[3.21] Aegis Incinerate Elementalist - Tank with over 10mil Shaper DPS!

I don't know how viable it will be to use triggers with out rethinking how much mana we have available but I do believe if the Controlled Destruction nerf prevents us from reliably procing Elemental Overload, the build will cease to function at high levels. It is just too much dps loss for late end game imo.
Last edited by AndyLovesHisBge on Jul 22, 2021, 12:54:22 PM
POB isnt updated yet but I edited the POB item to have 100% increased critical strike chance (to offset controlled destruction) and the crit change is 18.23. 20% of that is 3.6%

To NOT crit with 10 casts at 3.6% crit is (.964^10) is 69%, so 31% chance to crit each second. I'm not too worried about elemental overload, you can always use a brand/OOS/increased crit setup.

But I get you, so many nerfs has this build on life support...
"
Chubbypuppy wrote:
POB isnt updated yet but I edited the POB item to have 100% increased critical strike chance (to offset controlled destruction) and the crit change is 18.23. 20% of that is 3.6%

To NOT crit with 10 casts at 3.6% crit is (.964^10) is 69%, so 31% chance to crit each second. I'm not too worried about elemental overload, you can always use a brand/OOS/increased crit setup.

But I get you, so many nerfs has this build on life support...

Dunno if we actually have to invest in crit though... Incinerate hits so fast that keeping Elemental Overload up should not be a problem, even with the nerf.

Other things I've noticed from the patch notes:
-No more Unnerve on Blade Blast.
-Less cast speed resulting from the nerfs to the Awakened gems.
-Less damage overall from the nerfs to all support gems.
-No more immunity to ailments.
-Triggered skills now cost mana, but I don't think this will be a problem, since we have a rather large mana pool to begin with and very decent regen.
-We'll have to manage our flasks better.

Did I miss anything?
If you go back 10 posts, Andy and I have been discussing the changes that impact us.

In your elementalist POB you only have 71 unreserved mana, so I think mana could be an issue.

No cast speed from arcane surge now.
Last edited by Chubbypuppy on Jul 21, 2021, 7:32:47 AM
"
Chubbypuppy wrote:
If you go back 10 posts, Andy and I have been discussing the changes that impact us.

In your elementalist POB you only have 71 unreserved mana, so I think mana could be an issue.

No cast speed from arcane surge now.

Oh thanks, somehow I completely missed that.

This is gonna be a rough one... I still have this char specced in Std, I'll test after release and see how it feels.
Path of Building has been updated. The witch I ended up with lost about 16% damage, a lot of it from unclicking unnerve. If I took the sovernignty wheel and use enlighten 3 I had about 193 unreserved mana.

I actually did not use uncontrolled destruction (with elementalist heart of destruction I had enough AOE to use concentrated effect), so my incinerate had 8% chance to crit, which is more than enough to maintain elemental overload.

So I think the build is still viable, the damage is a bit low though.
Last edited by Chubbypuppy on Jul 21, 2021, 11:41:12 PM
"
Chubbypuppy wrote:
So I think the build is still viable, the damage is a bit low though.

What did your damage end up being?

I dropped a good chunk. From about 5.9m down to 3.4m or so (this is with all the GG gear). But that number is assuming 100% up time on flasks which does not sound possible any more, so the real damage is only about 2.6m with out flasks.

That damage is actually not terrible especially when I look at all the other builds that got nuked. And we have some design space to look at to see if there is anything we can use in the old blade blast area.

But I still am unsure about mana right now.

Lets see what @Claeysken says when he tests it out in standard after the big update.
Last edited by AndyLovesHisBge on Jul 22, 2021, 12:14:56 PM
Well... my damage ended up to like 965K release haha...
At this point might as well drop the golem nodes since you dont get elemental immunity anymore, I can get up to like 1.05

https://pastebin.com/KzNKFBBJ
"
Chubbypuppy wrote:
Well... my damage ended up to like 965K release haha...
At this point might as well drop the golem nodes since you dont get elemental immunity anymore, I can get up to like 1.05

https://pastebin.com/KzNKFBBJ

I played around with yours a bit. Just by switching up the ascendency, you jump to 1.6m when channeling (which is where we do the bulk of our damage).

And when you have Convergence you jump to 2.2m which is very viable for red maps. And this is with no flasks active (all our offensive flasks got walloped! :( ).

Depending on what @Claeysken finds out, we might be able to squeeze in Onslaught in place of the Bladeblast which gives us a little more DPS and allows us to not use the nerfed Cinderswallow if we don't want to.

@Claeysken when you do your test, could you also make the change where you put Combustion with the reckoning/Flammability set up and Cold Snap in the CWDT set up since we can't use dual curses any more?

I want to get a quick feel for whether that CWDT set up is viable any more.

edit: I just checked POB, I don't think we can use the full CWDT set up any more.

When CWDT triggers, these are the mana costs

Molten Shell: 25
WOC: 37
Cold Snap: 70

There is no way our current mana pool can handle this with out some other changes. Probably the easiest thing to do is simply drop Cold Snap.

That now leaves us with 4 open sockets (1 from the helmet, and three in the shield to replace the blade blast set up).
Last edited by AndyLovesHisBge on Jul 22, 2021, 1:19:06 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info