-

Maybe a stupid question, but I've made it to maps and I'm constantly out of mana. How is this build supposed to regen mana quickly?
Don't know if it's just me but I'm still on white maps but I'm constantly dying with 4k life and 55/75/75 resists. I've only got Normal/Cruel lab complete but it seems like the other ascendency points aren't really going to boost my survivability.

Is it just the league? How are people surviving ground effects and getting chunked in tight ritual spaces?
im new player, but trying to play this build , cant finish act9,70 lvl , can someone check my character and sad to me WHAT THE PROBLEM>?
"
PumpFactory wrote:
Maybe a stupid question, but I've made it to maps and I'm constantly out of mana. How is this build supposed to regen mana quickly?
Mana flask. Do your 3rd lab and get the perma flask charges too. Also as Remi said have enough unreserved mana for continuous shooting between flask ticks.

"
projectoffset wrote:
Don't know if it's just me but I'm still on white maps but I'm constantly dying with 4k life and 55/75/75 resists.
Resists need to be capped. If you have let's say 55% fire you will die from any fire damage that hits you.

Also time to get some utility flasks like jade or quartz. Just life / mana / runspeed is ok for levelling, but defensive flasks are big part of surviving while mapping especially when you have a tabula so 0 defenses from chest. And again, doing 3rd lab helps to sustain those flasks, but you need to have them in the first place. You could have gotten some from quest in act7 I reckon, also enable them in loot filter just in case.

Also since you're not in SSF, time to upgrade some gear, for example you have a necklace for lvl 29? The hat should also be swapped asap.

On a side note, I don't recommend faster attacks support as it's increased attack speed, not "more attack speed" and it hits diminishing returns pretty quickly when you use quill rain so already have plenty of attack speed.

@fakewoowh7
Try to get life on every piece of gear you can (except weapon)
Reroll with alterations your life flask to instant affixes ("seething" or "bubbling", you have sapping on both that's kinda weak).
Try to get some utility flasks, reroll mana flask to enduring.
If you haven't killed last Kitava, I think your resists are ok, but when you get to last Kitava you will need more cold res.
Could be also time to farm / buy a tabula for a 6-link, running on a 4-link = low damage = monsters live longer = monsters have more time to kill you.

"
Viktranka wrote:
"
PumpFactory wrote:
Mana flask. Do your 3rd lab and get the perma flask charges too. Also as Remi said have enough unreserved mana for continuous shooting between flask ticks.

"
projectoffset wrote:
Don't know if it's just me but I'm still on white maps but I'm constantly dying with 4k life and 55/75/75 resists.
Resists need to be capped. If you have let's say 55% fire you will die from any fire damage that hits you.

Also time to get some utility flasks like jade or quartz. Just life / mana / runspeed is ok for levelling, but defensive flasks are big part of surviving while mapping especially when you have a tabula so 0 defenses from chest. And again, doing 3rd lab helps to sustain those flasks, but you need to have them in the first place. You could have gotten some from quest in act7 I reckon, also enable them in loot filter just in case.

Also since you're not in SSF, time to upgrade some gear, for example you have a necklace for lvl 29? The hat should also be swapped asap.

On a side note, I don't recommend faster attacks support as it's increased attack speed, not "more attack speed" and it hits diminishing returns pretty quickly when you use quill rain so already have plenty of attack speed.

Thanks. I capped my resists and switched out Faster attacks for efficacy. I'll hit up lab 3 to get that extra survivability and flask bonuses. The hat I was planning on swapping out for Devoto's which is listed as cheap, but I think that may have been labeled for previous leagues - it's fairly expensive at the moment and actually seems to be rising in price over time. I suppose I could opt for any random one that has decent life?

EDIT: Also between Skitterbots and Malevolence, which one should I choose to run? I have Flesh and Stone up permanently so I assume Malevolence?
Last edited by projectoffset on Jan 16, 2021, 7:16:48 PM
"
projectoffset wrote:
The hat I was planning on swapping out for Devoto's which is listed as cheap, but I think that may have been labeled for previous leagues - it's fairly expensive at the moment and actually seems to be rising in price over time. I suppose I could opt for any random one that has decent life?
Yes, just use a rare. A lot of people are playing this build this season, this will reflect in prices, same as vertex skyrocketed in price when trickster was popular. Devoto back in legion league when cyclone was meta rose to as high as 2ex, so you never know. If a budget option isn't budget and isn't 100% essential to a build, always skip.

"
projectoffset wrote:
Also between Skitterbots and Malevolence, which one should I choose to run? I have Flesh and Stone up permanently so I assume Malevolence?
Malevolence if it leaves you enough mana to shoot freely. Skitterbots are mostly good early on when low lvl malevolence doesn't do much, or if you use profane proxy to apply despair.
"
PumpFactory wrote:

Enduring mana flask alone would be plenty
I cast remi - a very beginner friendly guide : https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2866127
Support me if you want to! ttv/remicaster1
Hello what option is better? tabula with swift + mirage + vicious + void + efficacy or carcass 5L without efficacy?? i ask for the overlap thing.
"
projectoffset wrote:

Is it just the league? How are people surviving ground effects and getting chunked in tight ritual spaces?

Exactlmy the same issu i get literraly blown up by all the AOE/detonate dead/degens. I think I made a mistake going this build; it's simply not tanky at all.. 4K life, all the defenseives nodes just no glorious vanity 81% chaos. But phys explosion are the issue here (detonate spider i hate you).
Last edited by AAZgurf on Jan 16, 2021, 10:34:26 PM
"
Exactlmy the same issu i get literraly blown up by all the AOE/detonate dead/degens.
Detonate dead can kill 90% of the builds. You never ever should stand on it. They even improved the graphic of it during delirium league because everyone complained you couldn't see them under the fog, and they're nearly always certain death (outside of the tankiest, extreme investment specs you won't have on day#2 of the league).

Few other things: volatile (little fireballs that chase you) and lightning clones are also nearly certain death especially if more than 1 spawn. Corrupted blood if you don't have immunity or bleed flask can insta kill you. Chaos damage - get at least to 0% chaos res. Don't stay on -60% or hunter maps / alva incursions will 1-shot you. Abyss monsters spawn black explosive balls that are hard to see, but can easily kill you because they always spawn en masse. Detonate dead / freeze ice nova lockboxes too. Heist traps.

I don't know how bad are ritual persistent effects because I'm taking it slowly and I'm still early in levelling, but I imagine the blue beams or landing meteors are also something that will start hurting later on.

Also remember to respec from starting proj nodes to starting life nodes for more hp.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info