[3.21] Aegis Incinerate Elementalist - Tank with over 10mil Shaper DPS!

"
8r3nt wrote:
"
"
8r3nt wrote:

also i was trying to make inquisitor version tankier without losing too much DPS. Seems the new forbidden flesh/flame jewels with bastion of hope are not expensive at all (less than 1 ex each!!!). with bastion of hope, we can spec out of glancing blow and inquisitor's tankiness should be on par with guardian!

oh wow that is much cheaper than I first expected. I will have to weigh using two rare jewel slots for those. If I don't need the rare jewels to balance the stats for int and str I will consider it.

My spell block would be very low though with out Glancing Blows...I need the doubling effect of Glancing Blows to get my spell block capped. Unless I am misunderstanding how Bastion works, it seems like it only gives 10% to spell block which will leave me far below cap. I think this works better in the Guardian version than the Inquisitor version because Spell Block is almost capped in Guardian with out the need for Glancing Blows.

I might save up for Harmony of Purpose though, that looks wonderful...!

These are decisions a long ways from where I am now though :)

https://pastebin.com/KEssmV1u

slightly modified the tree & jewels. you lose a bit of dps, but ehp went from 140k to 392k :) think this is the version im going for.

to cap spell block, you need:
arcane guardian wheel - 16%
2 x stoic focus - 6% (you dont need unwavering focus any more since bastion of hope gives you stun immunity)
(optional) divergent tempest shield gives you an additional 2%

edit: also you don't need any attribute from jewels for this version, just need to make sure strength from circle of anguish match exactly the int from asenath gentle touch :)

that looks sweet!! I may switch into that in end game if I am lucky enough to get that far. I will save this POB to reference.
We talked a lot in 3.16 that the Cerberus is the best in slot for this build because of the defenses.

Is the best way to maximize this weapon the following?

1) perfect rolls of 20% cast speed and 100% Spell Damage

2) Go to Harvest and change Quality to be Elemental Damage

3) Use Beast Craft/Immortal Syndicate (Hillock in Transportation) to get 30% quality

Last edited by AndyLovesHisBge on Feb 9, 2022, 11:08:55 PM
For you Inquisitors who are mapping but can not yet sustain RF. You can put the massive life and ES regen you have to some extra use if you want. You can run blood rage (which we can sustain with ease) and you can get frenzy charges while mapping.
oh my god the new atlas is lighting my graphic card on fire! I have never had maps so juiced before and all for basic free just by allocating points.

I just had one of the those massive Harbinger boss mobs and I could not see what I was doing and mistakenly started a breach at the same time! LOL, brought my computer to its knees! But I didn't die :)

Smooth as silk at level 80 now. Every map complete from T1 through T9, working on completing all T10's. Having no issues at T10 even with Maven watching and I am not at even 1/10th of what my final damage will be eventually.

Not a great day for currency generation but I don't mind. I am spinning the slot machine wheel more than I ever have before and currency will come in one form or another. And more importantly I am having a blast.

It doesn't even seem like the same game after the Nerf bash during 3.15.
yup ive completed all my atlas bonus but my character is too weak to handle my atlas tree at the moment RIP loool
"
8r3nt wrote:

https://pastebin.com/KEssmV1u

slightly modified the tree & jewels. you lose a bit of dps, but ehp went from 140k to 392k :) think this is the version im going for.

to cap spell block, you need:
arcane guardian wheel - 16%
2 x stoic focus - 6% (you dont need unwavering focus any more since bastion of hope gives you stun immunity)
(optional) divergent tempest shield gives you an additional 2%

edit: also you don't need any attribute from jewels for this version, just need to make sure strength from circle of anguish match exactly the int from asenath gentle touch :)

That is a nice change! Looks very promising!
"
We talked a lot in 3.16 that the Cerberus is the best in slot for this build because of the defenses.

Is the best way to maximize this weapon the following?

1) perfect rolls of 20% cast speed and 100% Spell Damage

2) Go to Harvest and change Quality to be Elemental Damage

3) Use Beast Craft/Immortal Syndicate (Hillock in Transportation) to get 30% quality

Yep, that's it.
I know I'm reeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaally late to do this, but I defeated Maven for the first time ever ^^
Never felt the need to do it before, but wanted to get the 4th Atlas stone.

Had 1 rip, due to not knowing the mechanic, but all in all it went pretty smooth.
"
Claeysken wrote:
I know I'm reeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaally late to do this, but I defeated Maven for the first time ever ^^
Never felt the need to do it before, but wanted to get the 4th Atlas stone.

Had 1 rip, due to not knowing the mechanic, but all in all it went pretty smooth.

Nice work Claeysken!!! I hate the memory game but the rest of the fight is fairly easy for an end game boss for our build.
Last edited by AndyLovesHisBge on Feb 10, 2022, 12:08:02 PM
I need some help. The mistake must be obvious but I am totally not seeing it.

I am not sustaining Incinerate and I am at the stage where I think I should be able to. I have debugged it down to where Incin is costing 7 mana to cast but I think it should be either 4 or 5 mana to cast at this point so I am missing something that reduces my mana cost in my tree/gear. (I have the -4 on my ring).

If a kind soul has a second and can let me know what mistake I made I would appreciate it. I already know I am not at the proper mana regen rate I will have when the tree is finished but I don't want to focus on that because I know how to fix that. I am more interested in why my mana cost for Incinerate is higher than I expected. I feel like I am missing a "Reduced Mana Cost of skills" some where but the only one I can see on the final POB tree is next to Mystic Bulmark and I am taking that already.

https://pastebin.com/f03hBQUq

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info