems you thought about that too haha

the only other concern i have now is how to make up for hardened scars nerf, particularly early league. i might just do tr again as a league starter because i want to try other builds but i need to be able to farm efficiently to fund said builds lol
"
Remicaster1 wrote:

well first off you do still have +50% aoe (including dying sun) so you're getting more overlap then what you'll probably get with the new TR. and who knows what other stuff that is getting nerfed to come (cdotm craft, cluster jewels etc)
AND the tooltip doesn't show A HUGE VARIETY of +aoe so im guessing you actually have way more then what its showing.

but anyway, lets assume that the change of the base radius makes up for it.

people are doom and glooming saying its dead. its obviously not dead.
its DEAD to ME because they fucked with the mechanics. i won't touch the gem again.

it is heavily nerfed. but good news is you don't need dying sun or any +aoe sources any longer!!
that means you get a new flask and a new anoint and different cluster jewels and other things.

as i said in previous posts you can probably get 5-7m top end dps now. still very good for any DoT skill but i don't think its worth using over CA now.

with the nerf to its defensive aspect as well, it just won't be worth it to stand completely still for 10 seconds straight to ramp up your damage to that 5-7m. just use CA and get a consistent 2-3m while running around completely avoiding all danger.
"
xMustard wrote:
"
Remicaster1 wrote:

well first off you do still have +50% aoe (including dying sun) so you're getting more overlap then what you'll probably get with the new TR. and who knows what other stuff that is getting nerfed to come (cdotm craft, cluster jewels etc)
AND the tooltip doesn't show A HUGE VARIETY of +aoe so im guessing you actually have way more then what its showing.

but anyway, lets assume that the change of the base radius makes up for it.

with the nerf to its defensive aspect as well, it just won't be worth it to stand completely still for 10 seconds straight to ramp up your damage to that 5-7m. just use CA and get a consistent 2-3m while running around completely avoiding all danger.

Tbh the total sum of AoE is estimated around 21-22 radius with dying sun, which makes minimal differences at all tbh. On top of that, I didn't use the flask during shaper fight and the mino fight. So it is estimated around 20 radius anyway.

Did you saw the defenses in the video?

Edit : The 24% aoe comes from my helmet (15%) and gloves (9%)
I cast remi - a very beginner friendly guide : https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2866127
Last edited by Remicaster1 on Apr 14, 2021, 12:07:35 AM
"
rembihnutur wrote:

the only other concern i have now is how to make up for hardened scars nerf, particularly early league. i might just do tr again as a league starter because i want to try other builds but i need to be able to farm efficiently to fund said builds lol

Look at the video around 1:35 timestamp, I don't think that's something you should be concerned about

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info