[3.21] Aegis Incinerate Elementalist - Tank with over 10mil Shaper DPS!

"
tntpop wrote:
Newbie question but could "Wave of conviction work with the exact same build instead of incinerate?"

Wave of Conviction works with Incinerate in this build.

Wave of Conviction is not typically used as a main source of damage, it is used more often in support of another main damage skill.

For this build, we take huge advantage of the following property of Wave of Conviction:

Exposure applies -25% to Elemental Resistance matching highest Damage taken

We don't actually care if Wave of Conviction adds any damage by itself but this Exposure it applies boosts the damage our Incinerate puts out by a large margin.

While I was leveling I threw WOC on a spell totem it helped speed up clear at least but I dont have any room to add it to the final build as all gems look to be needed.
I was skeptical of this build but after running it I have to say Bravo. I can literally go AFK fighting Sirus and not die. The Maven fight is going to be a breeze once I master the memory game. The only changes I made to the build were to use a skin of the lords with Iron Reflexes since I couldn't find a skin of the loyal with +1 for a reasonable price and the inclusion of a Militant Faith jewel to pick up power of purpose. All in all my armor is at 45k without any flasks on sitting in base. Popping a flask puts me over 72k which is 1400k energy shield instantly restored on block... which we do alot. Well made build and cheap.
"
kytte84 wrote:
I was skeptical of this build but after running it I have to say Bravo. I can literally go AFK fighting Sirus and not die. The Maven fight is going to be a breeze once I master the memory game. The only changes I made to the build were to use a skin of the lords with Iron Reflexes since I couldn't find a skin of the loyal with +1 for a reasonable price and the inclusion of a Militant Faith jewel to pick up power of purpose. All in all my armor is at 45k without any flasks on sitting in base. Popping a flask puts me over 72k which is 1400k energy shield instantly restored on block... which we do alot. Well made build and cheap.

awesome work!!!

I need to look into the Militant Faith choice to see what the trade off was. I think @Claeysken and I discussed this the other day but now I can't exactly remember why we decided against it.

The level of choices in POE can be mind boggling. Every time I think my build is almost done, some one comes up with another idea to make it better :)

I am very impressed that you stayed with Inquisitor. The elementalist version has been so strong I have not seen anyone post with an end game Inquisitor build since last league.

I like how you incorporated Fortify! I never thought of using it with Infernal Cry. That is a very clever use until you can get the Megalomaniac cluster.
Last edited by AndyLovesHisBge on Feb 8, 2021, 6:22:13 PM
"

I like how you incorporated Fortify! I never thought of using it with Infernal Cry. That is a very clever use until you can get the Megalomaniac cluster.

hmm, I just doubled checked. Fortify working with Infernal Cry was considered a bug and was fixed in a previous patch

"Fixed a bug where Fortify Support could apply to some triggered skills, such as Combust from Infernal Cry."

@kytte84, Are you actually seeing Fortify proc in your set up?
Last edited by AndyLovesHisBge on Feb 8, 2021, 6:05:48 PM
"
"
tntpop wrote:
Newbie question but could "Wave of conviction work with the exact same build instead of incinerate?"

Wave of Conviction is not typically used as a main source of damage, it is used more often in support of another main damage skill.

For this build, we take huge advantage of the following property of Wave of Conviction:

We don't actually care if Wave of Conviction adds any damage by itself but this Exposure it applies boosts the damage our Incinerate puts out by a large margin.

i also think he meant to ask what other alternative main skill can we look at other then incinerate
"
frannyx04 wrote:
"
"
tntpop wrote:

i also think he meant to ask what other alternative main skill can we look at other then incinerate

This question has come up in previous leagues.

The common answer I have seen in the thread is that many skills will work but none have the upper end damage that Incinerate has.
I made what should be my last big non min max purchase in picking up a well rolled Bottled Faith today for 7ex.

Now that I am finished with currency generating mode, at least for now, I am going to focus on pushing to level 96, and then going back to the lab, again, to see if I can finally get my glove enchants and eventually start working on the belt enchant.
"
kytte84 wrote:

I need to look into the Militant Faith choice to see what the trade off was. I think @Claeysken and I discussed this the other day but now I can't exactly remember why we decided against it.

I also experimented with the Militant Faith Gem but I run into Mana issues with it, can not use Flame Dash anymore and Incinerate also runs out of Mana. How did you manage this kytte84?
"
kytte84 wrote:
the inclusion of a Militant Faith jewel to pick up power of purpose.

Nicely done, really like the idea of going Power of Purpose via Militant Faith. 2000ish base armour at a cost of 4-6 skill points. Trying this now.

"
MrDigital wrote:

I also experimented with the Militant Faith Gem but I run into Mana issues with it, can not use Flame Dash anymore and Incinerate also runs out of Mana. How did you manage this kytte84?

You'll need take reduced mana cost of skills nodes, as well as channelling skills have -2 to mana cost on jewellery. With a -3 i've got incinerate down to 1 mana cost haha.
For flame dash and infernal cry you'll have to use level 1 gems to bring down the mana cost.
Last edited by j3pli on Feb 9, 2021, 7:18:57 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info