[3.10] Ewpewww's 'budget' CoC Arc Herald Stacker - >10 mil shaper DPS for as cheap as ~15ex

"
tumplovejee wrote:
After some upgrade I manage to get all aura and reach 70 chaos resistant

What should I upgrade next ? for cost-effective

https://pastebin.com/wBetb25a

Suggest you check out the 'Upgrade Options' section of the guide. Otherwise, please come to my stream and I can take a quick look at your POB and give you some suggestions :)
"
GangsAF wrote:
Hey there! Thanks for the build! I'm still early stages, level 82. I'm able to run all auras/heralds besides 2 puritoes and the haste at this point. Just too mana starved, it seems. To this point, are there any skill gems I should be leaving at level 1, like Precision which seems to reserve mana actual rather than percentage. I'm playing ps4 so building this has been a bit pricier than if on pc, well actually a lot pricier haha, but it's still been reasonable. Thanks for any help!

Hey there, thanks for checking out the guide! If possible, you should get Precision to level 20 because it gives you higher chance to crit, which is always good for a CoC build. If you are running clarity, then you can consider leaving that at level 1 because Coc builds do not need a lot of mana regen, especially if you are running Inspiration support. Otherwise, take out 'Haste', which doesn't add damage to the build and is merely used in this build for QoL, allowing you to move faster. Hope this helps!
"
Greyyyy wrote:
This build is awesome to play, I'm loving it!

I have a question though; I really, really really don't understand the whole part about CoC and breakpoints and attack speed and stuff. Is having lots of attack speed reducing my damage? How does that work? Could you help me out with that?

Thank you

Hey, I think someone might have already answered you.. but pasting a section on the guide regarding CoC in case helpful:

The way cast on critical strike works for this build is as such: Everytime you hit a critical strike with cyclone, you cast a linked spell. However, there is an internal cool down in the CoC support gem. Basically, without any cooldown recovery, you can cast a arc a maximum of ~6 times. Therefore, going above 6 attack per second ('aps') is not going to add significantly more damage for the build, except damage that you get for cyclone (which i think is negligible).

With cooldown recovery, though, we can increase the cast per second of CoC but it operates in a rather strange way of 'breakpoints'. My interpretation of it is as such:
- Casts per second does not scale linearly with cooldown recovery speed
- Casts per second only increase when you hit certain levels of cooldown recovery speed. Based on my understanding, 15% and 52%. These are known as breakpoints.

To get to the following cooldown recovery speed:
(1) 15% to get up to 7.5 casts per second, you want <7.5 aps - use either cooldown recovery on belt or boots
(2) 52% to get up to 10 casts per second, you want <10 aps - use awakened CoC gem (at least level 4 for 19%), and cooldown recovery speed from boots (up to 15%) and belt (up to 20%)

What does this mean for the build?
- Ideally, you want to maintain an aps that corresponds to the cooldown recovery that you can get
- The POB/my character posted is certainly not a good example of that - it definitely can be optimized to do more damage but I got lazy :P
- In terms of what you can tweak to get to the right level of attack speed:
(1) Haste gem level
(2) Removing increased attack speed from your jewels that give you reduced mana reserved
- You should test out your max aps when mapping - remember that it needs to take into account onslaught, frenzy charges
"
38thDoE wrote:
Thanks for posting this build!

Quick question, POB is telling me I can get a 21% damage increase by swapping cold penetration over to elemental focus. What is it missing? It also prefers cold to fire support over cold penetration although not by as much.

How big of a problem is corrupted blood for this build in the Sirus fight?

Hey! Are you looking at the damage to normal mobs or bosses? Due to how the mechanics work, elemental penetration is more DPS effective on mobs that have high resistance (e.g. Shaper, Sirus).

Corrupted blood can be a problem during Sirus fight so you can swap in anti-bleed quicksilver flask if required. Otherwise, you can try to get a "corrupted blood cannot be inflicted on you" jewel that also gives you other beneficial stats - those are quite cheap at the moment given how many jewels people are corrupting for RMR.
"
Reload223 wrote:
Can i use belt with 19% Recovery speed? Or i must only with 15%?

You can! Just pay attention to CoC Breakpoints. Pasting a section of the guide that aims to explain that:

The way cast on critical strike works for this build is as such: Everytime you hit a critical strike with cyclone, you cast a linked spell. However, there is an internal cool down in the CoC support gem. Basically, without any cooldown recovery, you can cast a arc a maximum of ~6 times. Therefore, going above 6 attack per second ('aps') is not going to add significantly more damage for the build, except damage that you get for cyclone (which i think is negligible).

With cooldown recovery, though, we can increase the cast per second of CoC but it operates in a rather strange way of 'breakpoints'. My interpretation of it is as such:
- Casts per second does not scale linearly with cooldown recovery speed
- Casts per second only increase when you hit certain levels of cooldown recovery speed. Based on my understanding, 15% and 52%. These are known as breakpoints.

To get to the following cooldown recovery speed:
(1) 15% to get up to 7.5 casts per second, you want <7.5 aps - use either cooldown recovery on belt or boots
(2) 52% to get up to 10 casts per second, you want <10 aps - use awakened CoC gem (at least level 4 for 19%), and cooldown recovery speed from boots (up to 15%) and belt (up to 20%)

What does this mean for the build?
- Ideally, you want to maintain an aps that corresponds to the cooldown recovery that you can get
- The POB/my character posted is certainly not a good example of that - it definitely can be optimized to do more damage but I got lazy :P
- In terms of what you can tweak to get to the right level of attack speed:
(1) Haste gem level
(2) Removing increased attack speed from your jewels that give you reduced mana reserved
- You should test out your max aps when mapping - remember that it needs to take into account onslaught, frenzy charges
Hi again,

You rock and thanks for all you do!!

I have a couple questions I'm hoping you can answer.

1. I was able to snag a Saqawal's Nest for 12 ex which was cheaper than what I'm used to seeing on xbox. They're usually 15-20. So I got a new shield and went the CI route. I had to drop Haste for now. What can I put in the gem slots where I used to have blood magic and haste? Also, on the skill tree, once you spec out of Pain Atunement, do you still need to keep Arcane Vision, or can you spec out of that too?

2. Are there any specific gems you think are more important to get corrupted? E.G. Discipline to level 21 seems important for more ES. Maybe Arc too for more dmg? Quality doesn't seem too important since most of the auras just get more AoE as quality scales.

My character and gear is in my profile under Barrry Halls if you feel like taking a peek and providing any feedback on what to prioritize next.

EDIT -- Also, being on console, I hit my potions on my bumpers a whole lot more than any others. The D-Pad ones are harder to hit so I usually only use those on bosses. If you had to pick two that you used against the trash and kept up most often, what would they be? Currently doing Diamond Flask and Quicksilver Flask.

Thanks!
Last edited by Carnophage888 on May 28, 2020, 1:16:26 AM
I think you did a good job with the guide, but there are a lot more budget herald builds imho. You can do it without the voices. No voices herald 2nd build are true budget ones, PM me for POB - I spent 60c for the build and farm the rest in 1 day.
Hey! I did this build and this is my first herald stucking build. I have 89 lvl. 7 clusters (x4 herald + harbringer and x3 endbringer + harbringer). And when my all 15 auras is ON then i have about free 20-30% of all my mana. What i need do? More auras? Items with auras? Or are 15 auras max?
Last edited by Reload223 on May 28, 2020, 5:29:02 AM
"
Reload223 wrote:
Hey! I did this build and this is my first herald stucking build. I have 89 lvl. 7 clusters (x4 herald + harbringer and x3 endbringer + harbringer). And when my all 15 auras is ON then i have about free 20-30% of all my mana. What i need do? More auras? Items with auras? Or are 15 auras max?
"
j4c0x wrote:
Thanks so much for this build, I thought I needed +100ex to try heralds stacks :)
I added some endbringers and I'm rocking sims.

pd: is critical strke multiplier capped at 300%?

Hey, glad you enjoyed the build! For critical strike multiplier:
- It is expensive to invest in critical strike multiplier in this build because of the number of required uniques - you most likely have to do it through jewels, timeless jewels etc.
- Therefore, it is most cost efficient to use Maligaro's Virtuosity
- However, when you use Maligaro's, your critical strike multiplier will always be 300%, which means:
(1) You don't need critical strike multiplier on other equipment to get to 300%
(2) But you also can't go beyond 300%

Hope this helps!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info